Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:05:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71628 times)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #270 on March 19, 2014, 11:37:48 am by Tokyos Boot »
Look, i've got nothing against season ticket holders, us gaining a mass of season ticket holders, and fans that don't share the joys of standing up and singing - its all horses for courses and subject to situation... we're all a different beast, we all pay our money, and are all as valid.

I've said before, and i'll say it again, if the lads in this singing section aren't actually committing any crimes, to sanction the whole idea because of 'intimidating' behaviour is pathetic... we are by no means a bad club for trouble, and if we are employing stewards to deal with trouble what is the gripe with them having to do their jobs for once?

My pop is at the people who seem to think theres 'no place' for that sort of supporter because of their cultural and behavioural differences. They pay their money, they should be considered and provided for too!

We'll see how much regard the club holds these supporters in at this meeting tonight won't we.

And the simple answer Col is - because the sound doesn't travel like it did from the middle of the Pop to the away end!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on March 19, 2014, 11:43:22 am by StickToTheRules_61 »
For those who don't want it in the North West. Can you tell me an alternative place for it please?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on March 19, 2014, 11:43:51 am by BigColSutherland »
Ah the famous Belle Vue acoustics.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on March 19, 2014, 11:45:39 am by Filo »

We'll see how much regard the club holds these supporters in at this meeting tonight won't we

Hasn't the meeting been put back to tomorrow?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on March 19, 2014, 11:45:46 am by River Don »
Plus, i said culturally, not financially. (even though i believe they are that too)...

We won't appeal to the next culture of youngsters unless we give them something worth paying to go do every saturday - and the fact of the matter is, the football alone isn't what gets teens going to these matches!
Its the 'banter'... the chance to do something with all their mates, to have a laugh, to take the piss, to act a bit naughty and to get a buzz off of feeling a part of an army of supporters, beating their chest and holding the mast high!

If we aren't going to provide that at the KMS then we will continue to see them fall by the wayside and support clubs like Leeds and Wendies who have demonstrated a bit more leniancy when it comes to football lads culture!

Its no coincidence our away following is pound for pound miles more popular than our home, it is because it allows people a taste of what its like to be allowed to support your club loud and proud without being scoffed at or treat like an animal.

The Rovers must strive to accommodate all supporters.

Young families have their requirements, older supporters theirs. The youthful supporters are a vital ingredient because they are the ones who tend to generate the atmosphere. That is part of the match day entertainment and that has a value to the club. What the club can't be doing with is paying out for a larger police presence than they need to.

But I do think the club should endeavour to accommodate and encourage a singers section.

I just think it's in the wrong place, I always have.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on March 19, 2014, 11:49:03 am by BigColSutherland »
For those who don't want it in the North West. Can you tell me an alternative place for it please?
First few rows of the South Stand. Lots of room there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on March 19, 2014, 11:52:18 am by RedJ »

But you can't act like a hero that far away from the away fans. :(

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on March 19, 2014, 11:54:12 am by Tokyos Boot »
Welcome to football club supporting, lesson one:

Put down your petitions and polls, stand up and follow the lead:

It works like this:

Fans chant a bit of support for their team pre match, a few players names etc.

Away fans chant an insult a few mins in - e.g. "empty seats, everywhere"..."i wanna go home" etc.
Home fans respond - "Yorkshire, yorkshire" "Its nice to know your here etc."

Throw in a bit of regional banter, the odd funny chant about a fat fan or another social commentary, the odd game related chant etc. Etc.

They chant directed at you, you chant in response or vice versa.

Stick the singing fans as far away from the away fans and the noise has proven it doesnt travel and all you get is the odd in game 'come on you reds' on corners and the pre match stuff. Cue criticism for terrible atmosphere, away fans leave having not heard any chants, and had none of the fun interaction they paid and travelled for!

I feel like we're going round in circles here.  :headbang:

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on March 19, 2014, 11:56:32 am by StickToTheRules_61 »

But you can't act like a hero that far away from the away fans. :(

Same reason as below. Anywhere else you could suggest for this singing section?

The club seem to manage having away fans in the mirror opposite corner of the stadium don't they?

The STH's above them will constantly tell them to sit down though? Which is their right, of course! Extremely difficult to create an atmosphere sat down wouldn't you agree?

Any other places?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on March 19, 2014, 11:58:54 am by BigColSutherland »
What's odd is if I sit in the South Stand I can hear the away fans, even if there's not many of them.

Maybe we have our very own Fremantle Doctor or Mistral in Doncaster?

KnottingleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on March 19, 2014, 12:24:07 pm by KnottingleyRover »
Why not keep the singing section in the N/W corner & restrict the away fans by means of covering a section of seats with the black cloth they use in the away end corner? To therefore create a nuetral zone,fans could still have the banter but it would reduce the risk of objects,plastic bottles,coins been thrown in either direction.I am aware this would reduce income for the club for the games against Boro,Leeds & Wednesday but for Barnsley,Huddersfield,Leicester etc...we could give them 75% behind the goal(north stand)plus the section of the east we already give to clubs with the larger following.This may also reduce the need for extra policing inside the stadium,a row of stewards either side of the cloth?
Not an easy one for the club to try & keep everyone happy, season ticket holders,those who want to sing ,the next generation of fans & the police.

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on March 19, 2014, 12:33:37 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »
Why not keep the singing section in the N/W corner & restrict the away fans by means of covering a section of seats with the black cloth they use in the away end corner? To therefore create a nuetral zone,fans could still have the banter but it would reduce the risk of objects,plastic bottles,coins been thrown in either direction.I am aware this would reduce income for the club for the games against Boro,Leeds & Wednesday but for Barnsley,Huddersfield,Leicester etc...we could give them 75% behind the goal(north stand)plus the section of the east we already give to clubs with the larger following.This may also reduce the need for extra policing inside the stadium,a row of stewards either side of the cloth?
Not an easy one for the club to try & keep everyone happy, season ticket holders,those who want to sing ,the next generation of fans & the police.

Great idea! I actually think that's the best way to do it.

I reckon that i workable. I wonder how many times this season away fans have actually sold 75% or more of the away end?

A lot of those in the singing section have come from the top of the south stand, so could possibly shift 2 or 3 more stewards over from the south stand, to the NW too. Pretty easy to spot the small minority of trouble makers and ban them/move them over time, which will then leave the ones who can behave themselves to create an atmosphere without the club sweating over a potential 'kick off' all the time.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on March 19, 2014, 01:06:12 pm by River Don »
It's unfortunate that the North West corner happens to be the only corner of the stadium which isn't divided by the natural barrier of a gateway tunnel.

In a few respects the stadium has been designed the wrong way around. It would have been better if the boxes were at the back of the west, to avoid low sun and the west stand could have been made a bit bigger.

The tunnel entrances would have been better in both corners of the North stand to create a natural barrier on either side.

The south stand would have been better for home supporters without the tunnels to create larger corner sections and not divide the home support.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:11:30 pm by River Don »

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on March 19, 2014, 01:07:37 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »
How many off of here are going to the meeting?

Tomorrow 5:30 East Stand Restaurant - Just to remind those that are thinking of coming!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on March 19, 2014, 01:11:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
a couple of good suggestions above. I doubt the club would choose to block off more away seats in the north west corner that they make available for a singing section however.

I think this whole situation is a storm in a tea-cup tbh, and I really don't understand where this thread of us losing fans all of a sudden is coming from? We've been at the keepmoat for 7 years now. Where did all the singers sits before? Why would they watch the Rovers for all these years at home, to then jack it all in because they can't sit (in big numbers) close to the away end?

I also echo the statement above about hearing the North stand from the south east corner; if away fans can make that much noise, in such small numbers sometimes, why can't the "singers" make the same noise from the South Stand?

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on March 19, 2014, 01:25:38 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »
a couple of good suggestions above. I doubt the club would choose to block off more away seats in the north west corner that they make available for a singing section however.

I think this whole situation is a storm in a tea-cup tbh, and I really don't understand where this thread of us losing fans all of a sudden is coming from? We've been at the keepmoat for 7 years now. Where did all the singers sits before? Why would they watch the Rovers for all these years at home, to then jack it all in because they can't sit (in big numbers) close to the away end?

I also echo the statement above about hearing the North stand from the south east corner; if away fans can make that much noise, in such small numbers sometimes, why can't the "singers" make the same noise from the South Stand?

People stopping/contemplating not going is not just about this singing section, but everything before it. The atmosphere has been AWFUL for years and there comes a time when enough is enough for some. Some probably see this as a last chance.

As for your point about away fans not having trouble with creating noise from behind the goal - The simple answer is because it's an away crowd. They are all grouped together and naturally it's mainly the more vocal supporters, who travel away.

The south stand you are all split up into little pockets so it's difficult. Having it in the South Stand causes the most disruption to fellow home fans due to the amount of STH/regular's in that section who are set in their ways (not a dig, it's their right).

The North West looks to me like it causes the least disruption with moving people etc. the fact away fans are closer is secondary and a welcome bonus imo... Surely having 2 sets of fans close together (but not close enough to trade blows) is a good thing? Both will feed off each other which makes the atmosphere even better!

The keepmoat stadium to a lot i speak to, doesn't feel like home, so let's make the North West section a sort of 'away game experience' for home fans?

As i said earlier, the trouble makers are few and they'll soon either integrate with the rest and behave, or be f*cked off from singing section.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on March 19, 2014, 01:28:35 pm by BigColSutherland »
Surely having 2 sets of fans close together (but not close enough to trade blows) is a good thing?

Just close enough to chuck things at each other?

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on March 19, 2014, 01:33:54 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »
Surely having 2 sets of fans close together (but not close enough to trade blows) is a good thing?

As i said at the end of that post "the trouble makers are few and they'll soon either integrate with the rest and behave, or be f*cked off from singing section."

I'm off to the meeting tomorrow and have a few suggestions for the club in how it can be policed better by the club/stewards and by the fans ourselves.

Just because one incident happened, doesn't mean it's going to be the norm, nor does it mean it should be squashed or moved because of it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on March 19, 2014, 01:35:44 pm by MrFrost »

Funny, I never saw the club or Police make such a big deal of things when our fans and Milwall fans were brawling in the corner a few years ago.
Or against Leeds in the cup this year when there were fights breaking out, coins being lobbed etc. Mind you, it wasn't a designated singing section then.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on March 19, 2014, 01:49:01 pm by dknward2 »
Could a net not be installed that drops from the roof to the steps so sound can travel though and can be seen through but if something is thrown ie flare smoke bomb etc then it will stay on the side that it came from

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on March 19, 2014, 02:33:28 pm by BigColSutherland »

Funny, I never saw the club or Police make such a big deal of things when our fans and Milwall fans were brawling in the corner a few years ago.

"Fourteen Millwall supporters appeared at Doncaster Magistrates Court last Thursday following incidents which occurred at the Keepmoat Stadium on the opening day of the season. All had been charge with affray, with 13 men and one woman being identified from CCTV recordings taken by the stadium.
Six people received 80 hours community service each, were ordered to pay £50 in costs - and they each received a three-year football banning order. They are prevented from attending any football match during that time, and must surrender their passport for the time of all England away games.
Four were bailed for pre-sentence reports and will report to local courts in South London on 14th February.
Three men and one woman pleaded not guilty and their trial has been scheduled at Doncaster Magistrates Courty for 1st April.
PC Andy Baker said, “We have worked closely with our colleagues in the Metropolitan Police to bring to justice the people who caused disorder at the Millwall football match on the 11 August at the Keepmoat Stadium. Doncaster Police will not tolerate this type of behaviour and treat such incidents seriously.”

No, police didn't do anything did they Frosty? Your ignorance is without limits.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on March 19, 2014, 02:40:22 pm by MrFrost »

"Fourteen Millwall supporters appeared at Doncaster Magistrates Court last Thursday following incidents which occurred at the Keepmoat Stadium on the opening day of the season. All had been charge with affray, with 13 men and one woman being identified from CCTV recordings taken by the stadium.
Six people received 80 hours community service each, were ordered to pay £50 in costs - and they each received a three-year football banning order. They are prevented from attending any football match during that time, and must surrender their passport for the time of all England away games.
Four were bailed for pre-sentence reports and will report to local courts in South London on 14th February.
Three men and one woman pleaded not guilty and their trial has been scheduled at Doncaster Magistrates Courty for 1st April.
PC Andy Baker said, “We have worked closely with our colleagues in the Metropolitan Police to bring to justice the people who caused disorder at the Millwall football match on the 11 August at the Keepmoat Stadium. Doncaster Police will not tolerate this type of behaviour and treat such incidents seriously.”

No, police didn't do anything did they Frosty? Your ignorance is without limits.

You miss the point, as usual.
The police or club didn't insist that area of the stadium be unavailable for ticket purchases did they?
Do i really have to explain the obvious to you or are you just being deliberately pedantic?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on March 19, 2014, 02:52:32 pm by BigColSutherland »
I haven't missed the point Frosty, because there is only one point, which your posts make over and over and over again, year after year after year, and it's always the same point.

The point is you have got nothing, nothing at all to contribute towards the club or this forum. You have been presented with the opportunity to enter, directly, into a dialogue with the representatives of an elite level football club, owned by individuals collectively worth close to £1 billion. They have offered you that opportunity. An opportunity where they give up their time so you can share your "ideas", ideas you've sat on for the last five years.

This opportunity has been arranged for you by individuals who give up their own time to try to move the club forward, to try and put actions into place, a task that brings with it little or no reward, but plenty of aggravation.

And what do you say in return?

"It's not my job. I haven't got time."

That will be your f**king epitaph.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on March 19, 2014, 03:27:59 pm by MrFrost »
I haven't missed the point Frosty, because there is only one point, which your posts make over and over and over again, year after year after year, and it's always the same point.

The point is you have got nothing, nothing at all to contribute towards the club or this forum. You have been presented with the opportunity to enter, directly, into a dialogue with the representatives of an elite level football club, owned by individuals collectively worth close to £1 billion. They have offered you that opportunity. An opportunity where they give up their time so you can share your "ideas", ideas you've sat on for the last five years.

This opportunity has been arranged for you by individuals who give up their own time to try to move the club forward, to try and put actions into place, a task that brings with it little or no reward, but plenty of aggravation.

And what do you say in return?

"It's not my job. I haven't got time."

That will be your f***ing epitaph.

You have missed the point.  And your ramblings prove it.

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on March 19, 2014, 04:16:56 pm by Forum Admin »
Can I suggest that anyone who has issues with another member should take those issues elsewhere.

Any further posts on this thread that are simply attacking other members will be removed & if it carries on going the way that it is, the thread will be locked.

Play nicely or not at all.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on March 19, 2014, 04:31:11 pm by River Don »
Can I suggest that anyone who has issues with another member should take those issues elsewhere.

Any further posts on this thread that are simply attacking other members will be removed & if it carries on going the way that it is, the thread will be locked.

Play nicely or not at all.

Perhaps they should take it 'outside'?

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on March 20, 2014, 11:55:04 am by StickToTheRules_61 »
Bump! Just to remind anyone who wants to attend.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on March 20, 2014, 04:26:45 pm by idler »

You miss the point, as usual.
The police or club didn't insist that area of the stadium be unavailable for ticket purchases did they?
Do i really have to explain the obvious to you or are you just being deliberately pedantic?
Hadn't we had bigger crowds before without any trouble though?
I'm sure that if we had kept some seats empty for that game without having had any previous confrontations you wouldn't have complained.  ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on March 20, 2014, 07:08:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So what was the outcome?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #299 on March 20, 2014, 07:16:59 pm by MrFrost »
From what i've been told, not a great deal.
However Sheff Wednesday fans are freely being able to buy tickets in the home end, Rovers fans are being denied their usual seats in the West Stand.

Pathetic.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012