Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:03:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dickovs plans  (Read 3134 times)

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
Dickovs plans
« on April 16, 2014, 09:26:14 pm by RobbieDRFC »
If you was in his shoes would you keep wellens, Husband, Neill & meite out of the team on Friday in the hope they will all be fully fit for Monday?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Dickovs plans
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2014, 09:38:54 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Needs a crystal ball doesn't it but if they would definitely be fit for Monday I'd say yes.  All about percentages and playing unfit players against such a strong side is a certain way of getting nothing and ensuring they aren't fit for the next game.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2014, 09:42:01 pm by bobbymax »
No. You play your best team.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2014, 09:52:41 pm by RobbieDRFC »
I wouldn't be adverse to him parking the bus on Friday!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2014, 10:00:49 pm by RedJ »
Millwall is infinitely more winnable than Derby. I wouldn't risk them if they're in the kind of state Wellens was in the other night but if they're close to fitness, they'd be in the side for me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2014, 10:46:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Millwall is infinitely more winnable than Derby

Is that the same approach Crystal Palace and Sunderland took in to their away games v Everton and Man City respectively?

You play your best team available for any game.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2014, 10:51:02 pm by since-1969 »
If you was in his shoes would you keep wellens, Husband, Neill & meite out of the team on Friday in the hope they will all be fully fit for Monday?
it's back to the good olde days when if you brought your boots you got a game . Centre half anyone!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2014, 11:26:48 pm by RedJ »
Millwall is infinitely more winnable than Derby

Is that the same approach Crystal Palace and Sunderland took in to their away games v Everton and Man City respectively?

You play your best team available for any game.

And if Wellens is still knackered is it worth a repeat of the opening of the Bolton game?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2014, 12:18:43 am by Dare to dream! »
Only play them if they're 100%

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2014, 07:40:02 am by Metalmicky »
You should always play the best team available to you - especially in this league.

With our away record this year, we probably have more chance picking up points at home than away....... so if Wellens is medically fit but only 90% match fit, he should play.  The same applies to the others.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2014, 09:02:37 am by wing commander »
  I agree if theres a chance play them,but only if theres a realistic chance unlike last time when Wellens  couldn't hardly walk....Our home record has been whats saved us and our away record is awful....Im more confident of getting something tomorrow than at Millwall

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2014, 09:06:30 am by IDM »
Play the best available, fittest 11, in the next game.  The choose the best available (at the time) fittest 11 for the next, and so on.

Everyone is looking at Millwall as a vital game - which it is - but we should be trying to beat Derby too.  Will be hard, but if we're "expecting" to lose this one anyway, why not go for it?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2014, 09:55:35 am by The Red Baron »
Play the best available, fittest 11, in the next game.  The choose the best available (at the time) fittest 11 for the next, and so on.

Everyone is looking at Millwall as a vital game - which it is - but we should be trying to beat Derby too.  Will be hard, but if we're "expecting" to lose this one anyway, why not go for it?

:that:

I also think the Millwall game will become a lot more pressurised if we lose on Friday- especially if Millwall then get something at Middlesbrough on Saturday. If we win on Friday some of the pressure will come off us and we might play better as a result.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 17, 2014, 11:25:14 am by Red wizard »
We have done well against all the top teams at home this year. Am i the only one thinking we could nick a win here?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 17, 2014, 12:03:14 pm by IDM »
No you're not alone.  If we play as well as we can, then we can beat Derby tomorrow.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2014, 12:19:18 pm by dknward2 »
Dont forget we are on sky which normally dips the performance a bit so it could go either way think a draw is most likely as long as we score first

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2014, 08:55:24 am by idler »
You can't think games in front it's a game at a time,we've got just as much chance of beating Derby as going to Millwall and winning,it's going to sound stupid but i'd rather play Derby than one of the relegation threatened teams in some ways,against those teams sometimes the team doesn't get up for the game,whereas the Derby game,if the players aren't up for it we are in big trouble,Derby are more than likely already confirmed in the play off's,the gap between them and Burnley,is probably too big a margin to make up,teams in that situation sometimes ease back a bit and just try to maintain where they are,they try and save they're best games for the two legged semi finals that they will face when the automatic places are near enough gone,i think this is a game that we are capable of at least a point,i fancy us to win this,could be a decent time to get them IF we are playing well-2-0 win for us,Sharp for the first goal-100/1!!!

Here's the team i'd put out if certain players are fit.

Johnstone
                                     Tamas         Meite
                               Neill                           Stevens
                                             Keegan 
                              Coppinger               Cotterill
                                              Wellens
                                      Sharp            Brown

If Neill and Wellens don't make it,then Quinn would play centre half,Tamas at right back,and Mark Duffy would replace Wellens,i know there's a lot of attacking players,but with the back four and Keegan back there,there should be more than enough behind them,we can't afford to try and edge a draw,we need to win,the substitutes are going to play a vital part till the end of the season,i hope they are in good enough condition to be able to influence games.                               
I have some full stops that you can have.
I'm out of breath after reading that.   ;)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2014, 12:38:20 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If Wellens doesn't play for me Furman comes in plays alongside Keegan.

Copps and Stevens will play as wing backs and would play Duffy behind the strikers. You need your most skillful player in that position.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2014, 03:02:25 pm by The Red Baron »
I think he'll go back to the old trusted 4-4-2 tonight but he might change the formation for Monday.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 19, 2014, 04:06:34 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Really need Richie Wellens fit Monday now, otherwise the decision to 'play your best team' against Bolton will prove to have been the howler of the season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012