Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:09:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds get lifeline  (Read 14695 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Leeds get lifeline
« Reply #30 on April 06, 2014, 03:17:34 pm by BobG »
So you are setting yourself up as God then yes?

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 07, 2014, 12:33:21 am by LincsRover »
As I've said before this will have consequences, and my email inbox is testament to that.

Over the last couple of years the FL and PL have worked very closely in getting the 'Owners and Directors' test more fit for purpose, and the PL have thrown more money at it so as to avoid another Portsmouth situation. This will not be the last you will hear of this. The FL cannot be allowed to see their rules on club ownership overruled in this way.

I'd love to think you are right SM but there are some things that tell me that the FL/prem will not be able to (or have any desire to) do anything about this:-

1.  TLO Leeds and all other 'massive' clubs will always get their own way due to cash - it's all the FA/FL/UEFA/FIFA care about! FFS, we're having a winter World Cup in f*ck*ng Quatar of all god forsaken places! What other reason than their wealth and influence could possibly influence that decision?! We only have to look at the Donny belles and their plight to see their agenda!
2.  The FL have no teeth and no b*ll*cks when it comes to a fight in the courts, especially one that does not suit their agenda. If it was a small sh*t team like TLO Donny then there would be no QC overturning any rule, but Leeds? Well, they are champs of Europe, let's not let them go under eh!?!?
3.  Sky have Leeds on live every other week, let's not upset them by having to show league 1 games cos they had to go into administration again........! I mean, Leeds v forest/QPR or Crawley/Stevenage? Come on FL, sky pay the bills after all!
4.  Cellino is no more corrupt than the criminals running the FL/FA/FIFA/UEFA - in fact, he'll probably be running for a place on their board soon!

Let's face it, football is all about money now, and no one cares about corruption or bad money coming into football as long as the 'massive' teams like dirty f*ck*ng Leeds survive.

As the 'respected' (yeah right) pundit Steve Claridge always says - Leeds belong in the premiership, along with Wednesday, forest etc... Cos they've got loadsamoney!!......... Sorry, fans!! They're massive! In my view, you are where you deserve to be - it's about points on the field, not the number of fans or the cash your owner has in the bank! But as I said, I'm naive and support a pub team having a laugh! I don't give a stuff about Leeds, they can go bankrupt and disappear from the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned, but the powers that be will never let that happen, will they! Now if little old Donny are ever in trouble again........well they haven't got much cash, not many fans, no history........well f*ck off to pompeyville or send them to Coventry! The whole saga stinks worse than Sepp Blatters g-string after a night of Russian beers and quatar curry!

As I said in an earlier rant on the subject....... Fit and proper person - my arse!

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 07, 2014, 01:18:38 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The rumours i hear,are that Elland Road is to be turned in to a Wildlife park,with the Leeds fans as the attractions,could be a winner!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 07, 2014, 08:16:38 am by Donnywolf »
The rumours i hear,are that Elland Road is to be turned in to a Wildlife park,with the Leeds fans as the attractions,could be a winner!!

not at 36 quid to get in

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 07, 2014, 08:28:49 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I don't know much about the takeover bid e.g. why he should & shouldn't be allowed, but I saw something on SSN once that he loves the colour purple & detests the number 17! He hates number 17 so much that when he was the owner of Calgiari he removed all number 17 seats!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 07, 2014, 09:30:17 am by roversdude »
Well I can see number 44 disappearing

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 07, 2014, 10:01:57 am by Donnywolf »
I don't know much about the takeover bid e.g. why he should & shouldn't be allowed, but I saw something on SSN once that he loves the colour purple & detests the number 17! He hates number 17 so much that when he was the owner of Calgiari he removed all number 17 seats!

The nutter .... 17 is my Birthday and self proclaimed FAVOURITE number

If I win 100 mill on Euromillions I vow to buy into Rovers and get us to play them in African Violet Shirts all with 17 on the back (would have to be 17a 17b etc I suppose)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 07, 2014, 10:04:06 am by Donnywolf »
Oh and another thing I hate the Letter / Number T641 and with the rest of the 100 Mill I would have that Seat taken out so my long legs would get in   

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 07, 2014, 10:05:59 am by roversdude »
Is that in all stands DW

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 07, 2014, 11:55:32 am by The Red Baron »

He sounds as mad as a box of frogs. Should be an ideal owner for Leeds United!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 07, 2014, 12:26:13 pm by DRNaith »

not at 36 quid to get in

I'd pay £36 to see them locked away ;)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 07, 2014, 12:27:00 pm by DRNaith »
It'll all end in tears. He's a wrong 'un. No doubt.

Expect the government to legislate in this area, it's the excuse they've been looking for.

Would FIFA have an issue with political interference?

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 07, 2014, 12:58:23 pm by Wellington Vaults »
This is just the start.....

Meredith Kerchner is expecting his love child and he has been spotted at a garage in Armley seeking a quote for the respray of a Boeing 777

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 07, 2014, 01:04:55 pm by RobTheRover »
I saw something on SSN once that he loves the colour purple

Maybe he's not so bad after all. Whoopi Goldberg was amazing in that film and deserved the Oscar.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 08, 2014, 12:25:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I saw something on SSN once that he loves the colour purple

Maybe he's not so bad after all. Whoopi Goldberg was amazing in that film and deserved the Oscar.

Whoopi knew how to do as sexy walk,can't remember which film it was,but she was walking like a builder carrying two mugs of tea on a trawler :laugh:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 08, 2014, 08:34:41 am by Wild Rover »
Ghost mate.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 08, 2014, 01:02:35 pm by albie »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 08, 2014, 02:15:37 pm by roversdude »
Wonder if they showed him a different set of books
When they sack BM they'll be even more in debt oh dear

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 08, 2014, 03:29:03 pm by LincsRover »
Yes, but as we have already seen with the Cellino affair the FL have neither the teeth, the b*ll*cks nor the inclination to do anything about it! What are the possible punishments?

Transfer ban? - possible, just means they'll get further into debt trying to keep Ross Mc;
Fine? - means f*ck all when you've got a wealthy owner;
Points deduction? - don't be silly, this is L**ds - the FL don't want to risk them getting relegated again, after all, they belong in the premiershi[p, not with us plebs down in the championship - they're massive!!!

Yep, nothing to see here - FFP my arse!

Bugger, I think I'm turning into Jim Royal! - I'd better have a holiday quick and stop getting wound up by the goings on down at Bellend Road - just gets on my t*ts when so-called big teams get away with murder whilst the rest of us get shat on from a great height!

Rant over - off to watch Rovers thump Bolton and put the smile back on my face!

:boxing: :rtid: :boxing:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 11, 2014, 11:05:59 am by wing commander »
   So now the FL have ratified the deal and he has completed the takeover...The FL haven't come out of this very well have they?? In fact it really couldn't have gone much worse...The test has been proved not fit for purpose and was ripped apart at the first independent legal test it faced....Back to square one really...I wonder about these organisations that govern our game I really do,the money they get and there all clueless wether its Fifa with there corruption,UEFA with there favouritism..you can go on and on....
   This case will have cost millions when you take legal costs into account..money we pay that's just going out the game into peoples pockets...It really annoys the hell out of me....

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 11, 2014, 11:10:46 am by bobbymax »

BobG
Reading today's headlines, I think David Cameron has just inherited that role.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 11, 2014, 11:44:28 am by The Red Baron »

BobG
Reading today's headlines, I think David Cameron has just inherited that role.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26986002

Funny old world. Politicians talk religion, churchmen talk politics.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 11, 2014, 12:50:33 pm by bobjimwilly »
The Football League have been proven to have no power at all when it comes to the fit & proper persons test. The whole situation is a farce.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:55:15 pm by bobjimwilly »

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 11, 2014, 12:57:43 pm by Wellington Vaults »
At the risk of a further sarcy rebuke from Silent Majority, what do you expect from an organisation in the tender care of Shaun f***ing Harvey??

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 11, 2014, 01:03:30 pm by Filo »
At the risk of a further sarcy rebuke from Silent Majority, what do you expect from an organisation in the tender care of Shaun f***ing Harvey??

Are you happy the Italian has taken over Wellington?

Considering that you said to be careful what you wish for

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 11, 2014, 04:17:29 pm by The Red Baron »

I'm with you on the FL. I've seen what has happened at Coventry. The owners have strung the FL along all the way. If Cellino wanted to do so, I'm sure he'd be able to.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 11, 2014, 04:42:14 pm by drfc1951 »
Well lets hope that now the takeover has been ratified,that it leads to an upturn in form for tommorow at least.

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 11, 2014, 05:09:02 pm by Hag »
Any hatred or whatever aside, he has called a lot of the players - overpaid for the ability they have - that is realism - that goes for a lot of clubs in whatever league they are in, you think you are signing a superstar - but you aren't - we know that from the Conference years.
I have no hatred for Leeds, I think he will be good for them, shady (probably) or not.
At least he has some money, not like them who bought Man U(re) on a mortgage!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 11, 2014, 06:26:01 pm by albie »
For any that missed it, Cellino was loud and proud before the bid was finally approved;
http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25609

Takes a bit of stamina, but the link through from the article is entertaining.

Given the mess they are in, for some Leeds fans its any port in a storm.Would you want him at Rovers?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012