Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:13:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positive news from the CEO  (Read 3109 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

weststander

• VSC Member
Re: Positive news from the CEO
« Reply #1 on June 29, 2014, 09:07:14 am by weststander »
Yes it is. It certainly answers a number of questions/concerns which we're raised on this site

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 29, 2014, 09:10:36 am by Wellred »
It is a great read however I imagine some posters on here will still not believe the content of it.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 29, 2014, 09:11:24 am by CottyRover »
My worry about the takeover was that the family ethos and the pub team having a laugh might be lost. Hopefully this means we build on that and have a bigger budget for players. We can get back to the Championship on a shoestring, but it needs a lot more to stay there, let alone survive in the Premiership. We need to be ambitious and sustainable, sounds like that's what's happening.  :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 29, 2014, 09:12:50 am by Filo »
It is a great read however I imagine some posters on here will still not believe the content of it.

Why would you believe that?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 29, 2014, 09:15:05 am by Wellred »

How about we sit back and wait for comments to come then?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 29, 2014, 09:17:22 am by Nudga »
I just can't wait for the season to start and we can all talk about what's happening on the pitch. I hope something happens this season that will unite everyone again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 29, 2014, 09:20:37 am by Filo »

So, why would you believe that then?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 29, 2014, 09:24:01 am by Wellred »

So, why would you believe that then?

Well for a start maybe none of the vsc brigade not entirely in favour or trusting of the people who are taking over the club have replied to my post some days ago for starters.
Maybe the question I posed was too embarrassing for some.
You can be the first to answer then.....

I think what is baffling many posters is the attitude of certain posters who have been saying for weeks if not months that they trust TB and DW to only sell the club to new owners who will look after the club and carry on the good work they have done.
A case of leaving a sustainable club for the future supporters of DRFC.

Where has that trust gone?

Surely these posters should accept that TB and DW have done exactly what everyone agreed they should do?

What has made so many change their opinions?

Was TB telling lies?
If he is happy with all the details of the takeover why aren't you?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 29, 2014, 09:32:59 am by Nudga »
I don't think I have read anywhere that anyone is unhappy with this takeover. I certainly feel a lot better about it than the last takeover saga. I just want to hear more from JR and LT about their plans for the future and nit just about the crowd funding project.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 29, 2014, 09:42:53 am by Filo »
I'm not  what you seem happy to label the VSC brigade, I make my own judgment and opinions, as I did with the last takeover bid. I am neither for or against the present takeover at the present, I reserve the right to remain skeptical at this moment in time without being constantly lambasted for having an opinion. The noises coming from people within the club are certainly encouraging, but we still have to see any meat on the bones, only time will tell whether these noises are genuine or part of a charm offensive, for the time being I'll remain on the fence thank you very much, actions speak louder than words in my eyes.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 29, 2014, 09:50:19 am by bobjimwilly »
It's all set up to be an exciting season, let's hope it lives up to the hype! :thumbsup:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 29, 2014, 11:10:08 am by silent majority »
Wellred,

You've obviously missed the post I've made on several occasions that states that it's not about personalities. It's about the club first and foremost. The only side we're on is the the side of the club, it's status and position at the heart of the community.

All we've done is ask questions. We asked questions of SC during the last TO and they responded by sending legal letters therefore picking the fight with us. We asked TB and DW the same questions and they responded fully and frankly which garnered our support for their tenure-ship of the club. We will be asking questions of this TO too which is what most rational adults would do.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 29, 2014, 11:14:43 am by Sad-Rovers »
Wellred,

You've obviously missed the post I've made on several occasions that states that it's not about personalities.

You're right SM, it's not about personalities. That's why it's so surprising that when people ask questions of the VSC they're accused of having an agenda. Shouldn't it cut both ways?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 29, 2014, 01:16:52 pm by River Don »
A very encouraging read that. It's good to see Gavin is so positive about the takeover. I can't wait for the football to start now..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:16:15 pm by River Don »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 29, 2014, 01:17:59 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Same here RD. Be nice to put the boardroom stuff to bed and get on with smashing up this league.  :scarf:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 29, 2014, 01:22:45 pm by Wellred »
Can we not close this forum down until 9th August?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 29, 2014, 01:30:16 pm by Filo »

And be accused of censorship? ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 29, 2014, 01:37:21 pm by jonnydog »
Very good article/interview with GB and excellent timing in my opinion. It just goes to quash all the negatives and explains that everything is staying the same, if not getting better. As he says, some "exciting" signings due any time soon and we have absolutely no reason to doubt this.

Coming from GB too. IMO we have nothing to moan about as fans or as a club. Lets ALL move forward with this and every one be positive...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:20:19 pm by jonnydog »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 29, 2014, 02:24:59 pm by Wellred »

And be accused of censorship? ;)

Yep censor every f****r  :boxing:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 29, 2014, 02:29:04 pm by Copps is Magic »
Heather Small aint got nothing on Baldwin. 11 prouds' in one interview. This cat don't respect the rules.   

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 29, 2014, 03:05:25 pm by graingrover »
In addition .. it seems that Gavin is destined to stay and continue the excellent work he has spearheaded since his appointment as CEO. He is just the man JR needs at his side .. just as important as the other two of the four mentioned. Each one complementing the other and cemented by sensible off the field long term strategies .
          Over to you PD .

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 29, 2014, 04:15:06 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Here's one Wellred have a holiday and start posting again in August that way your blood pressure will cope with the season ahead
 :rolleyes:

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 29, 2014, 05:00:48 pm by albie »
It is difficult to see how GB could say anything else, given his position and the need to have good working relationships.

TBH, it is what anyone would say in the circumstances.

More concerned about the references to Man Utd as a model for development. I don't really know what this means, as DRFC have nothing whatsoever in common with a global brand leader.

Perhaps they are talking about being foreign owned in future, or using any value in the business as a means to secure other business goals....I have no idea what they are on about.
 :s

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 29, 2014, 05:39:01 pm by River Don »
I must admit the reference to the Manchester United model had me scratching my head a bit.

Rovers ought to be thinking more along the lines of emulating Wigan Athletic first, didn't they?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 29, 2014, 06:00:56 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'd say Burnley should the the club we're aiming to emulate rather than Man United!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012