Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:27:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71545 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #210 on March 18, 2014, 02:42:32 pm by Donnybax »
I think its great, put all the kitsons together so the rest of us don't have to deal with them

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on March 18, 2014, 02:53:56 pm by wing commander »
    Hoolahoop I can only comment on those who replied on the facebook thread who seemed to take pride in being DDR...their profile pics reminded me of one direction fans and most were just young boys who looked like a windy day would knock them over...They really wouldn't want to get involved with the proper misters I'm sure because frankly it would be a one punch bloodbath...
    I've known quite a few DDR lads over the years and none of them looked like that...lol

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on March 18, 2014, 02:56:07 pm by wing commander »
    They can do what they want in town...I just think the club will be very reluctant to be supportive of any ideas on this subject after they read a thread like that,which I'm sure they have....They are not helping there own case for a singing section.....

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on March 18, 2014, 03:02:17 pm by MrFrost »
It seems the club have already stated they won't sell tickets to anyone in that area of the stadium for the rest of the season.

Everyone who wants the singing section to be there ought to buy their season tickets on that area for next season. There would be little the club do then. Unless they wanted to piss plenty of people off.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on March 18, 2014, 03:12:50 pm by wing commander »
   To be fair I cant blame them really...The club have worked hard to get the Police bill down but incidents like Huddersfield wont help their case one bit...Some of them seem quite happy to want to meet there own fellow fans for a ruck so would the club really want them next to the oppositions..no of course they wouldn't...Obviousley they represent only a small minority of fans who want the singing section but a few bad apples always spoil the Barrell...Its the guys who took part in the experiment for all the right reasons who I feel sorry for because once again the mindless few spoil it for everyone else....

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on March 18, 2014, 03:17:08 pm by MrFrost »
   To be fair I cant blame them really...The club have worked hard to get the Police bill down but incidents like Huddersfield wont help their case one bit...Some of them seem quite happy to want to meet there own fellow fans for a ruck so would the club really want them next to the oppositions..no of course they wouldn't...Obviousley they represent only a small minority of fans who want the singing section but a few bad apples always spoil the Barrell...Its the guys who took part in the experiment for all the right reasons who I feel sorry for because once again the mindless few spoil it for everyone else....

The incidents were a flash in the pan. Nothing more and I've heard of far worse happening on match days. It's an excuse for them to ditch it pure and simple.

Ahh just read as well no new season tickets will be sold in that area either so it appears they've drastically reduced the number of cat c season tickets available. Bravo.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on March 18, 2014, 03:21:30 pm by wing commander »
   I can see were your coming from MrFrost and your right they are just sporadic acts of cowardice....And in the old days their would be a lot worse happening on a average Saturday afternoon...However why should the club take the chance??What do they have to gain?? To the club the risks outweigh the benefits and I can understand that point of view too

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on March 18, 2014, 03:43:52 pm by RJHeader »
I sat in the NW corner for the Barnsley game. Thought the atmosphere was brilliant. Went back to sit in the South for the Huddersfield/Watford games and i reckon i can count on one hand the amount of songs from the South. Absolutely awful.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on March 18, 2014, 04:43:11 pm by Tokyos Boot »

The incidents were a flash in the pan. Nothing more and I've heard of far worse happening on match days. It's an excuse for them to ditch it pure and simple.

Ahh just read as well no new season tickets will be sold in that area either so it appears they've drastically reduced the number of cat c season tickets available. Bravo.

Top post MrFrost, you're right!!
The club are using an isolated, outside of the stadium incident by a very small group of idiots to pin a well banded around stereotype onto a project dreamt up by a larger group of positive and pro-active people who are trying to create a bit of an atmosphere around the place!

I think the way the club are going about this will be a nail in the coffin of our hopes of having any continual  atmosphere in the KMS, the club, the stewards, the 'policing budget' and a lot of the more pedantic season ticket holders just don't seem to be willing to accommodate it.

They should do a match-day experience survey amongst KMS visitors, if they could mark a simple 'atmosphere' 1-10 mark on their way out how do you think we'd score? 1, maybe 2 at a push?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on March 18, 2014, 05:25:06 pm by BigColSutherland »
Chucking a flare back at the Barnsley fans probably wasn't very clever.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on March 18, 2014, 05:29:38 pm by Filo »

The club are using an isolated, outside of the stadium incident by a very small group of idiots to pin a well banded around stereotype onto a project dreamt up by a larger group of positive and pro-active people who are trying to create a bit of an atmosphere around the place!

I think the way the club are going about this will be a nail in the coffin of our hopes of having any continual  atmosphere in the KMS, the club, the stewards, the 'policing budget' and a lot of the more pedantic season ticket holders just don't seem to be willing to accommodate it.

They should do a match-day experience survey amongst KMS visitors, if they could mark a simple 'atmosphere' 1-10 mark on their way out how do you think we'd score? 1, maybe 2 at a push?

Will you be attending the meeting to air your concerns?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on March 18, 2014, 05:31:00 pm by knockers »
Where were they meant to throw it? If it lands at your feet it goes back in the direction it came from.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on March 18, 2014, 05:33:05 pm by MrFrost »

It's all you can contribute isn't Filo? Trying to point score over those who might not be able to attend.

Oh and with some brilliant foresight, the club announced the meeting just to push it back a day.

Pathetic. They've lost 3 potential season ticket sales from me and a couple of others with this farce, as that's where we wanted to sit. We've decided we will go to away games instead.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on March 18, 2014, 05:34:01 pm by BigColSutherland »
Where were they meant to throw it? If it lands at your feet it goes back in the direction it came from.
How about don't throw it anywhere?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on March 18, 2014, 06:07:04 pm by colincramb »
Pathetic, that's irony considering you will now not buy a ST because you can't sit in a small slither of the ground! Is it really that important that you aren't willing to sit elsewhere!?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on March 18, 2014, 06:10:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Do you think the police thought it was just a 'flash in the pan' or an ongoing problem that has to be continually monitored in case of more 'flashes in the pan'?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on March 18, 2014, 06:12:46 pm by MrFrost »
Pathetic, that's irony considering you will now not buy a ST because you can't sit in a small slither of the ground! Is it really that important that you aren't willing to sit elsewhere!?
ames

It's not just that. It's the clubs attitude, the experience of the Keepmoat as a whole. I much prefer away games, but thought the singing section would be a way to try and breath a bit of life into the place.

I'm not the only one in that mindset either.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on March 18, 2014, 06:21:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There's always an excuse with Mr frost isn't there? You could probably right a book with them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on March 18, 2014, 06:29:32 pm by Filo »

It's all you can contribute isn't Filo? Trying to point score over those who might not be able to attend.

Oh and with some brilliant foresight, the club announced the meeting just to push it back a day.

Pathetic. They've lost 3 potential season ticket sales from me and a couple of others with this farce, as that's where we wanted to sit. We've decided we will go to away games instead.

Thats about 15 season tickets you've threatened not to buy for one reason or another over the last couple of seasons!

I'm genuinely interested to see how far the most vociferous are prepared to go, beyond venting a lot of hot air over the internet

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on March 18, 2014, 06:48:11 pm by BigColSutherland »
There's always an excuse with Mr frost isn't there? You could probably right a book with them.
Unfair.
Frosty has sent a 4 page email to the club, full of ideas.

The fact emails don't come in pages, the club never got it, he hasn't got time for sharing ideas anyway, it's not his job to come up with ideas and all the ideas he's shared on here have been tried, failed or discounted by professionals is neither here nor there.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on March 18, 2014, 06:55:21 pm by MrFrost »
Unfair.
Frosty has sent a 4 page email to the club, full of ideas.

The fact emails don't come in pages, the club never got it, he hasn't got time for sharing ideas anyway, it's not his job to come up with ideas and all the ideas he's shared on here have been tried, failed or discounted by professionals is neither here nor there.

So i'm not a professional? Okay.
Like I said, i'm not the only one with this mindset. If the club are happy to lose money because they want to turn the place into a morgue that's fine by me. I'll enjoy the away games I go to.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on March 18, 2014, 07:13:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Do you think the police thought it was just a 'flash in the pan' or an ongoing problem that has to be continually monitored in case of more 'flashes in the pan'?

Just in case Mr Frost has missed it, I'll point it out to him again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on March 18, 2014, 07:32:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If the police got to the core of the problem and weeded out the bad apples, the well intentioned fans could continue with their efforts to improve the Keepmoat atmosphere.

Nottingham Forest surround the away fans with their supporters  close to the right of them, AND above them! Does this mean that their fans are better behaved than ours? Does this mean the Notts police are better at crowd control than ours?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on March 18, 2014, 07:37:03 pm by Nudga »
Apparently "the usual VSC suspects" are all Kitsons, that's what it says on their FB page so it must true. f**kin pricks still want to come on here though, two faced w**kers.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on March 18, 2014, 07:58:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some of the hogwash on this thread just makes you wonder. Unless I've missed something....

1. Has the club said it wants to kill the singing section stone dead?
2. Has the club said it wants to prevent good atmospheres evolving?
3. Has the club taken action to nip in the bud unruly behaviour to ensure
   the enjoyment of others are not compromised?
4. Has the club also taken action to progress things by holding a meeting
   for all interested parties?

Isn't the above totally reasonable?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on March 18, 2014, 08:03:15 pm by MrFrost »
Donnybaz they have said they won't sell in that area for the rest of season and won't allow new season ticket holders in that area which by coincidence is where half the category c season tickets are.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on March 18, 2014, 08:05:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Some of the hogwash on this thread just makes you wonder. Unless I've missed something....

1. Has the club said it wants to kill the singing section stone dead?
2. Has the club said it wants to prevent good atmospheres evolving?
3. Has the club taken action to nip in the bud unruly behaviour to ensure
   the enjoyment of others are not compromised?
4. Has the club also taken action to progress things by holding a meeting
   for all interested parties?

Isn't the above totally reasonable?

Question 3. If the answer to this is yes, why is the section still closed to people wishing to but tickets there?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on March 18, 2014, 08:09:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
May be they wish to keep things as they are until any developments come from the meeting on Thursday.

Shaun indicated to me they we're close to selling out of Cat C seats for next season. Could that be a reason they are not selling any more? 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on March 18, 2014, 08:13:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Question 3. If the answer to this is yes, why is the section still closed to people wishing to but tickets there?

I don't know BB. Maybe they have frozen sales in that area as preventative measure until they have had this meeting.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on March 18, 2014, 08:23:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If someone started swearing and using threatening behaviour in a pub, would you;

1)   Bar the person from the premises.
2)   Tell him to sit somewhere else.
3)   Declare the table he was sat at out of bounds for future patrons.

Of course the obvious answer is (or should be!) number one. Number 2 simply moves the trouble to a different part of the pub, and number 3 just reduces the capacity of the pub.

I think it’s common sense really.......

TinyPortal © 2005-2012