Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:54:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 - Totally Useless

Author Topic: Rovers v Barnsley- 15/02/14- Andy D'Urso  (Read 2692 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Barnsley- 15/02/14- Andy D'Urso
« on February 10, 2014, 06:23:37 pm by The Red Baron »
Doncaster Rovers FC (First Team) v Barnsley FC (First Team)
Football League Championship
Referee: D'Urso, Andy
Assistants: Barratt, Wayne & Clayton, Alan
4th official: Madley, Andrew

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Barnsley- 15/02/14- Andy D'Urso
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2014, 05:41:32 pm by Filo »
Only a lack of a minus option prevents me from giving a minus, missed a stonewall penalty right under his nose, and the West Stand lino was embarrassing

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2014, 05:46:43 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I've given him a 1 for turning up on time

Serring

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2014, 06:08:20 pm by Serring »
Only a lack of a minus option prevents me from giving a minus, missed a stonewall penalty right under his nose, and the West Stand lino was embarrassing
Absolutely spot on re the Ref and West Stand Lino. Laurel and Hardy could have done better.
Add in the East Stand Lino and it was like watching Curly, Larry and Mo.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2014, 06:18:56 pm by Spankster »
I have always tried to be fair to the refs and he was falling at the time of the penalty shout, but he was rubbish, how many times did copps have to be fouled in the first half before he got a free kick, even then it was the west stand lino that gave it.

Worst ref of the season imo

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2014, 06:37:51 pm by jonnydog »
Shockingly shite - 0 from me for both the red AND west lino

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2014, 07:50:56 pm by donnygav93 »
typical performance from Andy "everyone has come to watch me" D'Urso

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2014, 11:21:05 am by The Red Baron »
For an "experienced" referee that was a dreadful display. He didn't give one of the clearest penalties I've ever seen and then seemed to me to "level things up" by disallowing what looked a perfectly good goal by Barnsley. There was also that moment in the second half when Duffy was lining up to shoot and he pulled play back for a free kick for Rovers.

The West Stand lino could not keep up with play and as a result missed several offsides- thankfully none of them critical. The other one made what looked a number of questionable calls on offside, but was at least prepared to assist by flagging for obvious fouls in his area.

After that display, D'Urso should consider hanging up his whistle.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2014, 01:29:29 pm by CusworthRovers »
He got his positioning all wrong on that corner. He was in the way and he was way to slow to realise it. He tried to rectify it and we paid for it, massively

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2014, 03:39:19 pm by LincsRover »
I have given some terrible refs a point or two this season with the full knowledge that at some point in the season someone would put in such an incompetent, inept and inconsistent performance that I wanted to reserve the zero option just for them. And I also didn't want to give zero points in a loss, as that would make me feel as if there was an element of sour grapes in my scoring.

So Mr D'Urso, you are my first, and hopefully my only zero of the season! Sir, you were abysmal! I was embarrassed for you as you were just as bad for Barnsley as you were for us - I won't go into details as many have commented about obvious penalties, good goals disallowed, fouls missed, incorrect positioning...... You name it, you did it! I watched a Lincolnshire Sunday league game this morning, and the ref there was far better, far more consistent, far fitter and still sh*t!

Time for you to retire Mr D'Urso - stop embarrassing yourself and go back to your day job, I don't know what it is but you must be better at it than you are a referee or you'd have been sacked years ago, I know I would if I was as bad at my job! Don't ever again officiate for my beloved Rovers, and ruin a good old local derby between two teams fighting for their lives. And please don't keep your hand in by doing Sunday league in your spare time - nobody deserves to have you in charge......NOBODY!

So enjoy your armchair, pipe and slippers, and never, ever, come back!

:facepalm: :suicide: :boxing:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:42:41 pm by LincsRover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2014, 07:18:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My first 0 of the season. Just awful.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012