Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:50:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The first 24 hours of the crowd sourcing project.  (Read 23516 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: The first 24 hours of the crowd sourcing project.
« Reply #31 on June 21, 2014, 09:35:12 pm by Wellred »
There is no target just another way of getting they lost from the Season ticket sales that all went to patient form .

I would be very careful making accusations like that if I was you.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 21, 2014, 09:42:40 pm by Dare to dream! »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/one-directions-louis-tomlinson-charging-3738988

f**king hell this is ridculous! Seems to me we've got all our eggs in one basket when it comes to raising money from LT profile.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 21, 2014, 10:00:16 pm by Wellred »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/one-directions-louis-tomlinson-charging-3738988

f***ing hell this is ridculous! Seems to me we've got all our eggs in one basket when it comes to raising money from LT profile.

For goodness sake take the blinkers off read it properly stop and think and maybe look further into it than you have.

Surely this is just an extension of the clubs marketing department but using LT's profile to raise extra income?

Everyone is quick to moan about the clubs Marketing department but when the club (under new owners) try something different you still find fault.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 21, 2014, 10:08:17 pm by since-1969 »
There is no target just another way of getting they lost from the Season ticket sales that all went to patient form .

Ask yourself this , upto this deal who was running the club and taking ALL the season ticket money . The deal goes through they then
have get the money rolling in again . It all sounds fantastic they way it has been sold but when boils down its just a very dramatic way of getting supporters to part with even More money. I'm all for a cash injection and I suppose it's an usual way to do it , but make no mistake it there is a huge cash short fall in the run up to the season starting. JR LT are NOT going part with any more than can
Be afforded .

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 21, 2014, 10:10:44 pm by since-1969 »

Ask yourself this , upto this deal who was running the club and taking ALL the season ticket money Patient Form . Then this deal goes through they then have to get the money rolling in again . It all sounds fantastic they way it has been sold but when boils down its just a very dramatic way of getting supporters to part with even More money. I'm all for a cash injection and I suppose it's an usual way to do it , but make no mistake it there is a huge cash short fall in the run up to the season starting. JR LT are NOT going part with any more than can be afforded . Good luck to them .

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 21, 2014, 10:25:02 pm by drfc1951 »
Idont think Patienceform have just dissappeared with all the money.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 22, 2014, 01:28:05 am by Dare to dream! »
Someone just pledged 12k!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 22, 2014, 08:08:39 am by Glyn_Wigley »

f***ing hell this is ridculous! Seems to me we've got all our eggs in one basket when it comes to raising money from LT profile.

For goodness sake take the blinkers off read it properly stop and think and maybe look further into it than you have.

Surely this is just an extension of the clubs marketing department but using LT's profile to raise extra income?

Everyone is quick to moan about the clubs Marketing department but when the club (under new owners) try something different you still find fault.

But will it be enough to cover the £3mill+ that TB & DW covered the deficit with that has now gone? And that's just to stand still as we are at the moment...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 22, 2014, 08:21:40 am by Wellred »

But will it be enough to cover the £3mill+ that TB & DW covered the deficit with that has now gone? And that's just to stand still as we are at the moment...

But is that what is was set up for? Or is it just an extra revenue stream?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 22, 2014, 08:27:37 am by hoolahoop »
I'm not sure because no-one has informed the supporters of this club exactly what is happening !
That's not a promising start is it ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 22, 2014, 08:29:01 am by Bentley Bullet »
So to summarise,  are some of you suggesting that TB and DW have sold out to a buyer with dodgy intentions, contrary to what's suggested they would not do?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 22, 2014, 08:35:48 am by dknward2 »
Tbh i believe this to be an extra revenue stream to tap into LT fans problem is it seems to be at odds with IRWT type of stuff, I'm not against it but it needed to be explained better to the rest of us i.e season ticket holders and fans that have been here before LT came along.
If this money is extra to what was already going to be put in then fine, but if this is so they dont have to put as much of there own money in then thats not right

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 22, 2014, 08:42:47 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Don't know. I've not heard anyone categorically deny that's it not actually raising the cash just to buy the club from TB & DW in the first place - in which case it's not a revenue stream at all. Except for JR & LT.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 22, 2014, 08:57:29 am by jonnydog »
Everything is speculation until someone decides to do the honourable thing and officially make a statement to iron out all our questions/concerns/worries etc...

I honestly thought we'd have heard more specifics by now, obviously not in depth details, but a bit more than what has been offered!

I think the moving on of Browny and Duffy has exacerbated the situation in quite a few fans eyes. Whereas I am usually one to see how things pan out and may even be guilty of having a bit of blind faith in the hope that those associated with our club do not want to see it fail, or look like a joke, I don't think it would be a bad thing for all involved if we heard news of some contracts signed and/or maybe a new signing or two.

Whilst everything is hazy, then rumour and speculation will continue to snowball I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:40:12 pm by jonnydog »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 22, 2014, 08:58:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
So to summarise,  are some of you suggesting that TB and DW have sold out to a buyer with dodgy intentions, contrary to what's suggested they would not do?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 22, 2014, 09:08:52 am by hoolahoop »

Everyone is quick to moan about the clubs Marketing department but when the club (under new owners) try something different you still find faul hi
t.

Someone knows but doesn't care to let anyone know at least not for the moment

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 22, 2014, 10:08:54 am by andy didcott »
Hopefully there will be a ' meet the owners meeting' before the season kicks off.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 22, 2014, 11:09:10 am by River Don »

I believe they sold out to buyers who they believe have ambition and good intentions.

There are two contrasting views of the club should be run, either as sustainably as possible with a limited subsidy over a long period or a full blooded attempt to take the club as far as possible as quickly as possible.

The latter approach has won out, JR and LT have obviously convinced them that they will put their money where their mouth is, in an attempt to deliver success quickly. However, just because the KM2 handed control of the club to them doesn't necessarily mean they now believe this approach is correct, I would like to bet they still think they went the right way about it.

Some supporters may have concerns that when it comes to the practicality of raising the funds and delivering on the promises, JR and LT are over optimistic. JR says you have to be optimistic and have ambition.

I think we should all wait and see what transpires before criticising this approach.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:52:50 am by River Don »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 22, 2014, 11:29:13 am by GazLaz »
53k now.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 22, 2014, 11:37:27 am by since-1969 »
What will happen next season ! If the club are promoted ( here's hoping) will season ticket price reflect the clubs ambitions as regards to player signings or will the crowd ownership scheme be required to do its thing and have another fund raising or is the current one perpetual  because something has reflect the true earning potential of the DRFC in hard cash . It doesn't seem to matter who runs the club the ambitions of EVERYONE involved is limited to a their own personal financial ceiling and to pretend that this  merry go round of ambition with no income streams along with spending beyond its earnings just can't sustain a the club UNLESS someone is prepared to just blindly throw money at the club and cross it's fingers it got this attempt right. I love this club but I'm loosing touch in why I care so much . how many of us have though ( if only win the lottery id give some to The Rovers ) I think that's what it's come down to  , fantasy beyond reality . It maybe time for us all to have reality check ...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:54:01 am by since-1969 »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 22, 2014, 11:59:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
53k now.

In other words, the rate of pledges over the past 5 days is about 18% of what it needs to be over the next 25 days in order to hit the target.

Schoolgirls of the World. Time to dig deep and make your pledges.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 22, 2014, 12:00:58 pm by hoolahoop »
53k now.

Great only £ 1,447,000 to go.......no problem ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 22, 2014, 12:08:52 pm by Filo »
53k now.

Great only £ 1,447,000 to go.......no problem ;)

Aye, the £10k and £12k pledges have really got it going eh?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 22, 2014, 12:11:11 pm by River Don »
A quick scan on the web reveals 1D latest album has sold something like 5million copies. It's probably many more.

At this point the Trust has attracted just 338 pledges, it's beginning to look like LT's fan loyalty only stretches so far.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 22, 2014, 12:12:36 pm by Muttley »
Just had a look at Louis Tomlinson's Twitter and, apart from his original announcement of the scheme, all he's done since to promote the crowdfunding is to retweet a couple of pledges.

Hardly giving it the hard sell to his 16.7million followers.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 22, 2014, 12:13:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Heard they all prefer Niall anyway.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 22, 2014, 12:15:30 pm by Wellred »
Maybe it will take time to filter through to the many 1D fans. I assume they don't all read the VSC forum?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 22, 2014, 12:17:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
http://forums.onedirection.net/

Not much on there about it. I feel dirty just looking on there. :lol:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 22, 2014, 12:18:56 pm by GazLaz »
The three wise men straight in there, bish, bash, bosh. You don't have to try and convince me they won't make, I don't think they will, the difference is I hope they do where as there are plenty on here willing it to fail.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012