Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:39:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Job in UK  (Read 35092 times)

balbyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Job in UK
« Reply #210 on April 09, 2017, 12:17:21 pm by balbyrover »
I know it's a gamble but as said before on the thread DMC your best chance of getting a job will be to actually save some cash and fly over and apply over here.
I'd imagine your chances of getting a offer whilst applying from Romania are quite slim to be honest.
Best of luck though,hope it all works out as you seem a great bloke.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on April 09, 2017, 01:19:18 pm by DevilMayCry »
I know it's a gamble but as said before on the thread DMC your best chance of getting a job will be to actually save some cash and fly over and apply over here.
I'd imagine your chances of getting a offer whilst applying from Romania are quite slim to be honest.
Best of luck though,hope it all works out as you seem a great bloke.
I agree with you, and that's why every month I put some money aside. Here I earn 350 euros/month (300 pounds/month), and obviously I cannot put all the money aside. ...I know being there I will have a better chance to find a job. But with Brexit I have to wait o little while to see what happens, and that's why I tried my chance applying online at some job offers...I didn't lose anything trying while I'm waiting to see if it will be okay as a foreigner.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:27:17 pm by DevilMayCry »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on April 11, 2017, 07:04:56 pm by Draytonian III »
Your best chance of getting a good job over here is being based here and signing up with a few agencies, I've been working a Romanian bloke today and he can hardly speak any English, but give him his due he got stuck in and kept himself busy . Also when you've got your foot in the door it's easier to move forward

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on April 26, 2017, 07:45:45 pm by Sprotyrover »
Amazon recruiting like mad for their new Million square for warehouse.atAmazon.recruiting

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on August 09, 2017, 12:40:52 pm by DevilMayCry »
Hello.

Finally, I managed to have at least 2000 pounds, the money I thought I would need to return in UK. I waited for the elections to end, to see how many chances would be for a soft Brexit.

As many of you know, my wish is to return there, and I want to be in Doncaster. I think I have the money to live 2 months without a job (rent, food etc) and in that time to search for a job.

To have a better chance I legally translated my diplomas (university and master's degree) in english, I also have the national insurance number.

I wanted to ask if would be okay for a foreigner to come there now...I searched a lot on internet, in the last few days, and I read some news that some companies are avoiding to hire foreigners.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on August 09, 2017, 01:25:33 pm by RedJ »
You're legally allowed to work here, send your CV in to recruitment agencies is your best bet.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on August 09, 2017, 01:49:51 pm by MrFrost »
Hello.

Finally, I managed to have at least 2000 pounds, the money I thought I would need to return in UK. I waited for the elections to end, to see how many chances would be for a soft Brexit.

As many of you know, my wish is to return there, and I want to be in Doncaster. I think I have the money to live 2 months without a job (rent, food etc) and in that time to search for a job.

To have a better chance I legally translated my diplomas (university and master's degree) in english, I also have the national insurance number.

I wanted to ask if would be okay for a foreigner to come there now...I searched a lot on internet, in the last few days, and I read some news that some companies are avoiding to hire foreigners.

What line of work are you looking for?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on August 09, 2017, 02:38:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Legally you're fine to work here. Obviously like you've had before you'll find it easier to get a job in the UK when you're here but if you're not then they may have reservations. The only reason companies may have reservations about hiring someone foreign is with Brexit coming up. If you get here and get yourself a job I'm sure you'll be fine.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on August 09, 2017, 03:10:27 pm by DevilMayCry »
What line of work are you looking for?
I would prefer in sales, because I gained a lot of experience as department manager and store manager, and would be much easier for me.

But I have an open mind
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:05:52 pm by DevilMayCry »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on August 09, 2017, 03:16:17 pm by RedJ »
Even if you do end up in a factory, for example, if you do well it can be a way into the office. Half the people in my office started on the shop floor, including the managing director, believe it or not.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on August 10, 2017, 07:42:54 am by DevilMayCry »
Even if you do end up in a factory, for example, if you do well it can be a way into the office. Half the people in my office started on the shop floor, including the managing director, believe it or not.
I know that. Many started at the bottom and now they are managers/directors etc

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on August 11, 2017, 04:05:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
In my experience many shop floor workers become managers by means of the following;

1) Their dad's a manager.
2) Their best mate's a manager
3) They're an effective shop steward and so are promoted to bat for the other side.
4) They start at the bottom (literally) and work their way up to full penetration.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on August 11, 2017, 06:13:56 pm by RedJ »
Nowt wrong with full penetration.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on August 12, 2017, 09:18:15 am by hoolahoop »
All the best DMC, we all hope to see you in Donny soon and at a match . You should still be able to pick up a cheap flight from Bucharest and don't forget nearly half and growing of the population DON'T believe in the crap that is Brexit - it's usually the half with intelligence and therefore those in a position to employ you.
Speak soon ok .

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on August 12, 2017, 10:33:38 am by DevilMayCry »
The flight is cheap at wizzair, only 100 euros from Bucharest to Doncaster (3 years ago I payed almost 200 euros from Bucharest to Luton Airport).

Now I will be on holiday for 2 weeks, and I will have some time to search for a job on internet. If I'll find something from here, would be ideal, and I'll know for sure that I''ll not losing the money.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on August 12, 2017, 08:45:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
All the best DMC, we all hope to see you in Donny soon and at a match . You should still be able to pick up a cheap flight from Bucharest and don't forget nearly half and growing of the population DON'T believe in the crap that is Brexit - it's usually the half with intelligence and therefore those in a position to employ you.
Speak soon ok .

Hoola, surely you are not doing DevilMayCry any favours by encouraging him to come and live in a country that is destined for post Brexit poverty?

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on March 29, 2018, 05:02:47 pm by DevilMayCry »
Hello.

I didn't want to start a new topic about this so I will write here.

As some of you knows, I worked only for 2 months in 2014 in Barnsley. Sadly, I had to return home because I had big medical problems (viral meningitis) and I needed some time to recover...But my wish was always to return there...England has always fascinated me, and I wanted to work and live there.

After my recovery, I worked at some companies, and started to put in every month some money in another bank account for my chance to return there.  In this time, I managed to have the money that I think will help me to live there (2-3 months) while I search for a job. So the problem wasn't the money, was that I wasn't sure what will be for a foreigner after Brexit (still, nobody knows) and to be honest, I was a little scared to come alone (maybe because of what happened to me when I was there? Then, If I would have been alone in the house maybe today I would have not been alive).

But seeing how economically Romania is falling, how companies treat their people and other things, made me to get over that fear and insecurity about Brexit...Now, my mind is clear, and I can say that I can come there with my heart open and without being afraid.

My plan is that in 2 months, 2 and a half months maximum, to come in Doncaster and to try to have a life there. Steve (a friend from facebook who lives in Donny) is trying to help me, he asked for my cv to send at some companies that he knows... Yesterday he told me about Wizzair, that they are hiring for Doncaster. I applied at them and I hope it will be okay, but who knows?

I think I'll have a better chance searching and working in stores, in sales....I started from zero, working as salesman, being a store manager, as a sport writer on english and german football at sport television, accountant at a food warehouse, and in the almost 2 years as a department manager at a big company owned by Dellhaize (from Belgium).

What I wanted to ask, is it okay for me to come there in that period (in 2 months) and searching for a job? Or the majority of companies aren't hiring in that period? Or do you know other companies that are willing to hire a foreigner?

So guys, what are your opinion about this?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:09:21 pm by DevilMayCry »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on March 29, 2018, 05:47:51 pm by Nudga »
Amazon is a sure bet, just to get you on the employment ladder

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on March 30, 2018, 12:14:06 am by hoolahoop »
Wizzair might want to employ someone with language skills that's also a good bet .....Good luck DMC

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on April 13, 2018, 03:48:12 pm by DevilMayCry »
Hello.

I need some help. On what website should I search for a place to rent in Doncaster? I found a few on google, but any idea what's the most serious?
I'm looking to pay 150-200 pounds/month (or is much expensive than that?).

Thank you.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on April 13, 2018, 06:35:05 pm by hoolahoop »
DMC  have you got an offer of a job then ?

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on April 13, 2018, 07:29:55 pm by DevilMayCry »
DMC  have you got an offer of a job then ?
No, I don't have any job offer...but I'm not going to wait for one...At the end of may or beginning of june I want to come there, and search from there...I know I'll have a better chance to find something

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on April 13, 2018, 07:57:10 pm by RedJ »
Depends what type of property you're looking at. Might get that kind of rent for an HMO, it'll be probably double otherwise.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on April 13, 2018, 08:34:41 pm by DevilMayCry »
Depends what type of property you're looking at. Might get that kind of rent for an HMO, it'll be probably double otherwise.
I’m not looking for an entire house, only a room or a single room apartment (if it’s not so expensive).

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on April 13, 2018, 08:50:04 pm by RedJ »
Even then you're still looking at £250 minimum, unfortunately. Cheaper to buy a bloody house than rent a single room, weirdly.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on April 13, 2018, 09:39:39 pm by DevilMayCry »
Even then you're still looking at £250 minimum, unfortunately. Cheaper to buy a bloody house than rent a single room, weirdly.
That would be awkward, to stay alone in an entire house  :lol:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on April 13, 2018, 11:46:33 pm by hoolahoop »
You would have to allow £ 4- 500 per month, however I don't know how things will be after we leave the EU in terms of the costs of travel, rights to stay  etc. . It's my long- term plan to go and live in the EU in a few years time , something I too will have to consider carefully .

Providing we all survive the next month or so of course.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on May 25, 2018, 06:20:36 pm by DevilMayCry »
Have anyone heard about Knightsbridge Global Recruitment (http://www.kglobal.co.uk/)? They posted a job offer (kinda) on a romanian recruitment site.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on May 25, 2018, 09:16:41 pm by RedJ »
Never heard of them, but these types of posts aren't that rare if you're looking for jobs in these types of industry. The accommodation part is new to me but then I don't go looking on foreign job boards... :laugh:

Give them a shout and see what you think?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on May 28, 2018, 09:58:45 am by hoolahoop »
DMC earlier you mentioned you had translated your degrees , just out of interest what was the subject matter  ?   I mean are they helpful for you to seek work in catering management ?

I know these jobs were advertised for Oxford ( a Europhile university city ) but short- term could be a stepping - stone to your eventual repatriation as an honorary Yorkshire Viking. What is interesting about this posts is the accommodation price @ £ 300- 350 p.m a reasonable amount to pay for Oxford .

Perhaps it  might help if you post your general not personal c.v ( curriculum vitae ) , someone on here might be looking for someone with exactly your skillset . They can then persue it further on a more personal basis by pm. What I mean is do you have a degree in mechanical engineering , rocket science etc. ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012