Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:52:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The first 24 hours of the crowd sourcing project.  (Read 23512 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: The first 24 hours of the crowd sourcing project.
« Reply #90 on June 23, 2014, 12:40:28 pm by IDM »
Every contracted senior player at the club suffered a 50 per cent reduction in wages following relegation from the Championship, Dickov revealed. 

Does this sound like a major financial change to anyone or the practical realities of being relegated and the exceptance that failure has to be paid for . 

No, it sounds like prudent financial planning. 

You tell the players, look, this season you're in the championship so you're worth X, which we can afford, but if we go down, you're only worth Y as we will afford less.  No point signing players for 3 years say on championship wages then trying to pay those wages after relegation - plenty of clubs have struggled with that.

The alternative is one-season contracts.  But then, each player would automatically be a free agent in summer.

I wonder if there are pay rises built into contracts if we achieve promotion?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on June 23, 2014, 01:46:34 pm by ravenrover »
Personally I think it should be in every players contract that they should have a reduction in wages for relegation, I think it should be a world wide rule and FIFA should implement it, why reward failure?
Fully agree but only one problem with that Filo, as "everyone" knows it's never the players fault, it's always the Managers!  ;)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 23, 2014, 01:51:57 pm by since-1969 »
Wellred

I can read and it only say they will talk to Copps Wellens . 50% reduction is what it is . I am making an observation , that even though we may have a large budget it will NoT be large enough to attract the calibre of player who can play in the Championship . As well Rovers are doing the "usual  thing" by creating a news item around players who are still available to Rovers and NOT new incumbents . So to re cap.   Same old Same old . Lower the budget more likely loans and not long term signings if your looking build a side to get you up and keep you there!! NO real investment is it!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on June 23, 2014, 02:37:47 pm by wing commander »
     I think what Wellred is implying is that the 50% cut was in the old budget and he may now be able to offer a bit more to keep those players...Of course it's down to Dickov's choice if he wants to spend more of the budget on keeping some of the old guard...And I can see why he would need to offer Wellens a bit more..personally I wouldn't have upped Copps offer but all down to choice...
    The bottom line which nobody can argue with whatever your views on this..Is like any other manager Dickov will spend the full budget if not try for more...So the next month will tell everybody what the level of investment from JR and LT really is..!!!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on June 23, 2014, 02:45:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Wellred

I can read and it only say they will talk to Copps Wellens . 50% reduction is what it is . I am making an observation , that even though we may have a large budget it will NoT be large enough to attract the calibre of player who can play in the Championship . As well Rovers are doing the "usual  thing" by creating a news item around players who are still available to Rovers and NOT new incumbents . So to re cap.   Same old Same old . Lower the budget more likely loans and not long term signings if your looking build a side to get you up and keep you there!! NO real investment is it!

Copps and Wellens aren't mentioned  ;)  but it clearly states he will offer improved terms to keep the better players ( I would imagine Copps and Wellens) so that could even mean putting them back on more or less what they were getting pre 50% reduction!

" Dickov says he will be looking to offer improved terms in order to hang onto the club’s best men"

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on June 23, 2014, 02:54:04 pm by wing commander »
   He did mention them by name in a other interview though implying both would be offered better deals and hoped they would stay as they have indicated that they want too...Then again so did Browny..lol

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on June 23, 2014, 02:55:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
   He did mention them by name in a other interview though implying both would be offered better deals and hoped they would stay as they have indicated that they want too...Then again so did Browny..lol

Fair comment, all I was saying was in relation to the article

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on June 23, 2014, 03:04:35 pm by since-1969 »
   He did mention them by name in a other interview though implying both would be offered better deals and hoped they would stay as they have indicated that they want too

"I spoke to James last week and I’ve been in regular contact with his agent. Say PD
“I spoke to Richie on Thursday. We’re going to sit down shortly and hopefully get something to Richie which makes staying attractive.
Named them both I think !!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:06:39 pm by since-1969 »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on June 23, 2014, 03:30:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »
   He did mention them by name in a other interview though implying both would be offered better deals and hoped they would stay as they have indicated that they want too

"I spoke to James last week and I’ve been in regular contact with his agent. Say PD
“I spoke to Richie on Thursday. We’re going to sit down shortly and hopefully get something to Richie which makes staying attractive.
Named them both I think !!

I refer the honorable gentleman to my previous answer

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on June 24, 2014, 08:24:50 am by Filo »
349 pledges amounting to £54,031 on top of the initial amount JR/LT input. Equivalent to the wages of an good to average L1 player for 11 weeks. Kinda boring news I know but beyond speculation, it's all we have.

It's not about being pro or anti anyone. Can we throw that destructive perspective out of the window please? Asking pertinent questions is the name of the game. If there is a divide, it's between those who go on blind faith and those who like to see solid (as is possible) evidence/actions. The coming weeks will begin to heal that or increase that divide. That is in the hands of the owners.

377 pledges amounting to £557,776 now, it looks like JR, LT or A N Other will have to stump up a fair wedge for the trust to reach it's target

Auntie_Merge

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 24, 2014, 10:30:36 am by Auntie_Merge »
There is an anti article in the Daily Fail today (won't link to it - hate them). Hopefully it will help boost your coffers.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 08, 2014, 11:36:20 am by Yargo »
I know a bloke who is a bit good on the karaoke on tuesday afternoons in The Castle,marketplace.Thinking of asking everyone in there to chip in 10p to hear him sing.I'll use the funds to try and take Rovers over. No club has tried this before
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:01:27 pm by Yargo »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 09, 2014, 02:53:30 pm by Filo »
Apparently we're going to take part in the World Cup some day :)

Louis don't be sad if we didn't hit £2.000.000 We did everything we could do. Nothing is impossible your dream will come true and Doncaster Rovers will take a part in the World Cup someday believe me :)) . Never give up cause your fans will always here for you and they are so proud of you. Me too I agree the others don't refund the money, please keep it .. People who donated until today, just want to help Doncaster.. I wish all the best for you and the club and John too :D lots of love. @ramoos_3

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 09, 2014, 03:23:31 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'd fancy us against Brazil, eithin with our current squad.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 09, 2014, 03:30:42 pm by Filo »

I've lost 1st 11lbs in the last 7 weeks and weigh in at 23st, but even at my heaviest I'd have more movement than Fred last night, truly shocking performance!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 09, 2014, 03:38:46 pm by GazLaz »

I've lost 1st 11lbs in the last 7 weeks and weigh in at 23st, but even at my heaviest I'd have more movement than Fred last night, truly shocking performance!

You're still in better shape than Paddy Kenny looking at his recent pictures.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on July 10, 2014, 07:12:14 am by Muttley »
Has the "topping up" started?

£36k in overnight by my reckoning

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on July 10, 2014, 08:04:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Perhaps so, with 7 days to go it needs a lot more of that to get there.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 10, 2014, 02:54:55 pm by RTID75 »
Therein lies everything that is wrong about the whole crazy money making scheme.
Apparently we're going to take part in the World Cup some day :)

Louis don't be sad if we didn't hit £2.000.000 We did everything we could do. Nothing is impossible your dream will come true and Doncaster Rovers will take a part in the World Cup someday believe me :)) . Never give up cause your fans will always here for you and they are so proud of you. Me too I agree the others don't refund the money, please keep it .. People who donated until today, just want to help Doncaster.. I wish all the best for you and the club and John too :D lots of love. @ramoos_3

Therein lies everything that is wrong about the whole crazy money making scheme.

I was going to post that until I saw it was already up here. It'd be hilarious if it weren't our club involved.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:59:35 pm by RTID75 »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on July 11, 2014, 08:00:55 am by Wild Rover »
4 Pledges ( no idea who ) 34,165 overnight.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 11, 2014, 08:03:13 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
How strange that there's no movement at all yet in two days consecutively we get about the same pushed in overnight.....

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 11, 2014, 08:06:04 am by Wild Rover »
Claire Ryan was 1 ( she says so on twitter ).

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 11, 2014, 08:08:17 am by PDX_Rover »
Well JR did put out a plea on Facebook.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 11, 2014, 08:18:52 am by Filo »

It's obvious whats happening, I just wish they wouldn't act and treat us all like idiots

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 11, 2014, 08:22:24 am by GazLaz »
The money has gone in in the last hour or so. At what time should people put money in? Surely Louis is getting his band mates to put a few quid in.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 11, 2014, 08:27:29 am by Wild Rover »

It's obvious whats happening, I just wish they wouldn't act and treat us all like idiots

I'm not so sure it is obvious Filo, IF Ryan /Tomlinson are topping it up, 35K a night only takes it to a million, and IF they end up topping up to 2 million, they then lose 100K in fees to CF.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 11, 2014, 09:58:08 am by Wellred »
I really don't get why people have a problem with any of this. So lets say JR and LT put £1.5M into this trust and the rest comes from Louis fans etc etc.
Isn't that £500k we wouldn't have got?

Or is that too simplistic?

But then doing that it wouldn't give half the people on here the opportunity to have yet another moan about JR and the takeover.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 11, 2014, 10:03:21 am by Wild Rover »
400K Wellred.  100K to CF. But yes you are correct.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on July 11, 2014, 10:11:51 am by bobjimwilly »
I really don't get why people have a problem with any of this. So lets say JR and LT put £1.5M into this trust and the rest comes from Louis fans etc etc.
Isn't that £500k we wouldn't have got?

Or is that too simplistic?

But then doing that it wouldn't give half the people on here the opportunity to have yet another moan about JR and the takeover.

If this would have happened at any other club, or if TB & DW tried this last season, the "moaners" would be saying the same things, and I've got a sneaky feeling you would have joined in.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on July 11, 2014, 10:22:33 am by Dare to dream! »
That is suspicous. Ive been off work the last few days and watched it through the day and the dotions have been dead! Then big donations overnight, could be legit but im not sure now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012