Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:18:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 77796 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #390 on June 03, 2014, 09:02:19 pm by pib »
Wellred.

How simple does it need to be? Neither Ryan not Tomlinson have anything like the money needed to bankroll a Competitive Championship club. So presumably there is someone else involved.

Sad Rover suggested who that was on page 1 of this thread. It hardly takes a genius to have made that guess anyway given that Ryan clearly thinks the world of those people.

And yet, while someone has rushed to the press to blab about Teeth and Hair taking over the club, no-one wants to talk about SC  being involved. Sad Rover himself who has such confidence in his Donny Deep Throat has barely even mentioned the name SC after announcing on p1 that his source told him it was them and it was a done deal. And when pushed on it, he went all coy over his source's trustworthiness.

But anyway, the simple point is that if you REALLY believe that Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal, you're either willingly or unwittingly being played for a dupe.

And where have I said I believe Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal?

I was wondering why he was telling you that.

Wellred, you do know the Easter bunny isn't real, don't you?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #391 on June 03, 2014, 09:04:03 pm by Wellred »
Wellred.

How simple does it need to be? Neither Ryan not Tomlinson have anything like the money needed to bankroll a Competitive Championship club. So presumably there is someone else involved.

Sad Rover suggested who that was on page 1 of this thread. It hardly takes a genius to have made that guess anyway given that Ryan clearly thinks the world of those people.

And yet, while someone has rushed to the press to blab about Teeth and Hair taking over the club, no-one wants to talk about SC  being involved. Sad Rover himself who has such confidence in his Donny Deep Throat has barely even mentioned the name SC after announcing on p1 that his source told him it was them and it was a done deal. And when pushed on it, he went all coy over his source's trustworthiness.

But anyway, the simple point is that if you REALLY believe that Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal, you're either willingly or unwittingly being played for a dupe.

And where have I said I believe Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal?

I was wondering why he was telling you that.

Wellred, you do know the Easter bunny isn't real, don't you?

Awww don't spoil things Pib  :crying: :crying:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on June 03, 2014, 09:07:56 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I can't believe you lot aren't picking up on the most exciting / intresting part of this whole saga:

LT setting up a trust to buy League One club

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646447/One-Direction-star-Louis-Tomlinsons-plans-invest-Doncaster-welcomed-defender-Luke-McCulloch.html

A TRUST fronted by Supporters owning the club. It's about as close to the VSCs aim of Fan Ownership we're ever likely to see...

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #393 on June 03, 2014, 09:11:06 pm by Nudga »
I can't believe you lot aren't picking up on the most exciting / intresting part of this whole saga:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646447/One-Direction-star-Louis-Tomlinsons-plans-invest-Doncaster-welcomed-defender-Luke-McCulloch.html

A TRUST fronted by Supporters owning the club. It's about as close to the VSCs aim of Fan Ownership we're ever likely to see...

The other people aren't fans though!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #394 on June 03, 2014, 09:12:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But hang on Wellred. You say it's not fair for people to be against the deal until they know what the deal is. But then you openly admit that you don't know what the deal is. So how can you be in favour of it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on June 03, 2014, 09:13:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sad.

Now you're using the Mail as a source? 

Give over! You can do better than that.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #396 on June 03, 2014, 09:14:48 pm by Wellred »
But hang on Wellred. You say it's not fair for people to be against the deal until they know what the deal is. But then you openly admit that you don't know what the deal is. So how can you be in favour of it?

Where have I said I am in favour of it?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #397 on June 03, 2014, 09:15:38 pm by Sad-Rovers »

How do you know?

Two of the "others" are at least football fans, an improvement on the current incumbents.

Surely it's easier to invest in a football club when you have an actual interest on who that money brings into the club, rather than just looking at a balance sheet that's invariably red.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #398 on June 03, 2014, 09:16:24 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad.

Now you're using the Mail as a source? 

Give over! You can do better than that.

Behave, comrade BST.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #399 on June 03, 2014, 09:19:29 pm by Nudga »

How do you know?

Two of the "others" are at least football fans, an improvement on the current incumbents.

Surely it's easier to invest in a football club when you have an actual interest on who that money brings into the club, rather than just looking at a balance sheet that's invariably red.

But why DRFC? Why not Wednesday or Leeds?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on June 03, 2014, 09:21:10 pm by Sad-Rovers »
But why DRFC? Why not Wednesday or Leeds?

Dunno. No JR or LT I suppose.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #401 on June 03, 2014, 09:23:00 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Anyway, lighten up you lot. It's given us something to talk about other than Dug Outs ....

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on June 03, 2014, 09:23:24 pm by mushRTID »

How do you know?

How many others are there in addition to JR LT?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on June 03, 2014, 09:23:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think any agreement made on the TO could block SC stepping in later thats the risk!

If JR has put together a 'Trust' to take over the club, then I'd take an educated guess it would not involve SC. Remember SC was the creation of KP after JR sought his help to broker the deal.  IF SC were to be involved then it will be an almighty PR disaster and I hope JR is aware of that. It can't have escaped his notice the fall out from the other Hedge funds involvement with clubs.

I suspect SC is now defunct having failed in his objective.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on June 03, 2014, 09:24:22 pm by Sad-Rovers »

That I'm aware of, 4.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #405 on June 03, 2014, 09:26:24 pm by River Don »

That I'm aware of, 4.

FFS, it's 1 Direction, isn't it?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #406 on June 03, 2014, 09:27:13 pm by Sad-Rovers »

That I'm aware of, 4.

Nope.

Edit: on that note, that's all I'm really prepared to say. This is turning into 20 questions and eventually I'm bound to slip up.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on June 03, 2014, 09:27:54 pm by mushRTID »

That I'm aware of, 4.

Haha.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on June 03, 2014, 09:28:31 pm by Nudga »
A judge?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on June 03, 2014, 09:29:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Apologies. I've jumped to a conclusion on that. My mistake.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #410 on June 03, 2014, 09:30:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #411 on June 03, 2014, 09:31:40 pm by Wellred »

I accept your apology. How far back did you have to search   ;) ;)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on June 03, 2014, 09:33:51 pm by River Don »
Are you in favour of it Wellred?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #413 on June 03, 2014, 09:37:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
About 3 posts Wellred.

You can stop whenever you want now. You've already made Sad Rover's night.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on June 03, 2014, 09:40:04 pm by Wellred »

Ha ha. I am neither for or against at the moment. I cannot influence it either way so it doesn't really matter anyway.

What I will say is that I do not hold the same belief as some on here that the club is currently in the hands of a knight in shining armour, who only has the community at heart.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #415 on June 03, 2014, 09:40:33 pm by Sad-Rovers »
You've already made Sad Rover's night.

Don't flatter yourself, pet.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #416 on June 03, 2014, 09:41:52 pm by Nudga »

Did you type that in a Geordie accent?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #417 on June 03, 2014, 09:43:54 pm by River Don »

Ha ha. I am neither for or against at the moment. I cannot influence it either way so it doesn't really matter anyway.

What I will say is that I do not hold the same belief as some on here that the club is currently in the hands of a knight in shining armour, who only has the community at heart.

You never did answer that other question. Would you have preferred it if TB and DW had never been involved with the club?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #418 on June 03, 2014, 09:52:07 pm by Wellred »

You never did answer that other question. Would you have preferred it if TB and DW had never been involved with the club?

Of course I am pleased they have been involved with the club. That doesn't mean I have to believe they are whiter than white.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #419 on June 03, 2014, 09:52:44 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Did you type that in a Geordie accent?

Why aye.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012