Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:36:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last 230 Leicester tickets  (Read 10308 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Last 230 Leicester tickets
« Reply #30 on May 02, 2014, 08:52:11 am by hoolahoop »
Factor in its a bank holiday. A lot of people like to get away from the shit hole that is Doncaster and the stress of work for a few days!!

Doncaster is not a shithole, where do you go in the Borough.
I hope you meant that in jest ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 02, 2014, 08:58:05 am by GazLaz »
Factor in its a bank holiday. A lot of people like to get away from the shit hole that is Doncaster and the stress of work for a few days!!

Have you been into the town centre recently? It's tragic.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 02, 2014, 08:58:31 am by Filo »
People who get embarrassed by how many tickets the football club they support sells really need to get a grip on life.

It's the last game of the season, it's a massive game for DRFC - up there with Brentford, Stoke, Wembley (as Wellens has said), Cardiff, yet we STILL haven't sold out!

The Doncaster public need to get a grip on life. Honestly, I talk to blokes at work on a Monday after every game regards performances (mainly home games) and get asked about performances regards away games. All week at work I've had 'Are you going Leicester?" to which I reply "Of course, silly question!", I ask some DRFC fans "Are you going Leicester?", to which they reply "Nah!"

Pathetic!

Let me guess, you're single and the only commitment you have is paying your parents a tenner a week board, which you blag back on a Monday?

Thanks for your concern, Filo.  :kiss:

I'm not concerned for you, I just think your life must be pretty empty to berate others for not doing what you're doing, when they probably have n't the disposable income you have.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 02, 2014, 09:00:48 am by colincramb »
Not in jest at all, the place, specifically the town centre is a disgrace. Have you been in on a Saturday morning/afternoon recently? If not I suggest you take a visit

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 02, 2014, 09:09:26 am by hoolahoop »

Yes and IMO it's not. Have you tried other town centres or looked to see what's available in the Borough.
You have to question just why it is that the Borough Is high up on the Tourist trail these days.
What do we lack in town BTW is it decent pubs, eateries, fine architecture, buildings, shops as we have all of them in spades ?
We have outside the town one of the leading racecourses in the country, Yorkshire Wildlife Park, Airport, Dome , fine country houses do I need to go on ?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 02, 2014, 09:12:02 am by graingrover »
Donny Market is a place to be proud of and the Corn Exchange in particular. Our away following is also something the club and town can be proud of.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 02, 2014, 09:13:58 am by hoolahoop »

Not in jest at all, the place, specifically the town centre is a disgrace. Have you been in on a Saturday morning/afternoon recently? If not I suggest you take a visit

I regularly go into town on those days of the week ....what am I not seeing that's so disgraceful ?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 02, 2014, 09:16:13 am by BigColSutherland »
Pal of mine played for Yeovil and scored at Belle Vue.

"Ugliest fans I've ever seen in my career" he said.

He was looking in the Main Stand.

Thankfully I always stood on the Pop.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 02, 2014, 09:16:57 am by colincramb »
When I went last Saturday day, all I saw was an abundance of car parks where buildings once stood, boarded up shops, pound land stores, cash converters and pay day loan shops. The term grim doesn't do it justice. Eateries? I suppose if you class kebab, burger bars and cheap Italians then yes. But it's just my opinion, I'm sure people might see it differently

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 02, 2014, 09:18:52 am by hoolahoop »
Donny Market is a place to be proud of and the Corn Exchange in particular. Our away following is also something the club and town can be proud of.

Of course they are amongst many places in the Borough. It seems that however much gets done here it is never enough for the residents and fantastic for most visitors.
There's something deeper in the psyche of Doncastrians when they have no pride in their town and it's team.
Something in the water, passed down genetically ....wtf is it that causes such a malaise ?

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 02, 2014, 09:27:35 am by The Beast »
This is the problem, a lot of people have no pride in the town/football team think the grass is greener on the other side and support other teams from proper shit holes like Leeds and Sheffield. The problems in Doncaster town centre are the same in every town centre caused by changes in consumer spending, with the rise in the internet and out of town retail parks. Take a good look around Rotherham, Oldham, Rochdale or any town in the midlands and tell me Doncaster's a shit hole.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 02, 2014, 09:31:34 am by hoolahoop »
When I went last Saturday day, all I saw was an abundance of car parks where buildings once stood, boarded up shops, pound land stores, cash converters and pay day loan shops. The term grim doesn't do it justice. Eateries? I suppose if you class kebab, burger bars and cheap Italians then yes. But it's just my opinion, I'm sure people might see it differently

There are 332 places to eat in Doncaster many listed in the Michelin guide. The buildings you refer to have all been upgraded elsewhere i.e. cinemas
As for poundland shops, etc . they can be found in every town and city in the country . Btw there are very few of them to be found in the fine Frenchgate, Outlet shopping centres etc. You are patently only seeing the bad and not the good that this town and Borough can provide.
Personally I'm very proud of most if not all the things that have improved facility wise in this town since I was a lad.
Then it was grim, I only mourn the loss of Cuttriss my favourite toy shop :(

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 02, 2014, 09:59:33 am by IDM »
For me it's not embarrassment, it's disappointment.

Why?  If we don't sell out it will only be because there is a handful of tickets left when we stop selling, and folks can't get the opportunity to buy them, or believe they are all sold so won't bother.

Bearing in mind we only have what Leicester have provided, and if we fill it, how the hell is that disappointing?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 02, 2014, 10:30:35 am by Padge_DRFC »
There is over a 100 left so surely this means if people want to stand where they want etc this will be fine now? It's just like any other away game where this happens. In fact I've been to Leicester when they allocated just short of a 1000 and we filled it and everyone went where they wanted.

I would imagine this would also help people who struggle to walk etc if they've been allocated say row 42.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 02, 2014, 10:56:38 am by BigColSutherland »
There is over a 100 left so surely this means if people want to stand where they want etc this will be fine now?

Nope.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 02, 2014, 11:09:27 am by Padge_DRFC »
There is over a 100 left so surely this means if people want to stand where they want etc this will be fine now?

Nope.

Fair enough. Are you one of those people if someone gets out their seat for 4 seconds you demand they immediately sit back down? Get used to it tomorrow.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 02, 2014, 11:17:46 am by Donnybax »

Nope.
you'll have no view of the game tomorrow then  :thumbsup:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 02, 2014, 11:35:01 am by BigColSutherland »

Nope.

Fair enough. Are you one of those people if someone gets out their seat for 4 seconds you demand they immediately sit back down? Get used to it tomorrow.

Nope. But thanks for asking.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 02, 2014, 11:35:27 am by ravenrover »

There are 332 places to eat in Doncaster many listed in the Michelin guide. The buildings you refer to have all been upgraded elsewhere i.e. cinemas
As for poundland shops, etc . they can be found in every town and city in the country . Btw there are very few of them to be found in the fine Frenchgate, Outlet shopping centres etc. You are patently only seeing the bad and not the good that this town and Borough can provide.
Personally I'm very proud of most if not all the things that have improved facility wise in this town since I was a lad.
Then it was grim, I only mourn the loss of Cuttriss my favourite toy shop :(
You want grim, try Mansfield any day any time.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 02, 2014, 12:14:47 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Majority of London is not far of visiting a shanty town. Doncaster is good compared to a lot of places. Everyone outside Doncaster say the night out is brilliant.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 02, 2014, 12:23:33 pm by BigColSutherland »
Majority of London is not far of visiting a shanty town.
Having visited both I can assure you that you are wrong.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 02, 2014, 12:33:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Majority of London is not far of visiting a shanty town.
Having visited both I can assure you that you are wrong.

I probably exaggerated a fair bit tbf

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 02, 2014, 12:49:48 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
People who get embarrassed by how many tickets the football club they support sells really need to get a grip on life.

It's the last game of the season, it's a massive game for DRFC - up there with Brentford, Stoke, Wembley (as Wellens has said), Cardiff, yet we STILL haven't sold out!

The Doncaster public need to get a grip on life. Honestly, I talk to blokes at work on a Monday after every game regards performances (mainly home games) and get asked about performances regards away games. All week at work I've had 'Are you going Leicester?" to which I reply "Of course, silly question!", I ask some DRFC fans "Are you going Leicester?", to which they reply "Nah!"

Pathetic!

Let me guess, you're single and the only commitment you have is paying your parents a tenner a week board, which you blag back on a Monday?

Thanks for your concern, Filo.  :kiss:

I'm not concerned for you, I just think your life must be pretty empty to berate others for not doing what you're doing, when they probably have n't the disposable income you have.

Once again, thanks for your interest in my disposable income, Filo. It means the world to me.  :kiss:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 02, 2014, 12:50:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Aye, London is sub-Shanty Town.

neil grainger

« Reply #54 on May 02, 2014, 12:51:30 pm by neil grainger »
If we take 2,000 I'm neither embarrassed nor disappointed - I think that's an excellent following.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 02, 2014, 12:57:38 pm by rover-n-out »
I have no problems with my home town and am proud to be a Doncastrian, yes there are a number of stores with the shutters down in the town centre, but I have travelled a lot to other towns in the UK, and believe me Doncaster is far from being tagged as a shithole.
I've worked in Stoke quite a lot over the years, and although I've only been there a few hours each time, that place really depresses me. The housing and empty Industrial buildings should have been demolished years ago.
Take a ride round the outskirts of the town centre of Nottingham, and especially Leicester, it's filthy, with discarded junk dumped on street pavements all over the bloody place.

Hoola is right to be singing the praises of our home town, we do have a great deal to be proud of.

Just go on the website of the newly refurbished Rossington Hall Hotel and gardens, it's absolutely stunning, and boasts luxury in Victorian style of that day. The magnificent Staircase and Ballroom are something to behold. Would love to treat my missus to a weekend stay there, although it would have to be a real special occasion as it ain't cheap. Poundland it most definitely isn't.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 02, 2014, 01:07:23 pm by ravenrover »
I have no problems with my home town and am proud to be a Doncastrian, yes there are a number of stores with the shutters down in the town centre, but I have travelled a lot to other towns in the UK, and believe me Doncaster is far from being tagged as a shithole.
I've worked in Stoke quite a lot over the years, and although I've only been there a few hours each time, that place really depresses me. The housing and empty Industrial buildings should have been demolished years ago.
Take a ride round the outskirts of the town centre of Nottingham, and especially Leicester, it's filthy, with discarded junk dumped on street pavements all over the bloody place.

Hoola is right to be singing the praises of our home town, we do have a great deal to be proud of.

Just go on the website of the newly refurbished Rossington Hall Hotel and gardens, it's absolutely stunning, and boasts luxury in Victorian style of that day. The magnificent Staircase and Ballroom are something to behold. Would love to treat my missus to a weekend stay there, although it would have to be a real special occasion as it ain't cheap. Poundland it most definitely isn't.
How dare you come on here slagging off the city I unfortunately live near, I am very capable of doing that myself. Nottingham MY God what a tip the town centre never mind the outskirts, is getting. Lived down here for nearly 25 years and the way it has gone downhill since we first arrived is, well, to put it unbelievable!! It is very strange to hear anyone speaking English "darn tarn", many seem to be of Eastern Europe origin.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 02, 2014, 01:12:57 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I love our fans

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 02, 2014, 03:16:56 pm by Woodhead Passer »
No more tickets available. Sold 1917 tickets  :scarf:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 02, 2014, 03:26:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
That's that done with then, Next step - MAKE SOME NOISE!
 :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:  :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012