Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:36:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59060 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #420 on June 05, 2014, 07:10:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TB

In still confused. Does that last comment mean you DO think Ryan is trying to make money out of the club or you DON'T?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #421 on June 05, 2014, 08:02:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
See TB, I'm struggling in something else.

In one post you insist that what we think or say about Ryan's motives or about a takeover makes no difference. On the immediately following one, you say that you waded into this pit because you disagreed with the way that the opinions of the fans on Ryan's motives and the takeover was being misrepresented.

I know you have passionate feelings on this. I'm just not sure what they are, because they seem to change 180 degrees from post to post.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #422 on June 05, 2014, 08:11:09 pm by Alickismyhero »
Billy,

you are wasting your time its a load of waffle to avoid giving an answer.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #423 on June 05, 2014, 08:12:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Alick

Aye, I've noticed. But I am genuinely interested in why he comes on here with such passionate opinions, contradicts himself and then flounces off when asked about it. Three times it's happened now in my interactions with him.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #424 on June 05, 2014, 08:17:14 pm by bobjimwilly »
Alick

Aye, I've noticed. But I am genuinely interested in why he comes on here with such passionate opinions, contradicts himself and then flounces off when asked about it. Three times it's happened now in my interactions with him.

I'm sure you know the answer Billy?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #425 on June 05, 2014, 08:21:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BJW.

I wouldn't presume to guess.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #426 on June 05, 2014, 08:23:23 pm by Alickismyhero »
Billy,

I put it to him(TB) when he first came on the forum that in fact he was closely connected with Ryan, he denied it.

I did reassure him that it was important to get Ryan's point of view but he denied it.

It just left me feeling that he was attempting to put Ryan's view point across for him and I tried to reassure him that there was nothing wrong with that except the views he put forwarded tended to be waffle.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #427 on June 05, 2014, 08:23:29 pm by PDX_Rover »

Paul Goodwin understands....

Nice edit.

Thanks. Thought the original was too obvious. Have to challenge some of the best minds in football.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #428 on June 05, 2014, 08:27:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
Is it Keith Harris and Cuddles?

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #429 on June 05, 2014, 09:53:55 pm by Tokyos Boot »
My feelings on the takeover or on what happens in JRs mind? ( I can honestly hand on heart tell you i have literally never met the man - i had a phone call off him once when i wrote him a personal thank you letter upon his resignation, thats as far as our cosmic connection goes)....

The takeover is a good thing, someone is wanting to invest in Rovers and has a man who i wholly trust behind it who i believe would not sell us short.

If the takeover doesn't happen we're in a great position too - two men with bags and bags of cash who have shown they are willing to invest and have a stable plan for the future.

My gripe was against the whole kerfuffle that the VSC members kicked off about when being told (legally) to mind their own business. They used this to scaremonger a lot of you easier led supporters and a few power words like 'hedge fund' to turn everyone against someone who, frankly, we don't know anything about the incentives or intentions of.

The VSCs job is to try to protect our club, but in this day and age lets face it - if someone wants to do what they wish, they will - and of course our supporters are entitled to an opinion on that... i just don't feel that the opinion of 'the bubble' on here represented the majority of our support.

So i came here to argue against it.

Im not FOR or AGAINST anything, except the condescending nature of a lot of you on here, and the VSC board members having an opinion on Rovers matters.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #430 on June 05, 2014, 10:00:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TB

You're doing it again. All I did was ask you a question and you've extrapolated a huge thesis of demon-filled menace from it.

Strange behaviour.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #431 on June 05, 2014, 10:09:24 pm by Tokyos Boot »
You've asked me a number of questions BST, which would you like answering?

Shall i do it in crayon or is this typeface easy enough to understand?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #432 on June 05, 2014, 10:12:37 pm by wilts rover »
TB you could have shortened that just by saying anyone who has a different opinion to you is wrong. Or am I being 'easily led' again.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #433 on June 05, 2014, 10:14:05 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Or 'anyone who has a different opinion to this forum is either gang-raped or blocked'

:chair:

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #434 on June 05, 2014, 10:16:05 pm by LincsRover »
Gang raped? Is that meant to be funny?  :facepalm:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #435 on June 05, 2014, 10:17:56 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Gang raped? Is that meant to be funny?  :facepalm:

Statistically 8 out of 10 peop.... nah, not gonna go there....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #436 on June 05, 2014, 10:20:02 pm by Filo »
Or 'anyone who has a different opinion to this forum is either gang-raped or blocked'

:chair:

Why did you slither off into oblivion after the leaked email of the SC takeover bid?

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #437 on June 05, 2014, 10:21:02 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Because, some of us have lives, Filo.

And as i've said - i have no desire to discuss footballing matters, i do that with my friends.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #438 on June 05, 2014, 10:22:51 pm by wilts rover »
This 'forum' doesn't have an opinion, the individual posters on it do. Apparently not a different one to you and your friends tho. Quite a number of the more intersting long term posters have either left or ceased to post as frequently because of your spite and trouble-causing, and yet you think you are some kind of hero. You wont be happy until the forum ceases will you.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #439 on June 05, 2014, 10:24:41 pm by RedJ »
I know how to salvage this thread. What does everybody think of Sean O'Driscoll?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #440 on June 05, 2014, 10:28:19 pm by LincsRover »
I know how to salvage this thread. What does everybody think of Sean O'Driscoll?

Hahahahahahahahaha! Nice one RedJ!    :silly: :silly: :silly:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #441 on June 05, 2014, 10:29:26 pm by Alickismyhero »
TB,
I have to admit I am very disappointed I would rather that you were giving us Ryan's views. The questions you were asked remain unanswered. To argue against points of view you have to answer questions that question why you have that point of view, that's the nature of the forum.

Your views on the VSC/ structure appear to me to way off being accurate its almost like you are throwing anything at them and hoping it will stick and members will follow you in your campaign against the VSC.
I have in the past clashed with SM and Filo but we have sorted the issues out in the end  amicably. I honestly think you have an agenda to damage the individuals and structure of the VSC. am I right? you can tell me I won't tell anyone.

Now if that is the case why not stand for office and show these monster how it should be done as you seem to know exactly whats wrong with it. I think I know the answer.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #442 on June 05, 2014, 10:32:08 pm by Filo »
Because, some of us have lives, Filo.

And as i've said - i have no desire to discuss footballing matters, i do that with my friends.

You had no desire to discuss takeover matters after that email for some reason, even though it rumbled on for a few more weeks.

What you need to do is stop shooting from the hip, as far as I can see no one has stated they ate against this takeover, all I can see ate words of caution and despite your bull in a china shop approach you have neither been gang raped or banned.

What is obviously happening here is certain poster seem to feel the need in their own mind to settle old scores

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #443 on June 05, 2014, 10:38:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TB

Being a solitary kind of bloke with no moderator privileges, I can neither engage in some mass violation, nor block you. I simply asked you whether you thought that Ryan was in the game to make money out of the Rovers. You gave me two answers. One said "Definitely". The other said that you "didn't think he saw the club as a cash cow, no." You followed that up by firing off all sorts of non-sequiturs about Phelan and my Google habits (about which, the least said the better).

I'm not sure which nerve I've touched, but it's clearly a raw one, so I'll stop there.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #444 on June 05, 2014, 10:45:29 pm by Tokyos Boot »
TB

Being a solitary kind of bloke with no moderator privileges, I can neither engage in some mass violation, nor block you. I simply asked you whether you thought that Ryan was in the game to make money out of the Rovers. You gave me two answers. One said "Definitely". The other said that you "didn't think he saw the club as a cash cow, no." You followed that up by firing off all sorts of non-sequiturs about Phelan and my Google habits (about which, the least said the better).

I'm not sure which nerve I've touched, but it's clearly a raw one, so I'll stop there.

Listen, i'm not trying to wage some sort of personal battle against you BST but you always seem to be the one that bites and likes to argue as much as i do...

I stand by both of those statements.

Why would anyone invest in a football team if they didn't think they had something financially to gain from their time? Of course, pride and passion and a love of football and all that but its an expensive hobby if there is no incentive, no matter how unrealistic making money off it is!

Theres no doubt the club is worth a hell of a lot more now than when JR bought it - but (and i can only speculate) i don't think JR ever envisioned it going this far, for this long... i think he was finding a means to an end, a way to contribute at a time when he could afford to, after the embers of a dark time had begun to settle.

Did he think it was an investment? Probably, pick us up a bit and hope something greener became. Did he see DRFC as a cash cow? Probably not - you'd have had to have a hell of an imagination to see what actually followed the Richardson era.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #445 on June 05, 2014, 10:48:53 pm by River Don »
I doubt Rovers is worth a hell of a lot more now than when JR bought it, TB.

I wouldn't want anything to do with Willie McKay but when he said he thought the club was worth nothing, I don't think he was too far wrong.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #446 on June 05, 2014, 10:51:25 pm by LincsRover »

Anyway......this SOD bloke - thoughts???????????

:headbang:

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #447 on June 05, 2014, 10:52:18 pm by Tokyos Boot »
This 'forum' doesn't have an opinion, the individual posters on it do. Apparently not a different one to you and your friends tho. Quite a number of the more intersting long term posters have either left or ceased to post as frequently because of your spite and trouble-causing, and yet you think you are some kind of hero. You wont be happy until the forum ceases will you.

My issue isn't with the forum, as the forum isn't anything to do with the VSC.

And do you know what? Maybe this forum needed shaking up, when i first came on here it was a bunch of people patting each other on the back, agreeing with each others opinions. Diversity and debate are what this forum needed.

I can guarantee more 'long term interesting' posters have been banned from this forum (by VSC Administrators) for diversity and debate than have left because of me.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #448 on June 05, 2014, 11:01:50 pm by wilts rover »

Anyway......this SOD bloke - thoughts???????????

:headbang:

Should have stuck with Penney, we will never get anywhere with his tippy tappy football............

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #449 on June 05, 2014, 11:05:51 pm by wilts rover »

My issue isn't with the forum, as the forum isn't anything to do with the VSC.

And do you know what? Maybe this forum needed shaking up, when i first came on here it was a bunch of people patting each other on the back, agreeing with each others opinions. Diversity and debate are what this forum needed.

I can guarantee more 'long term interesting' posters have been banned from this forum (by VSC Administrators) for diversity and debate than have left because of me.

Go on then. Look back at the posters who were around when you first started posting and who dont post anymore/as frequently. Then contact them and ask them why. You might not like the answer tho.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012