Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:21:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds get lifeline  (Read 14694 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Leeds get lifeline
« Reply #60 on April 11, 2014, 09:30:54 pm by RedJ »
He doesn't half sound a bit mental.

By "I manage the club" I wonder if he's wanting to dictate the lineup to whoever he appoints as "coach".

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 11, 2014, 09:57:29 pm by BobG »
This is getting to be as much of a soap opera as Coventry or us. Ye Gods!

You do wonder though just what it was that prompted Cellino to order a sweep in the first place.... Paranoia? Guilty knowledge to be blamed on some other sap? Inside information? A tip off? (Why? from whom? At what cost?)

Fascinating. I'm already enjoying 'Leeds, the Exploitation'. This just makes it even more so.

BobG

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 11, 2014, 10:57:27 pm by Wellington Vaults »
At the risk of a further sarcy rebuke from Silent Majority, what do you expect from an organisation in the tender care of Shaun f***ing Harvey??

I'm with you on the FL. I've seen what has happened at Coventry. The owners have strung the FL along all the way. If Cellino wanted to do so, I'm sure he'd be able to.

On balance, I'm in;

1. He is the lesser of several evils
2. He is investing his own cash, not borrowing it
3. He appears to be highly entertaining and amusing
4. He appears to genuinely have a thing for the club and fans (probably realises that we are as barking as he is)
5. He appears to be a wily operator and must realise that if he is in it for the money, LUFC is a bad choice.

One of the most amusing things I have read in recent days is that our disgraced departing CEO, David Haigh, saw Leeds United as a vehicle to raise his profile as a budding Conservative politician.  Having watched his progress to date, I have no doubt in confirming that him and the Tories are made for each other.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 11, 2014, 11:07:24 pm by BobG »
There's a few seem to think that way Wellygogs. Remember Bellotti at Brighton? He was a Lib Dem with ambitions. Didn't do him much good though.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 11, 2014, 11:13:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
WV

First stage of grief: Denial.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 12, 2014, 07:30:42 am by Bristol Red Rover »
WV

First stage of grief: Denial.

Nah... the first stage is a stick of Blackpool Shock.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 12, 2014, 12:23:59 pm by Capmeister »
Cellino had to stump up half a mill to stave off the tax man Thurs. Then he went on the piss with fans in the Peacock then into tarn. My mate who refs at their training grounds says the cleaners were polishing everything, including the balls Thurs neet for a visit yesterday.

He's reported to have said he was buying the ground and training facility back Thurs. Missed his first deadlines. Leeds fans are hoping for a reaction on the back of this change of ownership today. Can't call it mi sen

TinyPortal © 2005-2012