Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:28:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cardiff City very odd  (Read 2700 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Cardiff City very odd
« on May 13, 2014, 10:32:34 am by wing commander »
   Does anybody else find this all a bit strange..When Moody was sacked closely followed by Malky there was a outpouring of sympathy for what they had to endure verbally from the eccentric Mr Tan....The Cardiff fans were outraged,the league managers association came out and backed the managers to a higher level than normal and legal proceedings commenced..I have knowledge of legal matters and frankly on the face of it they looked to have a watertight case for constructive/unfair dismissal....

Roll on a few months and suddenly they both issue statements praising Tan and unreservedly apoligise to him and Cardiff and have accepted a settlement of diddly squat..Tan happily starts blaming them for relegation and they don't utter a word back..You would assume there legal team have advised them to do this...Clearly a lot more happened than we are aware of...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
Re: Cardiff City very odd
« Reply #1 on May 13, 2014, 10:36:45 am by BigColSutherland »
I suspect Malky said what he had to to put the matter behind him and free himself up for other jobs. His settlement would have been substantial.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 13, 2014, 10:47:18 am by Dare to dream! »
Im guessing Malky didn't want to go through the court process as it might hinder him getting a new job. Therefore he's taken the out of court settlement so he can move on quicker. There is rumoured to be a few prem jobs becoming available soon West Ham &  last night WBA would interest him im guessing

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 13, 2014, 12:14:03 pm by wing commander »
I'm not convinced...A settlement is one thing although its widely been reported as nothing...but to unreservedly apoligise (both of them) bring integrity and principle into it...I still think theres a duck in the hedge somewhere here...

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 13, 2014, 08:58:22 pm by RJHeader »
Vincent Tan clearly wants to look asif he has the 'upper hand' and was always right. Therefore will of said, 'i will give you this hefty settlement package if you apologise profusely to me in the media' job done.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 13, 2014, 10:05:46 pm by Beerseller »
I'm with Wing Commander on this one.  It seems obvious that the unreserved apologies were part of a settlement but since it looked like McKay had a nailed on case, why didn't he just tell Tan to eff off with his settlement terms and go through the legal process?.....unless of course, Mr McKay has something to hide which would have come out in that process.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 14, 2014, 10:27:10 am by RJHeader »
Maybe he wanted it all behind him and Tan offered him a package he couldnt really refuse?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 14, 2014, 10:47:17 am by wing commander »
  Interesting that nobody seems to believe all the reports that no money was paid to Mackay or Moody...He's not short of a few bob already so it would take a lot for me to abandon my integrity and principles to a man who had questioned those very ideals..Especially if I had a good case....

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 14, 2014, 11:56:16 am by DRNaith »
Mr Tan clearly has a few packs of negatives tucked away in a safe somewhere   :whistle:

Allegedly

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 14, 2014, 06:45:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
  Interesting that nobody seems to believe all the reports that no money was paid to Mackay or Moody...He's not short of a few bob already so it would take a lot for me to abandon my integrity and principles to a man who had questioned those very ideals..Especially if I had a good case....

Cardiff are not short really they received £62m TV cash payout, plus £60m parachute payments. But it's not worth getting promoted to the premiership!!!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2014, 11:05:10 am by Wild Rover »
I don't think anyone ever suggested it was not worth it. More that the investment level, 20,30,40 million was unlikely to achieve  premiership status. Having said that, I don't remember Blackpool, Palace, Burnley x2 , Barnsley, and a few others putting in that level of investment to get there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2014, 11:13:30 am by silent majority »
We shouldn't fall into the trap of believing that the investment level often mentioned was accurate. It wasn't. In fact it was so far away from those reported levels to be laughable.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2014, 11:22:15 am by Wild Rover »
Martin,

This will be the third stupid question you have fielded so far today.

How are you sure that the level of investment was so far removed from reality it was laughable.

Surely only the men or man with the money would know what level it was set at.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 15, 2014, 11:33:42 am by silent majority »
You'll just have to trust me on that one for the time being, hopefully for not much longer.

But do you not think that the people we entrusted to do the right deal for DRFC asked exactly the same questions? The answers to those questions confirmed my earlier statement.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 15, 2014, 11:40:33 am by Wild Rover »
Yes Martin they probably did , and were probably told 20,30,40 million.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 15, 2014, 11:48:17 am by silent majority »
No, that was paper talk.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012