Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:48:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's all gone quiet over where?  (Read 19288 times)

wesisback

• Forum Member
Re: It's all gone quiet over where?
« Reply #30 on July 04, 2014, 11:22:18 am by wesisback »
Agreed Wellred. Best post I've seem on here in an age and even though I have a lot more faith in what's happening than Johnathan he highlights a lot of areas still to be revealed in terms of our future.
Either way it's nice to see someone raise their concerns without sly digs or personal jibes.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 04, 2014, 11:24:16 am by Jonathan »
In the main a very sensible post Jonathan, however I would take issue with your point about discontent in the camp. If you mean this forum by "the camp" then fair enough but......................the world doesn't revolve around this forum. It is a very small minority compared to the rest of the clubs supporters.

Sit back and wait and lets see what happens. None of us no matter how much we post are going to change anything.

By "the camp" I meant the playing staff. We started with a very small pool of contracted players, we now have less and it's evident that some of those that remain are uncertain over their futures (e.g. Quinn). Meanwhile nobody has signed a new deal.

I don't care who is to blame for all this, I just want action! Every year people cling to 30th June as if all contractual matters are resolved then. They haven't been.

More importantly, nobody actually knows what this 'takeover' means. Nobody seems to know what's happened, people refer to the 17th July, but nobody knows what that really means or what's supposed to happen thereafter. Things don't just fall into place and, with the best will in the world, JR and LT do not have the money to back up the words, nor does the fund. So at risk of sounding like a broken record, and in the simplest possible terms, what's going on?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:26:17 am by Jonathan »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 04, 2014, 11:28:34 am by bpoolrover »
im sure the people that need to know whats going on do,yes a statement would be nice but would it really change anything

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 04, 2014, 11:33:52 am by Tokyos Boot »
Its a great summary that Jonathan, i appreciate that this is an internet forum and a place for people to air their opinions and disagreements, some positive (most negative), people speculate and fuel rumours, some might be 'in the know', some might just be shit stirring etc...

But in my opinion i don't understand why fans of football clubs, us seemingly more so than others, believe they have the right to demand access to information. At board level, management level, interfering with players etc. Its getting out of hand.

Whats wrong with just being a fan, waiting to see what pans out before sharpening your axe? All the questions of mysterious funding projection plans might be a headache with dubious answers but it isn't our headache to have just yet.

It feels as if we expect a full portfolio of movements, actions and decisions updated in a weekly meeting with the board and manager.... lets remember it is the OFF SEASON: tune in to the world cup for your summer fix of footie and lets see where the money comes from when the time comes.

(My psychic senses are preempting this response: 'You don't really understand the point of a trust do you?'  :zzz:)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 04, 2014, 11:35:37 am by graingrover »
It's significant though  that the people considered as 'needing to know' do not include the  fans' representatives... be it VSC , Supporters club or SLOs.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 04, 2014, 11:39:03 am by Jonathan »
The fans are the biggest stakeholders in any football club.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 04, 2014, 11:40:52 am by Tokyos Boot »
Yeah, the customers are the biggest stakeholders in Tesco too, but you don't see them demanding to see its funding projections and business structure for next term before they buy their tins o' peas do you?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 04, 2014, 11:43:27 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Yeah, the customers are the biggest stakeholders in Tesco too, but you don't see them demanding to see its funding projections and business structure for next term before they buy their tins o' peas do you?

If Tescos went bust I'd go to Asda. I have no emotional stake in Tescos.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 04, 2014, 11:46:07 am by River Don »
im not quite sure why people are worried,as many people said tb and dw would never put the the club at risk and would only sell if its in the best intrest of drfc,now the same people who said that are now questioning this takeover that to me makes me think either they were talking rubbish about tb and dw or there just trying to stir things up,ryan and lt dont even take over till mid july yet the same people are still stirring things up

I don't think just because TB & DW endorsed it, that it must mean it has to be a surefire success and people should have no concerns at all.

They may have thought it was a good enough idea to try but I doubt they know much about crowd funding or boy bands.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 04, 2014, 11:47:24 am by River Don »

Tescos shareholders are it's biggest stakeholder and you do see them wanting to know about the running of the business.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 04, 2014, 11:52:50 am by Wellred »

Tescos shareholders are it's biggest stakeholder and you do see them wanting to know about the running of the business.

Not the same analogy that was used however.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 04, 2014, 11:57:04 am by River Don »

My point is the Tesco shareholders have an investment in the business, so they want to know about how it is run.

Football fans normally make an investment, an emotional one in their football club. That is why they tend to be concerned about the running of their respective clubs.

The analogy that football fans are just shoppers isn't quite right in my opinion.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 04, 2014, 11:57:14 am by The Red Baron »
Has anyone asked the club to confirm that we will not/cannot sign anyone until the takeover is finalised?

I believe the DFP asked the question to both Baldwin and Dickov last week and got a non-commital answer.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 04, 2014, 12:01:02 pm by Wellred »
Has anyone asked the club to confirm that we will not/cannot sign anyone until the takeover is finalised?

I believe the DFP asked the question to both Baldwin and Dickov last week and got a non-commital answer.

Isn't that the problem though
everybody "believes" something different.

I believe the moon is made out of green cheese..................Well it is isn't it?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 04, 2014, 12:01:24 pm by Jonathan »
It could equally be argued that those with no interest would not be here, and would not be commenting.

There is of course a distinction between asking for board minutes and detailed financial projections, and simply wanting to understand what's going on.

Lest we forget that many on here will have made a not inconsiderable commitment / investment in the form of a season ticket and may be interested as to why, with preseason training underway and just 5 weeks until the competitive action, we can barely field a team and are speaking of Manchester and acting like Melchester.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 04, 2014, 12:03:43 pm by River Don »
Why we can barely field a team and are speaking of Manchester and acting like Melchester.

Lol. Bravo.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 04, 2014, 12:04:00 pm by Tokyos Boot »

My point is the Tesco shareholders have an investment in the business, so they want to know about how it is run.

Football fans normally make an investment, an emotional one in their football club. That is why they tend to be concerned about the running of their respective clubs.

The analogy that football fans are just shoppers isn't quite right in my opinion.

I'd agree, it stinks. But lets be frank - its true. We haven't been treat as fans in the English game for years, peoples emotional attachment, passions and commitment to their teams haven't been nurtured, they have been exploited.

English football is an industry dominated by money and the sooner we all swallowed that bitter pill and stopped thriving on the nostalgia of what it once was the sooner we can all be realistic. Trying to understand the money side of the game will put you right off it, i wouldn't bother!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 04, 2014, 12:05:07 pm by The Red Baron »

When I say "I believe" it is because I know I have seen it but can't provide direct evidence. I'm sure if you trawl back over Mr Goodwin's twitterings in the last week or so you'll find the answer.

Isn't that the problem though
everybody "believes" something different.

I believe the moon is made out of green cheese..................Well it is isn't it?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 04, 2014, 12:06:26 pm by River Don »

I'd agree, it stinks. But lets be frank - its true. We haven't been treat as fans in the English game for years, peoples emotional attachment, passions and commitment to their teams haven't been nurtured, they have been exploited.

English football is an industry dominated by money and the sooner we all swallowed that bitter pill and stopped thriving on the nostalgia of what it once was the sooner we can all be realistic. Trying to understand the money side of the game will put you right off it, i wouldn't bother!

If we suck it up and decide to behave merely as consumers, why aren't we all supporting Man City?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 04, 2014, 12:22:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If you don't want to bother that's your prerogative, but don't denigrate those who do care enough to bother.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 04, 2014, 12:57:33 pm by Alickismyhero »
The fans are the biggest stakeholders in any football club.

Jonathan,

Top man, you managed to put in to words exactly how I feel.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 04, 2014, 01:06:43 pm by Tokyos Boot »

If you don't want to bother that's your prerogative, but don't denigrate those who do care enough to bother.

But how is anyone bothering?

By having a calculated moan-fest on a forum and offering veiled threats?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 04, 2014, 01:09:16 pm by Copps is Magic »

Comparing DRFC to Tesco is where you are going wrong. Have a rethink.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 04, 2014, 01:09:57 pm by Surrey Rover »

But in my opinion i don't understand why fans of football clubs, us seemingly more so than others, believe they have the right to demand access to information. At board level, management level, interfering with players etc. Its getting out of hand.

Whats wrong with just being a fan, waiting to see what pans out before sharpening your axe? All the questions of mysterious funding projection plans might be a headache with dubious answers but it isn't our headache to have just yet.

We did exactly that during the Ken Richardson takeover so its not surprising that our fans more than others will be more curious and want questions answered sooner rather than when it's too late.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 04, 2014, 01:11:02 pm by River Don »
TB

I always thought moaning is part and parcel of being a football fan.

Just listen to the radio phone ins!

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 04, 2014, 01:19:02 pm by Tokyos Boot »
I love a moan as much as the next man (almost definitely more)... but its when that moaning turns into real, physical belief, stress and physical action instead of internet posturing that it becomes a dangerous thing.

A genuine question for debate would be: Do football fans really have any power over the English game anymore?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 04, 2014, 01:22:11 pm by Jonathan »
A genuine question for debate would be: Do football fans really have any power over the English game anymore?

I'm happy to stick with "what's going on?"

I mean at the simplest level! Have we been taken over? Haven't we? What's actually happening?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 04, 2014, 01:26:21 pm by graingrover »
To be a community club you need to start by communicating freely with your community and first and foremost with your existing fan base . Then hopefully you devise means of communicating .. VSC  , Fans Forum, Supporters club , SLO's , IRWT,website and last, and in this case probably least ,with the media . 

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 04, 2014, 01:29:48 pm by goalkick »
Just received news update from keepmoat. It. Says little but there is a highlighted picture of bennett in full attacking flow.somthing to look forward to. :rolleyes:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 04, 2014, 01:33:46 pm by wing commander »
   That's a interesting comment Graingrover...Normally when it comes to that list its the media who get preference...Wether you love him or are now slightly wary of him the one thing we can probably all agree on is that JR's got a liking for flashing those pearly whites in front of the media...Which makes it the more weird,i would have best a small ransom that he would be shouting from the rooftops infront of any microphone that is put under his nose...The fact that he isn't tells me theres a lot more to come on this yet....wether that be good or bad we will have to wait and see.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012