Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:46:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: tim krul  (Read 1882 times)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
tim krul
« on July 05, 2014, 11:49:39 pm by afro goal machine »
Anyone else disgusted with his antics in front of the penalty taker ?
thought he was massively unsporting

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: tim krul
« Reply #1 on July 05, 2014, 11:57:44 pm by Dare to dream! »
I wouldn't do it myself and didn't like it but if i was his manager i'd want him to.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 06, 2014, 12:07:41 am by Spud »
Does the "ungentlemanly conduct" rule not exist anymore? Not heard it mentioned for years tbh.
I was dying for one of the scorers to give him it back.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2014, 12:15:13 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I wonder if a keeper has ever got a red card during a penalty shoot out..?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2014, 12:17:33 am by DonnyOsmond »
No problem at all with it. Bet you'd all love it if our keeper (if we ever sign one) did it in a cup match to win it for us. Do whatever it takes to win.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2014, 12:18:29 am by IDM »
I doubt it - if a keeper moves off his line the ref orders a re-take, doesn't need to give a card. 

Not sure what would happen if the keeper chinned an opponent during the shoot out though? 

I guess he would be sent off and one of the remaining players who had been on the pitch would have to takeover as keeper, much as in the regular game time if no subs are left....

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 06, 2014, 12:22:55 am by Dagenham Rover »
Don't forget Sulli's alleged comment to Brentford's keeper

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 06, 2014, 12:23:38 am by hoolahoop »
No problem at all with it. Bet you'd all love it if our keeper (if we ever sign one) did it in a cup match to win it for us. Do whatever it takes to win.

So we make that the norm then do we ? What next .....that's why.
It ceases to be the beautiful game surely ? Interesting idea to throw sportsmanship right out of the window.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 06, 2014, 12:33:12 am by DonnyOsmond »

So we make that the norm then do we ? What next .....that's why.
It ceases to be the beautiful game surely ? Interesting idea to throw sportsmanship right out of the window.

Well he's trying to put the player off and get in the head. Here's an idea, ignore it and just put it in the back of the net. I think some people are being hypocritical and making a mountain out of a mole hill.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 06, 2014, 05:38:22 am by PDX_Rover »
Grobelaar used to do it. He called it giving them the old 'spigitty ligs' (in his Zimbabwean accent)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 06, 2014, 10:07:44 am by southwestexile »
I didn't like it either but you have to recognise that it's part of the game, called professionalism which figures far higher than sportsmanship.  I thought the ref should've stepped in and told him to shut up and wait on the line.

C'mon Argentina!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2014, 11:12:01 am by The Red Baron »
Players will push these things to the limits. It is up to the referee to do his job. He should have warned Krul the first time then booked him if he did it again.

Up till then I thought the ref had had a decent game. Unlike that clown who officiated the Brazil-Colombia game. Didn't we have him at the Keepmoat last season?  ;)

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2014, 11:50:56 am by boro_rover »
What's wrong with it? I don't think it's any different to heckling when playin cricket.

All he is going to be saying is I know where your putting this, your not going to score. It's just mid games.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 06, 2014, 12:12:48 pm by mushRTID »
Good write up here on the substitution

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9373145/F365-Says

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 06, 2014, 10:00:30 pm by Hag »
If you think about it, every team has to take 3 goalkeepers, obviously they are all pretty good keepers.

Why not have one of them just saving penalties for a month or so in the build up to a tournament, he isn't going to forget how to keep goal, but could be invaluable later on! (if we ever get out of a group again)

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 07, 2014, 07:38:44 am by RJHeader »
That is probably what's wrong with England nowadays. They dont know how to win. Look at Holland/Brazil etc. They will do absolutely anything to make sure their team go through to the next round. Whether it be dive, keepers antics at penalties etc.

If you want to win football games at international level you need to use all these tactics. Sad but true

TinyPortal © 2005-2012