Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:00:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59053 times)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #390 on June 05, 2014, 04:23:29 pm by Wild Rover »
I do not know he lied !. Hey I have not a lot of time for Ryan anyway, never have had, for reasons non DRFC related and DRFC related, as anyone who knows me will tell you. But I certainly don't know he lied.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on June 05, 2014, 04:43:08 pm by Alickismyhero »
I do not know he lied !. Hey I have not a lot of time for Ryan anyway, never have had, for reasons non DRFC related and DRFC related, as anyone who knows me will tell you. But I certainly don't know he lied.

Sorry if I have got you wrong WR but yes I can prove that he said several times that he had sold his shares to SC. Tokyo definely knows it and will not take me on.

It was not only Ryan but his fellow directors also said that they had sold their shares to SC but it showed how ignorant Ryan and the rest were because sales of shares are shown at Companies House and to this date no sale has been recorded. He hadn't sold his shares so therefore he lied.

The only reason I brought this up was that Tokyo made a comment on the lines that Ryan didn't deserve the criticism he gets well in my book he does and there is an easy way to make up.....organise some humble pie.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on June 05, 2014, 05:00:19 pm by Boomstick »
What time are we expecting a possible announcement tomorrow?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on June 05, 2014, 05:04:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
Course he lied. Just as he lied about loaded questions leading him to name O'Brien as involved in the last deal, when he freely offered up that info. You just can't do that nowadays when everything is permanently in the public domain.

I read Goodwin's article in the Free Press. Fair brought a tear to my eye, and the strains of Jerusalem mysteriously started ringing out...

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #394 on June 05, 2014, 05:07:59 pm by Wild Rover »

Sorry if I have got you wrong WR but yes I can prove that he said several times that he had sold his shares to SC. Tokyo definely knows it and will not take me on.

It was not only Ryan but his fellow directors also said that they had sold their shares to SC but it showed how ignorant Ryan and the rest were because sales of shares are shown at Companies House and to this date no sale has been recorded. He hadn't sold his shares so therefore he lied.

The only reason I brought this up was that Tokyo made a comment on the lines that Ryan didn't deserve the criticism he gets well in my book he does and there is an easy way to make up.....organise some humble pie.

If Ryan said he had sold out, then yes he lied. I just have no knowledge of that.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #395 on June 05, 2014, 05:08:11 pm by Tokyos Boot »
I don't think he saw DRFC as a cash cow no, i think he just wanted to do his bit for something he cared about at first... with a potential growth plan once the success started! I doubt he ever expected we'd come as far as we did, and i think he started taking the finances seriously once we moved to KMS and stopped being a 'pub team' and worked on being a known marketed brand.

Its all speculation, i dont want to 'take you on' because the business side of DRFC would be best left to the business people. Who's sold what shares etc. is none of my business, nor something i'd lose sleep over.

I think any speculation that we'll fall into the hands of any corrupt evil tyrant who plans to squeeze the cash out of our (run of the mill) club is paranoid nonsense. (Cue references to Ken Richardson, and the reason we're all so paranoid).

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on June 05, 2014, 05:10:25 pm by Wild Rover »
What time are we expecting a possible announcement tomorrow?

Before Wall Street Opens ( ala Man Utd).

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on June 05, 2014, 05:20:51 pm by Alickismyhero »
Tokyo,
Waffle, waffle he lied and you know it!!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #398 on June 05, 2014, 05:23:12 pm by GazLaz »
Nobody knows the truth so it's hard to know who's lying when.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #399 on June 05, 2014, 05:24:29 pm by PDX_Rover »
JR made 6m when he sold his shares to TB and DW.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on June 05, 2014, 05:25:31 pm by Tokyos Boot »
I believe its called a 'white lie' when you say something to keep people off your case when you know the end result will be for their benefit.

I dont understand why anyones response to any questions about any takeover wouldnt be "None of your business, information will go public once the deals are done".

The public political posturing and indulging the inquisitive in the first place was JRs biggest fault.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #401 on June 05, 2014, 05:27:38 pm by Wellred »
Tokyo,

So what if he lied. Are you Mr Perfect? Show me someone who says they have never told a lie and I will show you a lier.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #402 on June 05, 2014, 05:28:54 pm by IDM »
Is anyone else getting bored with this????  14 pages with no real substance on what is going on...

The only way to make money out of a football club is to make it worth more than when you bought it - for us that would be by consistently being in the top end of the championship or even getting to the premier league - then selling.  Otherwise, it is an expensive hobby.  Ideally you get a rich person who is also a fan who is happy to spend his money on his beloved club without thinking of a return on his investment.

It doesn't matter if this is JR, LT, TB, DW or any other investor or any combination.  What will be will be - the current owners have already proven that they will only sell when the circumstances are right.

Let's just wait and see shall we??

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #403 on June 05, 2014, 05:29:52 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Let's just wait and see shall we??

Where's the fun in that?  :laugh:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #404 on June 05, 2014, 05:30:23 pm by Wild Rover »
Not exactly true PDX. He was reunited with *6 million*, he didn't make it. And from recollection he *"Sold" his shares at 30p each, there have never been enough shares in DRFC to give Ryan 6 million*.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #405 on June 05, 2014, 05:38:39 pm by drfc-steve »
Not exactly true PDX. He was reunited with *6 million*, he didn't make it. And from recollection he *"Sold" his shares at 30p each, there have never been enough shares in DRFC to give Ryan 6 million*.

Do people still seriously give PDX a reply? He's done nothing but consistently slag off John Ryan every opportunity he's got, for months now.

PDX is going to be absolutely gutted when John Ryan comes back and he realises the current lot have sold up to people he and a few others thought were "bad news" and who the club would "never sell up to".

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #406 on June 05, 2014, 05:41:42 pm by Alickismyhero »
Tokyo,

So what if he lied. Are you Mr Perfect? Show me someone who says they have never told a lie and I will show you a lier.

The point you seemed have missed WRed is Tokyo made a statement along the lines of Ryan gets unjust criticism. I responded by saying that he does deserve it by pointing out the lies he told to mislead everyone to get his evil way. I was not setting B&W( or myself) up as angles just that they come out of that debacle better because they never sort to deceive with the same tactics, lies.

Whether I am an habitual liar or not is irrelevant to the point raised.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on June 05, 2014, 05:45:44 pm by NickDRFC »
Haha John Ryan is evil! I think I've just wandered into Harry Potter world!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on June 05, 2014, 05:54:53 pm by wilts rover »
Catching up on the past 3 pages of this thread I am not sure where I have wandered but it is a lot more bizarre than Harry Potter. A cross between Game of Thrones, Alice in Wonderland and Machiavelli is my best guess.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on June 05, 2014, 05:58:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't think he saw DRFC as a cash cow no, i think he just wanted to do his bit for something he cared about at first... with a potential growth plan once the success started! I doubt he ever expected we'd come as far as we did, and i think he started taking the finances seriously once we moved to KMS and stopped being a 'pub team' and worked on being a known marketed brand.

Its all speculation, i dont want to 'take you on' because the business side of DRFC would be best left to the business people. Who's sold what shares etc. is none of my business, nor something i'd lose sleep over.

I think any speculation that we'll fall into the hands of any corrupt evil tyrant who plans to squeeze the cash out of our (run of the mill) club is paranoid nonsense. (Cue references to Ken Richardson, and the reason we're all so paranoid).

Forgive me, but I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

You said that literally everyone who gets involved in football does so to make money out of it. When I asked you if that included Ryan, you said of course it did. Now you're saying that he didn't get involved to make money out of it but we became bigger than he expected and then started to take the finances more seriously. Which, so far as I cn see, resulted in us running up the biggest yearly debts in the club's history, which was underwritten largely by Bramall and Watson.

And now you're saying that we should relax about who is involved in any deal because no-one would make money out of TLOD.

Do you see my confusion? Or am I missing something in what you said?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #410 on June 05, 2014, 05:59:37 pm by Sad-Rovers »
It has taken a turn for the surreal...

In an alternate universe the evil megalomaniac John Ryan fleeces innocent racing horse enthusiast Ken Richardson for his beloved football club and then cons the only squeaky clean property developers in the western world into buying in, only then to sink his evil claws into the boy hero, Louis Tomlinson...

Which superhero can help us to defeat JR and his evil plans? Only the aptly named Alickismyhero!

:suicide:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #411 on June 05, 2014, 06:03:47 pm by PDX_Rover »

Then I stand corrected, although my understanding was that he made a tidy profit....

"Do people still seriously give PDX a reply? He's done nothing but consistently slag off John Ryan every opportunity he's got, for months now.

PDX is going to be absolutely gutted when John Ryan comes back and he realises the current lot have sold up to people he and a few others thought were "bad news" and who the club would "never sell up to".

Steve, whoever you are... If you think my opinions on here about JR are slagging him off then you're entitled to think that. I couldn't give a flying f**k. Selective reading I think.

I admire John Ryan a great deal and what he has put into DRFC and the journey he has taken us on. Beyond our wildest dreams TBH. I've given him kudos for that many many times. Like many of us, I love him for keeping us afloat. He's an infectious personality but not infallible. But it's easy to just see the negative stuff I've written of course. I'm sure John is not in the least hurt or could give a toss what I think.

I'm just a supporter who has reason to believe that he's not always been 100% straight with the facts - and that has been borne out hasn't it, although these little white lies are now being explained as being OK....

If it does emerge that TB and DW have sold to SC or any deal involving Phelan, I will be bitterly disappointed, unless they can show a clear reason for doing so that benefits the long term security and legacy of Rovers, and won't out us into a boom/bust scenario.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #412 on June 05, 2014, 06:09:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
Paul Goodwin understands....

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #413 on June 05, 2014, 06:21:30 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Paul Goodwin understands....

Nice edit.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #414 on June 05, 2014, 06:26:04 pm by Alickismyhero »
Tokyo kicked all this off.....Did Ryan lie about selling his shares to SC?

all he had to say was, yes, but he does his best to avoid it with waffle and more waffle.

Does the answer "It was a white lie" put Ryan in a better light? certainly not.

When someone tells one lie then perhaps he can be given the benefit of the doubt but when he comes back and tells more lies then he loses credibility. That's where it ends for me he lost credibility because of the lies.

I too worshipped Ryan but his halo has slipped.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #415 on June 05, 2014, 06:41:38 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Maybe your confused BST because of all the lazy assumptions and paraphrasing you've done again.

We could have this takeover debate and discuss JRs apparent motives till we're blue in the face but the fact of the matter is - it doesnt matter!!!

So you've done some research (googling) and found some dodgy conclusions to jump to about hedge funds and money laundering - do you really think financial analysts and the FA etc. dont have people far more experienced, and intelligent than you do determine where an investment interest lies and why?

Will it affect the rovers? I dont know, i shouldnt imagine so... Either option seems good enough to keep Rovers going strong for the next few seasons and thats all i can ask.

I support the rovers, i moan about how the stadium is run (because it affects me) and how the football might be played but do i care about who fills in the paperwork and if they make money out of us? Not really.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #416 on June 05, 2014, 06:53:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TB

See, you're doing it again. Jumping to conclusions about what you think I think.

My confusion actually entirely revolves around your contorted logic. You are not helping my confusion by your determination to talk about something else entirely every time I ask you a simple question.

Very strange behaviour. But I understand the embarrassment of making a sweeping statement that turns out to be b*llocks. I do it all the time. If you feel that you've said something that, with hindsight, was a bit daft, you can simply put your hands up and say that you got it wrong. There's no shame in that. If instead you run a series of illogical non-sequiturs together and talk about your assumptions of what you think I think, I'm afraid I start to wonder what you have to contribute to a grown-up discussion.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #417 on June 05, 2014, 06:55:16 pm by Tokyos Boot »
I think the easiest way to summarise is this:

I dont care what your opinion of JR or Mike Phelan or the takeover or DW or any of it is... Peddle as many facts as you like, it wont change my personal opinion.
Just the same as you dont care what my opinion is about these people or the TO is, so i have literally no interest whatsoever investing my time in this meaningless debate of who knows what best, who can be the biggest condescending smartarse (i dont stand a chance against you BST) because it changes nothing.

What i do care about, and the reason i ever waded into this sticky swamp of bile is that my opinion is being misrepresented by the VSC and the small percentage of our fanbase that post on here... Even as a 'non member' the vsc acts as a sort of platform vlby which to gauge supporters feelings and opinions - and mine (ill informed or not) contrast the one the VSC has publically pedalled.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #418 on June 05, 2014, 06:57:41 pm by The Red Baron »
I think the easiest way to summarise is this:

I dont care what your opinion of JR or Mike Phelan or the takeover or DW or any of it is...

Bloody hell, I didn't know the former Man United assistant manager was involved.  ;)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #419 on June 05, 2014, 06:58:10 pm by Tokyos Boot »
In my opinion i dont believe grown up discussions happen all too often on internet forums, especially not where you are concerned.

You'll notice i dont really debate my opinion on anything but the PR activities of the VSC because i prefer to discuss my opinions with my friends, in real life.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012