Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:07:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My Team to face TLOB Brighton  (Read 2880 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
My Team to face TLOB Brighton
« on February 08, 2014, 02:42:20 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If we are going to begin our promotion charge,we really need to be beating TLOB :rolleyes:,They are a struggling team i really feel for our fans having to play teams like this :laugh:,Being serious now,it's going to be a tough tight game for me,they don't score a lot of goals usually,and for me we'd be more than happy to take a point there,and hope we can nick something on the break,but as we know Paul Dickov always goes for the win with his side's,so i could be completely wrong,but i'd fancy it to be 0-0,this is the team i'd pick.

Johnstone

Meite               Khumalo

Tamas                                     Husband

Keegan

Coppinger                             Duffy

Furman

Brown                   Sharp

I Wouldn't change anything only Furman in for Wellens,De Val i wouldn't think would be fit enough to put straight in,and i'm not a believer in ''Blooding new players'' in away games,minimal changes,don't change what doesn't need fixing,i think some of they're crowd will get a slight surprise on how decent a side we have,here's hoping for a point at least :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: My Team to face TLOB Brighton
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2014, 03:43:24 am by hoolahoop »
Hmm it does pick itself really, strong and experienced defence, clever and fast midfield and lethal strike force. Notwithstanding the awful weather (always a leveller) TLOB need to take this game very seriously

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2014, 06:20:52 am by GazLaz »
I wouldn't want to play Keegan and Furman together ever.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2014, 06:57:13 am by River Don »
                     Johnstone

Keegan
       Coppinger                       Duffy

Forrester.                                     Sharp
                            Brown
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:34:26 am by River Don »

smitiai

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2014, 07:15:09 am by smitiai »
Personally. I would put de val in there instead of furman.

Me maybe not fully match fit, but with Keegan sat in front of the defence I think we still need a person to play the ball forward from centre midfield.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2014, 07:17:09 am by graingrover »
their

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2014, 08:16:28 am by Donnyrovers »
                     Johnstone

Keegan

Brown

That team would leave us so open and Keegan having to battle the midfield practically by himself.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2014, 08:16:51 am by Al4475 »
We are in a very different position now with the squad than we have been for a while now! It's amazing we've got two full 11s that should do a job in this league. I know they aren't all our players but theoretically these two teams (not including Paynter, Syers and Bennett) could pull on the shirt if need be!

One that I feel would head up to just beyond mid table.
And one that would stay clear of the bottom four.

Obviously all theoretical as said earlier but...

FIRST XI                                                   SECOND XI

Turnbull                                                    Johnstone

Tamas                           Husband                Quinn                                   Stevens
         Khumalo         Meite                                    Jones             MCCombe

Keegan                                                     Furman
                    Wellens                                                     De Val
Coppinger                       Duffy                      Cotterill                              Forrester

Brown      Sharp                                       Peterson       Robinson

If you add Paynter in rather than Peterson (assuming he eventually comes back - which I doubt unfortunately)  you've then got others to move in eventually such as McCullogh (who I think will be back in or around the playing squad again very shortly personally), Wakefield Finnegan, Meade, Middleton, Binns and Winchop - although everyone of those plus Peterson would benefit from game time in L2. McCullogh would be for me the one of these younger lads to stay in and around the first team.

Doesn't look so bad does it.
On the flip side - take out the guys on loan, short term deals or whose contracts run out at the end of these season and it's not quite so impressive!

If we stop up (which I think we will) tying Turnbull, , Husband, Tamas, Meite, Khumalo, Keegs, Copps and (dare I say it) Sharp to longer deals within our budget would be a set of amazing coups.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:33:59 am by Al4475 »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2014, 08:21:16 am by adamtherover »

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2014, 08:21:41 am by Donnyrovers »
I would pick the same team as the last game if everyone fit with De Val in place of Wellens, I think he deserves another chance because the headless chicken Furman hasn't done enough this season when given the chance so I think someone else deserves a chance instead of him.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2014, 08:22:15 am by Al4475 »
For today, I'd maybe go:
             Johnstone,
Tamas, Meite, Khumalo, Husband

McCullogh Keegan

Brown Sharp

I'd sit McCullogh behind Keegan and let Keegan pick out the passes - we are away from home and a point would be a decent result - so play McCullogh in between Keegs and the back four and keegs not much further up.

I'd have Furman and De Val on the bench in case it wasn't quite working and if fit I'd make sure Forrester was also in there on the bench if we fancied our chances later on.

Bench: Maxted, Furman, De Val, Forrester, Stevens, Cotterill, Peterson

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2014, 08:25:31 am by RedRover45 »
their

Any need ? The post above yours uses 'there' in the correct context so I can only think your pedantry relates to the use of 'they're' instead of 'their' in a post much further up. A very genuine small mistake from the poster, it's hardly text speak or a badly written post. Give him a break for Gods sake, this grammatical obsession is getting ridiculous and unnecessary.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 08, 2014, 08:30:06 am by River Don »
                     Johnstone

Keegan

Brown

That team would leave us so open and Keegan having to battle the midfield practically by himself.

Maybe. A 4-3-3 like that would require Copps and Duffy to be disciplined in the middle, Copps has been pretty effective playing more centrally in the past and I like the idea of Sharp and Forrester as wide attack with Browny down the middle.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:39:24 am by River Don »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2014, 09:13:39 am by The Red Baron »
Personally I'd put an extra body in midfield and play Billy up top on his own. Brown on the bench (he'd probably benefit from a rest) so he can come on if we need to go 4-4-2.

If Forrester's fit he'd be in, otherwise both De Val and Furman alongside Keegan.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 08, 2014, 09:27:03 am by mrfrostsdad »
According to the unofficial site Keegan is a 'very big doubt' for today. Forrester is still injured (anyone know how much we actually paid for him?)
I don't know about De Val. Dickov obviously doesn't fancy him despite bringing him in and he's had little or no match time and won't be match fit.
All of a sudden, we look really lightweight in midfield. No Wellens, which for me is a disaster as I reckon he's our best, most consistent player by a country mile, and possibly no Keegan. I know I've gone on record as saying I'm not a huge Keegan fan, but we need him today. Unfortunately, I don't think he is anywhere near as good a player when Richie is not playing either.

If Keegan is not fit, I would go for Furman and  Husband in midfield and play Edna at left back, or maybe Quinn. If Keegan is fit, then for me it's a straight swap, Furmam for Wellens

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2014, 09:47:23 am by ponte_ricky »
can mcullogh not play in CM? seems probably better suited to that than CB for me

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2014, 11:09:35 am by mrfrostsdad »
Who knows Rick?
And I certainly wouldn't want to try and find out today.

With De Val, if Dickov is not going to play him when Wellens is banned and Keegan is (possibly) injured, we may as well get rid of him because he's not going to play. At least it would free up some wages for someone who Dickov thinks IS good enough to have a game

TinyPortal © 2005-2012