Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:50:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71640 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #180 on March 13, 2014, 07:06:38 pm by MrFrost »
What's your answer then bobjimwilly you are forever thinking of potential problems but never giving any solutions.

Attend the meeting and put your solutions to the people that have invited you

I'll be working.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on March 13, 2014, 07:58:14 pm by i_ateallthepies »
As far as I'm concerned, the atmosphere is a lot worse at the keepmoat. What happened to the main stand gobshites? what happened to the 200 or so at the centre of the pop terrace?

I think they now sit right behind me.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on March 13, 2014, 08:01:19 pm by KieronDRFC »
Are the club going to announce the meeting on the club website so fans actually find out there is a meeting?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on March 13, 2014, 08:16:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What's your answer then bobjimwilly you are forever thinking of potential problems but never giving any solutions.

I'll be working.

Your good with a keyboard send an email. Also people from the club are around the ground on matchday perhaps go make your point then.

Anyone who has a problem go to the meeting, send an email, letter or have a phone call with them.  Plenty of opportunity and they'll do it for you.

Moaning here will not get you what you want.

I still don't get it though. We all manage to ring in our area of the south stand. Difference is my take on an atmosphere is getting behind the team not cringey stuff about girls with sti's...

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on March 13, 2014, 08:29:40 pm by KieronDRFC »
Theres not enough room in the south stand due to everyone sitting down 5 rows from the back preventing all the signings congregating together!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on March 13, 2014, 09:26:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I'll be working.

Your good with a keyboard send an email. Also people from the club are around the ground on matchday perhaps go make your point then.

Anyone who has a problem go to the meeting, send an email, letter or have a phone call with them.  Plenty of opportunity and they'll do it for you.

Moaning here will not get you what you want.

I still don't get it though. We all manage to ring in our area of the south stand. Difference is my take on an atmosphere is getting behind the team not cringey stuff about girls with sti's...

But that's the whole point BFYP, that is the start and end of what he wants.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on March 13, 2014, 09:44:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Theres not enough room in the south stand due to everyone sitting down 5 rows from the back preventing all the signings congregating together

Actually as SM has pointed out before its a "singing section" not a "standing section"

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on March 13, 2014, 10:34:07 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Most people who want to be in a singing section want to be stood up. I wish I could stand at games but that would peev the person sat in row R of South stand off.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on March 14, 2014, 01:52:42 am by drfcbenny625 »
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but would keeping fans in the singing section for 5-10 mins after the game solve the problem with the 'green street extras'. I know its not ideal but if you know before hand that you will be kept behind then you can plan accordingly in regards to travel. Keep the Kiosks open so people can get a pint (more income)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on March 14, 2014, 09:34:06 am by bobjimwilly »
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but would keeping fans in the singing section for 5-10 mins after the game solve the problem with the 'green street extras'. I know its not ideal but if you know before hand that you will be kept behind then you can plan accordingly in regards to travel. Keep the Kiosks open so people can get a pint (more income)

I would imagine that would be extremely difficult to accommodate. If you knew that was going to happen, you'd just leave 5 minutes before kickoff. In fact, I'd imagine it's unwarranted to do that with your own fans.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on March 14, 2014, 09:36:16 am by MrFrost »

I would imagine that would be extremely difficult to accommodate. If you knew that was going to happen, you'd just leave 5 minutes before kickoff. In fact, I'd imagine it's unwarranted to do that with your own fans.

Still waiting to hear some suggestions of your own...............

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on March 14, 2014, 09:50:37 am by Filo »
I'm sure plenty are waiting for you to action some of your suggestions Mr Frost. You blow plenty of hot air but baulk at actually doing something about it!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on March 14, 2014, 10:19:46 am by bobjimwilly »
Still waiting to hear some suggestions of your own...............

My answer is I don't perceive the "problem" to be as bad as some suggest, or easy to solve as writing a couple of posts on a forum. I also, believe it or not, prefer to work directly with those that can make a difference it the real world, rather than anonymous posters on an internet forum. C'est la vie

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on March 14, 2014, 12:29:41 pm by River Don »
I'm VERY disappointed with a very small section of our fans that have suddenly decided that they are extras from Green Street.

I took my 5 year old into the singing section for the Hudds game and we had a great time and didn't feel the atmosphere was intimidating at all but did notice that a very small section of our fans (around 10) were more interested in baiting the away fans and left en masse 5 mins before full time to cause trouble.

Obviously this ISN'T what the singing section is about and I hope the club identify those responsible. I'm hoping that this won't be the end of the experiment and we'll continue but a lot rests on this meeting.

I won't say it but I did try to make you aware this might happen.

We do still have the example of the Middlesborough red faction, who managed to come to an agreement with the football club and still generate a better atmosphere in a new location.

I would urge you to speak Shaun Lockwood about it. It would be a shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The atmosphere certainly has improved in recent games and we don't want to lose that.

It could be worth trying to talk to the 'green street' kids about what it is you want the singing section to be and ask them for their cooperation. You never know they might respond to that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:44:59 pm by River Don »

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on March 14, 2014, 01:00:29 pm by Iberian Red »
Yeah, fcuk it, let's forget our season ticket holders who prop up the club every season...

:suicide:
I'm sure I told you to bore off

Well done!

You won that argument with great wit and intelligence.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on March 14, 2014, 01:03:40 pm by wing commander »
  This is one of those problems I see both sides of view on and it's difficult to think of the ideal solution...On one hand its good that we have a singing section,it improves the atmosphere for all and that can only be a good thing,and as one of those singers when I was a young un in the popside I can appreciate the interest....However I also see some others point of view...When I was stood in the portacabin at Belle vue looking at the stadium plans and picking my seat,I gave it a great deal of thought as I knew as a long term s/t holder it  was a long term descision..So a few years later I would be pretty miffed if others rocked up stood up in front of me for half the match and said if I don't like it I should move because they had declared it a singing section.....Some wont mind but some with young kids may find it a problem....Not a easy one this and the club have at least tried to address the problem with the meeting....
     The one thing I will say is its time we started showing each others opinion a bit of respect....Its the same old faces upset with the same old people...In some ways the subject is immaterial,some posters seem to just take issue with points on the basis on whose made them rather than their context which isn't helpful to anybody.........

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on March 17, 2014, 11:27:15 am by SLO@DRFC »
Members of the clubs senior management would like to meet with members of the singing section next week in order to discuss the singing section. 

The meeting will take place on Wednesday 19th March, 5.30pm at the Keepmoat Stadium.  Please attend if you can.

Further to the above post, please be aware that the club has had to move the date for the above meeting to Thursday 20th March at 5.30 pm in the Restaurant in the East Stand.  Please accept clubs and our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on March 17, 2014, 12:50:54 pm by MrFrost »
Members of the clubs senior management would like to meet with members of the singing section next week in order to discuss the singing section. 

The meeting will take place on Wednesday 19th March, 5.30pm at the Keepmoat Stadium.  Please attend if you can.

Further to the above post, please be aware that the club has had to move the date for the above meeting to Thursday 20th March at 5.30 pm in the Restaurant in the East Stand.  Please accept clubs and our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

I see you cannot buy tickets in that area for the Sheffield Wednesday game, so it looks as if it certainly won't be happening this saturday.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on March 17, 2014, 01:49:07 pm by hoolahoop »
If we all thought like you we would never have any motorways or airports in this country

:saywhat:

It's called progress bjw i.e. individual sacrifice for the general good of the club.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on March 17, 2014, 07:07:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
If we all thought like you we would never have any motorways or airports in this country

:saywhat:

It's called progress bjw i.e. individual sacrifice for the general good of the club.

that's a very subjective view hoola. Let's see what is said at the meeting before commenting further.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on March 18, 2014, 11:18:20 am by wing commander »
  After reading the frankly embarrassing thread about this on the facebook site from those big rough tough little boys of the ddr (who look like a gust of wind would blow them over) ...I am now prepared to come off the fence and say the club should have nothing to do with it and make sure it doesn't happen...We need that Police money for the team,not to nurse maid little boys who think there all big and hard....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on March 18, 2014, 11:19:57 am by RedJ »
I wouldn't go that far. We do need somewhere for something like this, but as usual it just looks as though a minority of Kitsons want to ruin it for the rest by thinking they're f**king heroes.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on March 18, 2014, 11:59:52 am by MrFrost »
  After reading the frankly embarrassing thread about this on the facebook site from those big rough tough little boys of the ddr (who look like a gust of wind would blow them over) ...I am now prepared to come off the fence and say the club should have nothing to do with it and make sure it doesn't happen...We need that Police money for the team,not to nurse maid little boys who think there all big and hard....

What would you suggest to improve the non existent atmosphere?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on March 18, 2014, 12:16:44 pm by Filo »

It's not his job ;)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on March 18, 2014, 12:40:49 pm by BigColSutherland »

It's not his job ;)
I doubt he's got time for making suggestions either.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #205 on March 18, 2014, 12:45:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A few young lads and a few older ones, chanting obcenities at the opposition fans is a misrepresentation of what a singing section should be. Success of it could be measured in how many others join in.   Even then can we honestly say it improves the atmosphere? The crowd involvement is so dependant on what happens on the pitch, it's  very difficult to force an atmosphere. I expect with or without the singing section, there will be a good atmosphere on Saturday.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on March 18, 2014, 01:46:23 pm by wing commander »
    I've said before its a tough question to find a solution for...However what isn't the solution is putting people like those kids right next to the away fans when it's pretty obvious after recent events what will happen...We will lose the none police games and the money that goes with it because they cant be trusted to behave...I wouldn't expect the club to take that chance and they haven't hence the Sheff Wed and the reluctance to sell tickets in that area....

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on March 18, 2014, 01:56:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Will not having a singing section mean that those who want to go and have a scrap with opposition fans won't anymore? No

I don't see why they've banned it for those who want to go in there this Saturday as there will be a large police presence anyway due to the away following.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on March 18, 2014, 01:57:13 pm by hoolahoop »

I wish that all these lads were as soft as you would like to portray. Perhaps Donny folk are just soft or maybe you haven't been out on a friday night in town for quite some time ? Answers please......

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on March 18, 2014, 02:00:33 pm by hoolahoop »

It's not his job ;)

No you're right Filo …....it's Everyone's job.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012