Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:51:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71624 times)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
Re: Price for Leeds away next March 36 QUID AND £18 FOR U16!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on March 13, 2014, 12:01:50 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Some people have made that effort, and the stadium management have intervened and will inevitably nip it in the bud because it upset a few of our mollycoddled precious wall-flowers.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:15:12 pm by Forum Admin »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Re: Price for Leeds away next March 36 QUID AND £18 FOR U16!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #151 on March 13, 2014, 12:04:35 pm by Jenny »
Which is bending the truth a little bit isn't it?

The club have offered a meeting to iron out the issues which stem from the youths who think they are playing the part of Extra's in Green Street.

So do you give in? Or make the youths see the error of their ways?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #152 on March 13, 2014, 12:19:40 pm by MrFrost »
First off, a lot of the "prawn sandwich brigade" have been there and dunnit before you were born; they stood on terraces for years and if it's there choice to sit now, separate from the singers, they've earned that choice.

DRFC are trying to cater to all fans, hence allowing the trial of the singing section.

The keepmoat SHOULD NOT be an uncomfortable place to come for away fans and the modern game will not allow it. And I'm sure you've done plenty of research on this but just because you write that we need fans with intimidating & tribal attitudes, it doesn't mean it's actually true (although I don't find 100 or so young teenagers taking their shoes off that intimidating in the slightest, but I digress). In fact, most of the fans who are complaining about this and that on facebook would have been under 10 when we were still at Belle-Vue, which speaks volumes when they try and compare OBV with the Keepmoat.

And if DRFC were simply a corporate money machine, wouldn't we be charged the sort of prices you see at Leeds, with all their tribal, amazing fans? Who are really the fans getting bent over?

Bore off, not sure why you like football. Perhaps you would be better suited to watching cricket, or snooker.
The keepmoat should be a fortress that teams dread to visit. When I go to away games, I expect to be intimidated, it's part of the buzz of football, all stood together outnumbered in someone else's back yard.
I tend to avoid the boring soulless stadiums, (mk dons, Bournemouth, reading. Instead I go to the ones with a bit of an edge about them, like sheffield utd, forest, millwall.
It's time Rovers stopped being so nice, time to toughen up, and give the visitors hell. as I expect to receive when Rovers go away.

Spot on.
If the club decide to do away with the singing section 3 games in, then there's no hope and never will be.
I was going to buy a season ticket next season, I reckon i'll spend my cash on away games instead now.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on March 13, 2014, 12:20:00 pm by Boomstick »
They haven't banned it have they?
I'll tell you what, if they do then I can't see the attraction in going to the keepmoat.
I'll stick to the away games

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on March 13, 2014, 12:31:53 pm by wesisback »
I think all three of you have got the wrong vibe from the club.
In the last two games the Police and the stewards have been furthers strained by this section (albeit a minority of morons) adding a further cost to the club in terms of safety.
The club as a result has offered an opportunity to discuss this for the future. I'm sure it will go along the lines of 'any further issues and it goes'.
So if you three want this section so much, why not attend and suggest how you think this can be done without causing irritation to those around the section.
Maybe offer to help self police these young impressionable youths, it'll make you see how difficult it is to steward a load of testosterone and alcohol fuelled teenagers.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on March 13, 2014, 12:36:27 pm by MrFrost »
I don't see the problem. I've been to many away games over the last few years where the home team has fans congregated next to the away fans. The police and stewards just let them get on with it.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on March 13, 2014, 12:37:51 pm by Boomstick »
I'm sorry but if a singing section causes irritation, then either don't come to the football. Or sit in the east stand where you will be accommodated.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on March 13, 2014, 12:38:27 pm by silent majority »
No they haven't banned it. My understanding is it's the Police who are not accepting the match day arrangements. The club have spent a lot of time and effort reducing the amount of Police at our games, and we were the first club in SY to have Police free games depending on designation.

If the Police choose to designate all games differently then the Police bill will rise rapidly. That won't be acceptable to the club.

It will be about negotiation with supporters, it always is. I know certain people have said, on here, that meetings aren't required just get on with it, but it's never that simple. The FSF had to intervene at Middlesborough on behalf of the Red Faction, they were involved at Leicester with the Fosse Boys and at Sunderland, Cardiff, Leeds, just to name a few, to help with their singing sections. That might not be necessary at DRFC because the club are willing to talk. If I was one of you guys in the NW corner I would go to the meeting, you might be pleasantly surprised at how much help the club will give you.

Chanting the names of certain members of staff, without knowing the full facts, won't do your cause much good though.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on March 13, 2014, 12:40:30 pm by Boomstick »
I don't see the problem. I've been to many away games over the last few years where the home team has fans congregated next to the away fans. The police and stewards just let them get on with it.
There's not a problem, just some fans seem to be making out there is one. Its not like it's doing them any harm

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
Re: Singing Section
« Reply #159 on March 13, 2014, 01:13:02 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Neither... i don't believe any course of action needs taking at this stage as nobody has really suffered any feasible discomfort from their presence. If the argument is 'they have offended some of our season ticket holders' then that is frankly pathetic, this is Doncaster Rovers, the scruffy pub-team, not Augusta National Golf Club.

If there are actual criminals committing criminal activity, then fine, take a look at it... but to throw the towel in over assumed behaviours based on 'green street' stereotypes smacks of us soaking up some of the media fear-mongering that gives the common football fan a bad rep and leaves society with a fear of groups of youths. Then the people in the high power positions go citing 'health and safety' and 'intimidation' as a means to justify a blatant prejudice.

To quote Frank Turner: "For every teenage tracksuit mugger, theres a guy in a suit that wouldn't lift a finger for anybody else"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:16:50 pm by Forum Admin »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on March 13, 2014, 01:22:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
Yeah, fcuk it, let's forget our season ticket holders who prop up the club every season...

:suicide:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:17:03 pm by Forum Admin »

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on March 13, 2014, 01:29:56 pm by Tokyos Boot »
No, lets not forget them.

But lets not prioritise them either! Their money is JUST as important as these youth's money, just because their literacy skills might be better honed doesn't mean their opinions and experiences are more valid.

Thats a problem the VSC has with its diplomacy as well, the elitist treatment of its members opinions and access to information.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:17:18 pm by Forum Admin »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on March 13, 2014, 01:35:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
oh dear, here we go, it's all the fault of the trust now...  :rolleyes:

Season Ticket Holders should, and will, always be prioritised. They allow the club to set budgets each year, and they bring in the regular income. Let's also remember that the Season ticket holders who may have been affected by the singing area may have been sat in the same seat for 6 or 7 years.

Why would you bring up anything to do with literacy skills, and why would you suggest the younger fans don't have any? Are your next posts going to mention Hitler by any chance...

And I'm not sure you are in a position to be judging anyone on diplomacy skills...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:17:10 pm by Forum Admin »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on March 13, 2014, 01:52:52 pm by Padge_DRFC »
There would have been a large police presence anyway for the last 2 games due to the fact that we've had 2800 fans in the away end.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on March 13, 2014, 02:05:08 pm by Tokyos Boot »

Season Ticket Holders should, and will, always be prioritised. They allow the club to set budgets each year, and they bring in the regular income. Let's also remember that the Season ticket holders who may have been affected by the singing area may have been sat in the same seat for 6 or 7 years.

Why would you bring up anything to do with literacy skills, and why would you suggest the younger fans don't have any? Are your next posts going to mention Hitler by any chance...

And I'm not sure you are in a position to be judging anyone on diplomacy skills...

As a general rule, i always think as soon as the word 'Hilter' appears in anyones debate about anything (other than world politics) it means they're running out of ideas!  ;)

Well i disagree with that system, its all well and good that we have a committed band of supporters with the free income and commitment to buy a season ticket, and thank god for them for their commitment...

But if you go to any business as a customer, lets say Tesco as an example, wether you are a clubcard holder or not, wether you are buying a packet of smart price cheese curls or spending £500 on electronics your needs as a customer are all equally important, because they see the value in customer satisfaction.

We have a small percentage of unhappy pedants because they can't sit in a seat (that is the same replicated piece of plastic with just as good a view all around the stadium)... and a much much higher percentage of supporters who are unsatisfied with the atmosphere.

But its easier to berate those in the tracksuits isn't it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:17:32 pm by Forum Admin »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on March 13, 2014, 02:20:16 pm by bobjimwilly »
Just remember there's a disabled section in the area in question; those in wheelchairs can't be easily relocated if they have any problems with the singing section, not that they or any other season ticket holder should be made to relocate

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on March 13, 2014, 02:27:08 pm by MrFrost »
What's your answer then bobjimwilly you are forever thinking of potential problems but never giving any solutions.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on March 13, 2014, 02:28:50 pm by BigColSutherland »
you are forever thinking of potential problems but never giving any solutions.
Is there an emoticon that represents "speechless"?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on March 13, 2014, 02:40:03 pm by bobjimwilly »
sorry for the age I took to respond (10 mins?), I'm trying to do some work at the same time here, which is proving quite difficult...

My answer is I don't perceive the "problem" to be as bad as some suggest, or easy to solve as writing a couple of posts on a forum. I also, believe it or not, prefer to work directly with those that can make a difference it the real world, rather than anonymous posters on an internet forum. C'est la vie

here's an emoticon

I think he's shaking his fist in this one?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:44:09 pm by bobjimwilly »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on March 13, 2014, 03:51:21 pm by hoolahoop »
Attendance comparisons with OBV have been mentioned a few times. If the following stats are true, OBV didn't hold, on average, anywhere near as many people as the Keepmoat sees on a regular basis

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/donr.htm

What that also tells me is just how abysmal our cup performances have been since 1902. I doubt that there are many clubs in the modern game that have performed quite as badly . :(
That over the years has also drastically had a negative effect on our Club's cash flow.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on March 13, 2014, 03:59:21 pm by hoolahoop »
Just remember there's a disabled section in the area in question; those in wheelchairs can't be easily relocated if they have any problems with the singing section, not that they or any other season ticket holder should be made to relocate

What are you suggesting then Bjw that pockets of 'beraters' should sit amongst those trying to create an atmosphere ?
I disagree we can't have it both ways I.e. a stadium that creates an atmosphere with the 'singers' together and  a ghetto of a few individuals who refuse to move !!!
There are plenty of unused seats in the Km offering a similar view for these folk surely ?
If we all thought like you we would never have any motorways or airports in this country

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on March 13, 2014, 04:04:44 pm by MrFrost »
sorry for the age I took to respond (10 mins?), I'm trying to do some work at the same time here, which is proving quite difficult...

My answer is I don't perceive the "problem" to be as bad as some suggest, or easy to solve as writing a couple of posts on a forum. I also, believe it or not, prefer to work directly with those that can make a difference it the real world, rather than anonymous posters on an internet forum. C'est la vie

here's an emoticon

Doesn't this go against the message board rules?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on March 13, 2014, 04:17:22 pm by bobjimwilly »
If we all thought like you we would never have any motorways or airports in this country

:saywhat:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on March 13, 2014, 05:29:24 pm by Boomstick »
Yeah, fcuk it, let's forget our season ticket holders who prop up the club every season...

:suicide:
I'm sure I told you to bore off

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on March 13, 2014, 06:00:19 pm by knockers »
I sit in this area as do several friends and we have next seasons tickets bought. Just because we have done this does not mean that we don't want the singing section. Not everyone has to bounce all the game to assist the atmosphere. A season ticket does not an old fart make!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on March 13, 2014, 06:35:39 pm by Filo »

As a general rule, i always think as soon as the word 'Hilter' appears in anyones debate about anything (other than world politics) it means they're running out of ideas!  ;)

Well i disagree with that system, its all well and good that we have a committed band of supporters with the free income and commitment to buy a season ticket, and thank god for them for their commitment...

But if you go to any business as a customer, lets say Tesco as an example, wether you are a clubcard holder or not, wether you are buying a packet of smart price cheese curls or spending £500 on electronics your needs as a customer are all equally important, because they see the value in customer satisfaction.

We have a small percentage of unhappy pedants because they can't sit in a seat (that is the same replicated piece of plastic with just as good a view all around the stadium)... and a much much higher percentage of supporters who are unsatisfied with the atmosphere.

But its easier to berate those in the tracksuits isn't it.

Attend the meeting, put your point forward

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on March 13, 2014, 06:37:40 pm by Filo »
What's your answer then bobjimwilly you are forever thinking of potential problems but never giving any solutions.

Attend the meeting and put your solutions to the people that have invited you

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on March 13, 2014, 06:38:10 pm by CraigyBoy »

here's an emoticon

Is this a guy who participates in "warning" people? As a little yardstick, I got PM warned by a mod for referring (in general terms) to unspecified posters as "neanderthals". One rule for one eh..... Like most things, and readily demonstrated on here all too frequently, a little bit of power goes to folk's heads. Sad.

I can't find the emoticon for brainless.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on March 13, 2014, 06:50:44 pm by Boomstick »
Its pathetic, can't work out the guys problem

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on March 13, 2014, 07:06:13 pm by MrFrost »

here's an emoticon

Is this a guy who participates in "warning" people? As a little yardstick, I got PM warned by a mod for referring (in general terms) to unspecified posters as "neanderthals". One rule for one eh..... Like most things, and readily demonstrated on here all too frequently, a little bit of power goes to folk's heads. Sad.

I can't find the emoticon for brainless.

Exactly. How is it certain moderators can behave how they like?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012