Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 04:04:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul O'Drisckov?  (Read 6360 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Paul O'Drisckov?
« Reply #30 on April 12, 2014, 06:44:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
One difference between them is O'Driscoll was very good at managing expectations.

He certainly didn't say things like "“We’ve got five games left and I believe we can go unbeaten in those five games.”

He said negative things which people would moan about for being too negative.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 12, 2014, 08:07:20 pm by PDX_Rover »
SOD would been purring after that 28 pass move for the second goal at Leeds.

This thread is daft.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 12, 2014, 08:54:35 pm by since-1969 »
So !! Play well and get beat . No that's not what I pay for .

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 12, 2014, 09:14:01 pm by bpoolrover »
Did sod not say we didn't have any chance of staying up?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 12, 2014, 10:33:38 pm by Donnybax »
Did sod not say we didn't have any chance of staying up?
no he didn't

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 12, 2014, 10:53:21 pm by timdrfc »
I wonder what O'Driscoll would have done if he'd seen 6-7 first choice defenders get crocked.

Actually, no I don't need to wonder about it. I saw it in 2010/11. We were utter dogshite and we got one win in 19 games. And when he had a chance to bring in a defender, he chose Matt Kilgallon, who made a shocking defence even worse.
Is this the same Matt Kilgallon that's playing in Blackburns playoff chasing Blackburn Rovers ? Just because he was a sub who never really played for us doesn't make him shit

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 12, 2014, 11:10:32 pm by dickos1 »
We really do have some shocking fans, now is the time to get behind them not start talking about a bloke that left 3 years ago.
Absolute clueless idiots

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 12, 2014, 11:12:00 pm by dickos1 »
Sod wasn't backed anywhere near as much as Dickov is possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever read in here

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 12, 2014, 11:19:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tim

I'm not massively interested in what Kilgallon is like now. When he played for us, he made Dennis D'Souza look like Beckenbauer.

Dickos. I'm only piecing bits together from what's in the public domain, but I suspect our current budget is a good bit lower than it was in 10/11. I'm happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 12, 2014, 11:28:28 pm by dickos1 »
Billy, that's what I'm saying. Our budget now won't be as high as sod had. Plus he broke our transfer record twice.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 13, 2014, 12:00:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Dickos.

Apologies. Saturday night skim reading.

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 13, 2014, 11:04:50 am by Curious Orange »
"I am proud of the players and the performance they put in. We didn't just change the system once, we changed it three or four times during the game."

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2014, 08:31:36 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
My fruastration was/is this fascination that we have to go for the win so late on in the game when we're playing on the back foot and have managed to knick a late goal. All we had to do was put 10 men behind the ball at 1-1 and soak up the pressure for 8 + minutes.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 14, 2014, 08:43:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
Wasn't Matt Kilgallon a John Ryan inspired acquisition, resulting in SOD's reluctance to play him unless circumstances forced his hand?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 14, 2014, 08:56:40 am by The Red Baron »
My fruastration was/is this fascination that we have to go for the win so late on in the game when we're playing on the back foot and have managed to knick a late goal. All we had to do was put 10 men behind the ball at 1-1 and soak up the pressure for 8 + minutes.

It certainly cost us a point against QPR. Not sure about Saturday. However, under SO'D we often went defensive if we were leading/ drawing late in a game and we still tended to concede late goals.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 14, 2014, 06:42:21 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Wasn't Matt Kilgallon a John Ryan inspired acquisition, resulting in SOD's reluctance to play him unless circumstances forced his hand?

Don't know if it was ever established as a fact BB but given the apparent reluctance on the part of SoD to play him, that was certainly a well subscribed view on here.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 14, 2014, 06:57:17 pm by wilts rover »

So was Billy Sharp. If O'Driscoll had thought Kilgallon was good enough he would have played him. The reason he didnt play him more often were the performances he put in when he did play him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 14, 2014, 07:41:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wilts

Amen

Kilgallon started the first 3 matches in his spell at Donny, even though there were other defenders on the bench. We were utterly gash in those 3 games, losing all three, scoring 2 and conceding 8. Kilgallon was the worst of a bad lot.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 15, 2014, 02:24:46 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The team is naive in the extreme at times,we rush things when we've got a foothold in the game,instead of showing a bit more patience,it has cost us a lot of points all season,sometimes it will take till the ninety fourth minute to eventually wear some teams down,Dickov's teams at times are too positive,which isn't a bad trait,but the better teams will pick you off,whereas O 'Driscoll teams tended to keep good possession but could be slightly negative,we something in between the two,we've got some very good players,just learn that what works against one team,might not against another,both Good manager's for me.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 15, 2014, 06:18:45 am by aidanstu »
Hope people aren't comparing Dickov to o'driscoll he was 5 times the manager of Dickov... Some people have football knowledge of an egg.

Are you referring to McDermott ?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 15, 2014, 06:25:33 am by aidanstu »
Tim

I'm not massively interested in what Kilgallon is like now. When he played for us, he made Dennis D'Souza look like Beckenbauer.

Dickos. I'm only piecing bits together from what's in the public domain, but I suspect our current budget is a good bit lower than it was in 10/11. I'm happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong.

I think that is probably reflected in the fact that SOD himself seldom played killgallon when we had him here, so the argument against your point is flawed.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 15, 2014, 01:17:48 pm by RedJ »
Please don't compare the man who had us finish are second best position ever to the loon we have in charge at the moment. Truly baffling.

Care to qualify this statement?

That would be a no, I take it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012