Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:42:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Free entry for Reading??!!  (Read 12032 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Free entry for Reading??!!
« Reply #120 on April 24, 2014, 02:28:03 pm by hoolahoop »
About 15 for me, but have got a ST for next season.  Hope you can get to more too, Hoola...

Cheers IDM, I just hope we all stop getting negative about our town and it's folk. It's so easy to assume that someone at a match is freeloading just because they haven't got a season ticket. I haven't got one this year and despite Alliance membership, I still haven't been able to use that entitlement and paid £23 every time I have been.
It doesn't make me any less of a supporter and someone who does care. In fact not being able to make games and miss out makes me "care" even more. However health permitting , I will once again pay my £23 and get to this game . Before anyone asks I will chant and shout and those who know me on here will attest to that.
A season ticket doesn't a "singer" make !!
Please don't think that was a dig at you IDM it was meant generally BTW.

Not at all Hoola, it is a very realistic argument that even the most passionate of supporters sometimes cannot make the games for a variety of individual reasons.  My point for you, was one of hope in that I wish you well healthwise which will allow you to be there, ST or not.

In general I agree with you - there will be thousands of folks who are at heart DRFC fans, but for whatever reason can't get to games.  Also, I agree that the additional fans over ST holders will potentially be different people game by game.

Cheers fella this season had been a barsteward for me. Currently still taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps backward after 6 bloody months!!  :(
I just won't heal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on April 24, 2014, 02:46:26 pm by The Red Baron »
Chaps- my comment yesterday...

Personally I don't see a lot of point in giving away cheap/ free tickets to people who are too apathetic to attend matches and who will sit on their hands for most of the game and will probably b*gger off home after 80 minutes.

... was certainly not aimed at exiles (of which I am one) or people like hoola who are not able to get to games for perfectly valid reasons.

I'm fortunate in that despite living a good distance away from Donny I'm able to afford the time and money to get to most home games. Some people are not (including some who live locally to Donny) and I understand that. It doesn't make them any less supporters in my eyes.

What my post was aimed at was the sort of people we all know. The sort who claim to be Rovers fans but never attend games unless they can get a freebee. And when they do go they complain that the team is c**p and that they're never going again. Rovers are not unique in that respect- there are plenty of similar Birmingham City and Aston Villa "supporters" like that in my neck of the woods.

Apologies if I have offended any genuine fans who don't get to many games.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on April 24, 2014, 03:28:24 pm by BigColSutherland »
I'd not seen that angle to your comment TRB, and thus I was not offended.

However, I will accept your apology anyway. I don't get many.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on April 24, 2014, 04:04:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Heard a whisper that sales for Saturday are looking quite healthy at the moment and it could be one of our biggest home attendances - hope so!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on April 24, 2014, 04:22:14 pm by IDM »
How healthy is quite healthy BFYP.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 24, 2014, 07:07:52 pm by turnbull for england »
bought mine yesterday ,ticket office said they were going well with plenty of vouchers exchanged.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on April 24, 2014, 07:32:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
TRB,  think we all underestimate how many folk are restricted for one reason are another and, there will always be band who claim to be fans when times are good but always have an excuse why they weren't there and claim to know the reasons we're not getting results etc.

It's nothing unique to our club but to bring this back on topic, I think there is a larger 'churn' of fans which makes it more difficult to identify the 'core' or our support. Clearly there are plenty of people who would if they could, attend more matches.

Just maybe, even offering freebies, we may not get the return we'd hope for therefore you can understand the club trying to protect what revenue it can get in. The club is more aware of it's customers now than ever before, and does offer as many ticketing options as is practical to do.  The last two game offer was reasonable so it wouldn't be fair to back track at this late stage.

As much as I would support the odd initiative to test the water to see how many more we could pull in, the practicalities are more difficult.

Anyway, let's hope the numbers are good an we get rewarded with a classic encounter with thrills an spills and more importantly 3 massive points. 

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on April 24, 2014, 11:20:00 pm by les@donr »
I have a valid excuse for not being at the KM, I live 4,000 plus miles away in Atlantic Canada, and the moment there is a serious snow storm raging. I will certainly be present in spirit cheering on Rovers to 3 vital points. RTID.

Please also remember those Rovers fans who have gone on before us, and are cheering the team on from the celestial KM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012