Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:08:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last 230 Leicester tickets  (Read 10312 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Last 230 Leicester tickets
« on May 01, 2014, 12:42:27 pm by RedRover45 »
Just been to ticket office and 230 left. Come on guys, lets sell out...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

stripeyfox

Re: Last 230 Leicester tickets
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2014, 12:45:12 pm by stripeyfox »
Surely you will sell out? I know a few Leicester fans who are snapping up the Donny tickets as we have sold out.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2014, 12:46:25 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I agree. Piss poor if we don't.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2014, 01:08:17 pm by Copps is Magic »
Well after pontificating all week about money I don't have, now 229 to sell. Why do we do it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2014, 01:16:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
Surely you will sell out? I know a few Leicester fans who are snapping up the Donny tickets as we have sold out.

Highly doubt that seems you have to be on the database to get tickets.

Any exiles wanting last minute tickets can also collect them from Leicester ticket office.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2014, 01:24:32 pm by Boomstick »
I've heard different numbers banded about all morning, it's a damn right embarrassment we haven't sold out yet. But still think we will.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2014, 01:30:07 pm by IDM »
No it isn't embarrassing, folks have all sorts of reasons why to go or not to go...

Anyway, there are 3 less available now ;)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2014, 01:32:35 pm by Jenny »
People who get embarrassed by how many tickets the football club they support sells really need to get a grip on life.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2014, 01:40:12 pm by RedArmy »
People who get embarrassed by how many tickets the football club they support sells really need to get a grip on life.

So why is there always so much fuss about the home attendances?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2014, 01:43:04 pm by IDM »

So why is there always so much fuss about the home attendances?

Ask the regular moaners!

Anyway, back to the OP - I reckon we will come close to selling out, but some folks might not call if they think they won't get a ticket - I almost didn't bother trying.  But after Wigan gave us a lifeline on Tuesday, I couldn't resist...

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2014, 01:51:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
At least if we don't sell out the argument over where people sit stand etc no longer applies.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2014, 02:16:03 pm by andysly »
With only 200 spare seats max. there'll be problems

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2014, 03:53:00 pm by Lincoln Rover »
From the ticket  office a moment ago, only 150 left.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2014, 04:24:29 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

It's the last game of the season, it's a massive game for DRFC - up there with Brentford, Stoke, Wembley (as Wellens has said), Cardiff, yet we STILL haven't sold out!

The Doncaster public need to get a grip on life. Honestly, I talk to blokes at work on a Monday after every game regards performances (mainly home games) and get asked about performances regards away games. All week at work I've had 'Are you going Leicester?" to which I reply "Of course, silly question!", I ask some DRFC fans "Are you going Leicester?", to which they reply "Nah!"

Pathetic!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2014, 04:27:47 pm by silent majority »
The away allocation is over 3,000 at Leicester. We have taken tickets in batches of 1,000 and so far have close to 2,000 tickets sold. Leicester have now allocated some of the last 1,000 to the home support which is the tickets which have been made available recently.

2k is OK, I'm not embarrassed!    ;)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2014, 04:34:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
The away allocation is over 3,000 at Leicester. We have taken tickets in batches of 1,000 and so far have close to 2,000 tickets sold. Leicester have now allocated some of the last 1,000 to the home support which is the tickets which have been made available recently.

2k is OK, I'm not embarrassed!    ;)

Why be embarrassed, you are right, it won't be the supporters that keep us in the championship, they will help, but it's the players and managers tactics that will seal it or not.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:40:52 pm by steve@dcfd »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2014, 06:07:37 pm by The Red Baron »

It's the last game of the season, it's a massive game for DRFC - up there with Brentford, Stoke, Wembley (as Wellens has said), Cardiff, yet we STILL haven't sold out!

The Doncaster public need to get a grip on life. Honestly, I talk to blokes at work on a Monday after every game regards performances (mainly home games) and get asked about performances regards away games. All week at work I've had 'Are you going Leicester?" to which I reply "Of course, silly question!", I ask some DRFC fans "Are you going Leicester?", to which they reply "Nah!"

Pathetic!

And do these people you talk to go to home matches? If not, have you ever asked them why?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2014, 07:13:40 pm by ravenrover »

Pathetic!
You need to get out a bit more mate, there is more to life than watching a football match, You go, your choice. I don't, my choice!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2014, 07:45:46 pm by Filo »

Pathetic!

Let me guess, you're single and the only commitment you have is paying your parents a tenner a week board, which you blag back on a Monday?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2014, 08:54:37 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm at my nieces Christening - sorry  :blush:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2014, 10:27:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Any left? Nothing on twitter and official site etc.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2014, 10:30:21 pm by GazLaz »
150 I think

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 02, 2014, 08:14:43 am by Rios »
We're averaging 8k ish (home fans) at home and people are moaning that we're about to a quarter of that to an away game.  Compare that to Reading at our last home game who barely brought over a thousand for a game they had to win and they're averaging double (ish, I can't be arsed to check) what we do at home.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 02, 2014, 08:20:32 am by IDM »
I really don't get the problem folks have with our attendances.

I was at Birmingham vs Wigan on Tuesday, in the away end.  Out of a crowd of around 20500, there were 1000 ish from Wigan (can't find the exact figure) and the away sections were half full at best.  1000 fans for an away game where victory would secure a play off place, at £10 a ticket, £5 for concessions, and a reasonable drive down the m6 to get there. 

Wouldn't be good enough for some of ours, would it?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 02, 2014, 08:25:47 am by Jenny »
I just can't fathom why people feel embarrassed by attendances. What exact bearing does it have on an individuals life to cause embarrassment?

All I can put it down to is the social media generation, people talk about football on a much wider basis than they have ever done, forums, Facebook, Twitter... there are all these awful 'banter' pages where fans of, lets face it, shit football clubs try and justify their existance by bragging about their support.

This forum aside, the only other place I discuss football is on a face to face basis with friends, family and colleagues. I pretty much steer away from groups on Facebook or trawling hashtags on Twitter. You can guarantee that when I walk into the department on Tuesday which is predominantly Leeds, no one will say 'congratulations on stay up BUT how pathetic are you for taking until the day before to sell out your allocation' and none of the Leeds fans ever tell me 'well we are shit but you know what, we have awesome away support'.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:30:59 am by Jenny »

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 02, 2014, 08:27:14 am by andysly »
I'd imagine our away following as a percentage of home attendance ranks quite highly in the division, and has been that way for years.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 02, 2014, 08:28:15 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
For me it's not embarrassment, it's disappointment.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 02, 2014, 08:41:46 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

Pathetic!

Let me guess, you're single and the only commitment you have is paying your parents a tenner a week board, which you blag back on a Monday?

Thanks for your concern, Filo.  :kiss:

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 02, 2014, 08:47:27 am by colincramb »
Factor in its a bank holiday. A lot of people like to get away from the shit hole that is Doncaster and the stress of work for a few days!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 02, 2014, 08:48:59 am by hoolahoop »
For me it's not embarrassment, it's disappointment.

Look there will be 2,000 committed hardcore supporters from a small club that punches way above it's weight.....that should never be a disappointment.
We are not Liverpool, Man U/Citeh etc.

Just be proud that we exist at all and enjoy yourself. This away crowd at Leicester is twice the size of some of our home attendances back in the Conference days.

Most supporters of other teams throughout the League are aware of our exploits over the last 10-15 years and many look up to not only what our club stands for but the decency of our lads and lasses.

Be proud , you have every reason to be so and the day could yet be ours. Supporting the Rovers is NEVER dull !
 :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012