Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:22:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Final table based on form  (Read 36409 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Final table based on form
« Reply #150 on April 16, 2014, 10:09:24 pm by wilts rover »
I've maintained from the start we needed 48 points to avoid a last day carve up as form went out of the window some while ago and you can't predict results.

I did think however, we would avoid it thinking we'd amass another 5 points from where we are now.

Barnsley get 7 points from 4 games - Very possible
Millwall get 6 points from 4 games   - Probable
Charlton get 5 points from 5 games - Almost certain
Blackpool get 4 points from 4 games- More difficult

We now need to buck the trend and claim an unexpected result or two. 

Barnsley have Leeds and QPR at home, Derby and Boro away - where are they going to get 7 points from?

Millwall have Boro, QPR and Bournmouth as well as us, where do their 6 points come from?

It will all be a lot clearer come Monday evening thats for sure.

Us and Bournemouth.

Bournemouth are two points off the play-offs, unbeaten in 6 of which they have won 5, have home matches against Wednesday and Forest to come, you really dont believe in form do you?

Last match of season Bournemouth might have nothing to play for then,could be thinking of the beach.

Last match of the season Leicester will definately have nothing to play for, will they also be on the beach?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on April 16, 2014, 10:10:48 pm by drfc1951 »
I've maintained from the start we needed 48 points to avoid a last day carve up as form went out of the window some while ago and you can't predict results.

I did think however, we would avoid it thinking we'd amass another 5 points from where we are now.

Barnsley get 7 points from 4 games - Very possible
Millwall get 6 points from 4 games   - Probable
Charlton get 5 points from 5 games - Almost certain
Blackpool get 4 points from 4 games- More difficult

We now need to buck the trend and claim an unexpected result or two. 

Barnsley have Leeds and QPR at home, Derby and Boro away - where are they going to get 7 points from?

Millwall have Boro, QPR and Bournmouth as well as us, where do their 6 points come from?

It will all be a lot clearer come Monday evening thats for sure.

Us and Bournemouth.

Bournemouth are two points off the play-offs, unbeaten in 6 of which they have won 5, have home matches against Wednesday and Forest to come, you really dont believe in form do you?

Last match of season Bournemouth might have nothing to play for then,could be thinking of the beach.

Last match of the season Leicester will definately have nothing to play for, will they also be on the beach?
Hopefully.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on April 17, 2014, 05:14:42 pm by mutleyrover »
I think we should just focus on our own results than worrying about what others will do. 

A draw tomorrow night and avoid defeat on Monday should more or less be enough with two games left to pick up another point if required.  A win in any of the four remaining games should see us playing Championship football next season.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on April 19, 2014, 03:44:32 pm by pib »
How's this looking as it stands then?  :chair:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on April 19, 2014, 03:49:17 pm by RobTheRover »
Too scary to contemplate, I'm guessing.  Hence no update.

My botty is doing the 5p/50p dance.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on April 19, 2014, 04:36:20 pm by BigH »
Sorry people but we are now past the form analysis-paralysis stage.

More a case of phone a friend: http://www.samaritans.org

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on April 19, 2014, 07:21:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Gan on then, since you ask. Not that it really makes any point now, as form means less than random results when there are only a few matches left.

Final table based on last 8 form

Millwall 50 points
Birmingham 47
Charlton 47
Donny 46
Blackpool 44
Barnsley 43
Yeovil 40

Based on last 5 match form
Birmingham 48
Millwall 48
Charlton 45
Donny 45
Blackpool 43
Barnsley 41
Yeovil 40

Keep calm and stop embarrassing yersens.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:24:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on April 19, 2014, 10:20:13 pm by BobG »
Lol! Right now, tonight, I can't even work out where those 2 wonderful points in the 5 match analysis are going to come from.  I'm going to wish upon a star I think..........

BobG

ch-ch rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on April 19, 2014, 11:02:32 pm by ch-ch rover »
No problem 3 from Millwall should be enough

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on April 19, 2014, 11:40:43 pm by BobG »
I hope...... Omens aren't good though. Wellens half fit at best; not playing possibly even. Billy Sharp with big issues. Brownie injured maybe? A losing mentality. An inability to score goals even with forwards fit and firing. An inability to keep a clean sheet. And as a purely personal opinion, I don't think a good chunk of this side has the balls.

So, I expect a 4-0 win on Monday then.....

BobG

ch-ch rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on April 19, 2014, 11:46:25 pm by ch-ch rover »
I can see the game starting with a defensive mindset probably 5 in the middle and then changing to try and win the game

neil grainger

« Reply #161 on April 20, 2014, 12:27:24 am by neil grainger »
"Keep calm and stop embarrassing yersens"

So speaks the calming voice of reason from BST.
Only one small problem BST...we are deep in the relegation s--t.
If we survive now it will be a minor miracle, and I for one am quite angry that we find ourselves in such a position.

Dickov has had the full support of the board and has been able to sign the players he has targeted.
Of course we have had injuries, but every time we've lost a key player PD has been allowed to bring in another signing to get us back to strength.

Personally, I'm not only disappointed but also very angry that we find ourselves staring down the trapdoor of relegation.

The manager has failed us this season. So has the squad of players. There are some notable exceptions and surprse, surprise....they are the old stalwarts such as Brown and Copps.

I am well and truly pissed off.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on April 20, 2014, 08:43:20 am by The Red Baron »
Lol! Right now, tonight, I can't even work out where those 2 wonderful points in the 5 match analysis are going to come from.  I'm going to wish upon a star I think..........

BobG

Bob- I'll freely admit to being a pessimist but even so I think it is possible that we will lose at Millwall and yet still stay up. I have a feeling we will win one of the final two games of the season, probably the home game with Reading.

The thing that makes me nervous is that we'll probably be unsure of our fate going into the final game of the season. That wasn't something I envisaged after we won at Leeds.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on April 20, 2014, 08:54:19 am by Bentley Bullet »
We had the Mansfield moment as the defining point when we won league two a few years back. If we go down this year it will all be down to the Birmingham moment.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on April 20, 2014, 09:24:17 am by normal rules »
I think we should just focus on our own results than worrying about what others will do. 

A draw tomorrow night and avoid defeat on Monday should more or less be enough with two games left to pick up another point if required.  A win in any of the four remaining games should see us playing Championship football next season.

I'm afraid it's other teams results that we will rely on to keep us up, we will get no more points this season.
Nothing to come from the den. Reading will do us at home and we might be lucky enough to get a single charitable point from leics, if we are lucky. So it will be down to other results. I can't see it any other way

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on April 20, 2014, 09:46:44 am by BigH »
It sure feels like the team have bottled it. Injuries to key players and a wafer thin squad haven't helped but we still have a group that should be more than capable of digging out the odd point.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:42:40 pm by BigH »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on April 20, 2014, 10:18:40 am by Donnywolf »

I'm afraid it's other teams results that we will rely on to keep us up, we will get no more points this season.
Nothing to come from the den. Reading will do us at home and we might be lucky enough to get a single charitable point from leics, if we are lucky. So it will be down to other results. I can't see it any other way

Just as I have ben saying for ages. I think we could be safe with what we have now as I don't see three of those below us getting what they need to pass us

A win manana would be great though to make sure

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on April 21, 2014, 06:30:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here we go.
(One or two of you might want to hit the BACK button now, as this is just congenital lust for vapid stats.)

Charlton 49 points
Millwall 47
Donny 46
Birmingham 45
Blackpool 44
Barnsley 42
Yeovil 39

Charlton 49
Millwall 48
Birmingham 45
Donny 44
Blackpool 43
Barnsley 40
Yeovil 39

Just like the vapid stats have been saying for months. 44-45 points will almost certainly turn out to be the safety target. We might already be safe. A point on Saturday and I'd sleep easy

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on April 21, 2014, 06:51:38 pm by jonnydog »
I won't be sleeping easy until we're 100% safe... Possibly after the Leicester game.

I hate relying on other results to ensure our safety. Sadly this will most probably be the case/situation next season if we stay up.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on April 21, 2014, 08:03:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
do you not subscribe to this "form goes out the window at this stage of the season" malarky BST?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on April 21, 2014, 08:06:19 pm by BigH »
Here we go.
(One or two of you might want to hit the BACK button now, as this is just congenital lust for vapid stats.)

Charlton 49 points
Millwall 47
Donny 46
Birmingham 45
Blackpool 44
Barnsley 42
Yeovil 39

Charlton 49
Millwall 48
Birmingham 45
Donny 44
Blackpool 43
Barnsley 40
Yeovil 39

Just like the vapid stats have been saying for months. 44-45 points will almost certainly turn out to be the safety target. We might already be safe. A point on Saturday and I'd sleep easy

Can we have it to two decimal points next time please BST.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on April 21, 2014, 08:09:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BJW

It does for individual teams on individual matches. It doesn't for whole divisions.

The figures have been saying for at least 3 months that a rare low number of points were going to be enough to stay up this year. The figures have continued to say that, with remarkable consistency every week. It might change over the next 12 days. But I don't expect it to.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on April 22, 2014, 01:39:39 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Lies, damned lies & statistics.

The more I 'put my foot on the accelerator', the larger loom the 'vehicles' in my rear view mirror (& I'm fast running out of road).

Nothing short of the performance of the season & 3 points on saturday will keep us in this division.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on April 22, 2014, 04:11:30 pm by River Don »
Lies, damned lies & statistics.

The more I 'put my foot on the accelerator', the larger loom the 'vehicles' in my rear view mirror (& I'm fast running out of road).

Nothing short of the performance of the season & 3 points on saturday will keep us in this division.

Er, the Rovers haven't exactly been flooring it recently have they?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on April 22, 2014, 05:43:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
One thing though - last season we'd have been down by now.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on April 22, 2014, 06:17:11 pm by PDX_Rover »
Two massive games but then it's two massive for every team at the bottom. Think we can safely say that Barnsley and Yeovil are toast, and I think Blackpool are in the type of downward trajectory it's almost impossible to pull out of.

I really, really fancy us to do Reading.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on April 22, 2014, 07:02:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
One thing though - last season we'd have been down by now.

That's true but it's also irrelevant. It means nothing other than the fact that the gap between the top and bottom is bigger this year than it was last year.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on April 22, 2014, 09:36:57 pm by BobG »
Mark: the sort of downward trajectory like our own played 5, won none, drawn 1 trajectory?

Lol!

BobG

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on April 22, 2014, 09:52:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
I 'ate Reading.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on April 23, 2014, 12:45:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I 'ate Reading.

I Hope it's strawberry flavoured paper Chris ;),seriously though,it's not much of a surprise we are doing it the hard way,it's still in our own hands get two wins we stay up,get four points we stay up,we get two points we will probably stay up,we get none,then there is a good chance we are down,unless the others pick up more,come on lads get them points on the board and let us relax.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012