Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:51:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman  (Read 5620 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Furman
« on February 15, 2014, 05:34:06 pm by Filo »
Not good enough, L1 player at best, can't control a ball to save his life!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Furman
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2014, 05:35:46 pm by GazLaz »
Not been today as I'm on holiday but this doesn't surprise me. Him and Keegan should never play together. Least Richie is back now.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2014, 05:36:50 pm by Dare to dream! »
Im usually slating Furman but i thought he did okay today.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2014, 05:37:35 pm by Prez »
I actually thought he did alright today, that said we lost the ball in the middle of the park that led to there second goal,

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2014, 05:44:09 pm by dknward2 »
It was one of his best games for a long time and still wasnt great thank god wellens is back

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2014, 06:10:48 pm by Big MAC »
After we scored the second he was like a little lad playing against grown men. He was dispossessed for fun by the Barnsley players. Might be ok when we are on the front foot but poor when we are under the cosh.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2014, 06:43:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Furman was fine today, he's come in and people are expecting him to be the playmaker that Wellens is, which he isn't. Better than he has been for ages today, combatted well in midfield.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2014, 06:48:20 pm by MrFrost »
Thought he was very poor. As too was Duffy. I wonder what De Val has to do to get his chance.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2014, 06:52:00 pm by dknward2 »
Think if the injury hadn't have happened duff or furman would have been off earlier

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2014, 06:56:01 pm by mushRTID »
I just dont rate him unfortunately, was poor again today.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2014, 06:59:15 pm by TheFunk »
 I thought Duffy was their best player today he was that bad.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2014, 07:00:34 pm by mushRTID »
I thought Duffy was their best player today he was that bad.

their left back read him like a book. And not a very good one.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2014, 07:12:10 pm by goalkick »
Problems midfield today kept  getting dispossessed easily.keegan and Furman just don't go well together.lot of pressure put on defence if you don't take control.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2014, 07:19:53 pm by roversdude »
Thought Furman did ok today tbh
Can someone shed any light on Tamas is he not fit or very slow (will add that his reading of the game makes up for this though and is not meant as criticism)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2014, 07:30:01 pm by Spud »
 Don't get the constant analysis of Furman. He is what he is, brings a lot of energy & pressing to the midfield without having too much quality on the ball.
Duffy I thought was excellent for the first 20 minutes, then their right back got the better of him a couple of times & he lost his confidence,  the ever positive crowd really helped him out then   :headbang:

DRFC17

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2014, 07:33:31 pm by DRFC17 »
Think he's a good athlete, has a decent set of legs on him and can run and run and run. He's not terrible, but when on the ball I think we have better options. Would've liked to have seen De Val today.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2014, 07:36:17 pm by bobjimwilly »
duffy had a poor game by his standards, and I think we're spoiled by Wellens when he plays, so when Furman plays he just looks poorer. That said, I would rather have both of them over Woods any day of the week.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2014, 07:36:51 pm by StocksArmy »
I thought every player did well today. My fault (for once) lies with Dickov.  His decision to bring Cotterill on was more than questionable. I thought we lost all shape in midfield. The most logical sub for me was go like for like and bring on either Forrester or Peters on. While I'm on Cotterill can I just say if the club is looking for transport to take him away from the KM ill gladly oblige.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2014, 08:01:33 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Personally thought Furman was pretty good today. I thought Keegan was poor.
To be honest, I don't think either of them is half the player they are when Richie Wellens is playing.
They reckon one man doesn't make a team, but in reckon Richie makes ours

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2014, 09:07:02 pm by Donnyrovers »
I thought Furman improved today but I don't rate him at all and championship level is beyond him. Even when Furman is alongside Wellens he just runs around like an headless chicken giving fouls always.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2014, 09:11:33 pm by mrfrostsdad »
He was sure better than Keegan today, IMO obviously. And a million miles better than Duffy

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2014, 09:23:19 pm by andysly »
I thought Furman was a great addition last year, but he just seems in a panic every time he receives the ball now.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2014, 10:32:24 pm by pib »
He was much better played further forward IMO. But that way, we wouldn't even need him because he's hardly going to get in front of Copps, Forrester etc. etc.

I think he's a trier but it's not necessarily his fault if he's asked to play the same role as Wellens and then doesn't look as good. I suspect that we'd probably say the same things about Spanish Marc if he was asked to step into Richie's boots.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2014, 11:46:34 pm by RobTheRover »
When Bowery went off it was clear we needed to keep hold of the ball better.  It was like it was red hot and no one wanted to hang on to it.  I was actually suggesting a double substitution to my mate - Bowery and Furman off, Cotts and De Val on.  Cotts on the left, Copps in the hole, Duffy on the right, De Val and Keegan sitting.

Still cant quite figure out why Cotts as an attacking CM seemed to be what Dickov did.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2014, 11:52:13 pm by Dare to dream! »
Still cant quite figure out why Cotts as an attacking CM seemed to be what Dickov did.

Came on as an AMC but then switched with Duffy. It's clear Cotts isn't comfortable in that position, Copps or Duffy should have gone in there to start with. Hopefully Dickov will learn.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 16, 2014, 12:05:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
duffy had a poor game by his standards, and I think we're spoiled by Wellens when he plays, so when Furman plays he just looks poorer. That said, I would rather have both of them over Woods any day of the week.

Radio Sheffield were raving about Duffy today Bob,the way there were talking he was the ''Man of the Match'',you notice time and again how they're opinions differ from the supporters,it just shows there's nothing better than seeing the game yourself.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 16, 2014, 12:40:49 am by Spud »
Or maybe they're judging him from a neutral point of view whereas we're seeing him week in week out and judging him by the bar he's set.
He's been outstanding lately, not so today but he wasn't as bad as some are making out, Kyle back anyone?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 16, 2014, 12:44:23 am by Viking Don »
Don't think anyone covered themselves with glory today, two poor teams out there, Barnsley are down for sure, utter rubbish and we were only marginally better. A draw was a fair result in the end.

Getting sick of minutes applause/silence too.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #28 on February 16, 2014, 12:44:39 am by DRFC MYERS »
Furman isn't good enough.. L1 max fact

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 16, 2014, 08:04:31 am by colincramb »
Furman isn't good enough at all in my opinion. De val must be really bad/constantly injured to not get a look in over him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012