Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: PAUL DICKOV  (Read 2764 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
PAUL DICKOV
« on July 18, 2014, 08:13:12 am by phil old leake »
 :rtid:
The most important thing now is that we all get behind PD especially as it would appear that the poor sod has been stuffed again. If he doesn't get the funds he thought he was getting and If we have a bad start to the season and I hope we don't lets not get on his back.

Hopefully he will still get the funds for his plans. 

At least we are not Blackpool

I personally feel that LT has been a bit naive and maybe everything has not been laid on the table fully for him.

Let's hope he can still sign the players he wants soon or they will just walk away

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: PAUL DICKOV
« Reply #1 on July 18, 2014, 08:16:23 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Penny for Dickov's thoughts right now.  I agree though.  Get behind him, he is someone who wants to win and wants the players to have the right attitudes.

Think I'm ready for a bit of mid-table obscurity anyway.  Its been a few years  :) :)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 18, 2014, 08:26:44 am by since-1969 »
Yawn!!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 18, 2014, 08:37:15 am by jonnydog »
Penny for Dickov's thoughts right now.  I agree though.  Get behind him, he is someone who wants to win and wants the players to have the right attitudes.

Think I'm ready for a bit of mid-table obscurity anyway.  Its been a few years  :) :)

... with no pre-season drama, imagine that!!

PD must think he's shat his luck out with the last two cock up pre-seasons we've had to endure with takeover b*llocks scuppering everything.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 18, 2014, 09:36:23 am by not on facebook »
i can see rovers going onto win the League now since all this mess as blown
up

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 18, 2014, 09:46:04 am by RedArmy »
You say "at least we're not Blackpool" suggesting they are in a worse situation than what we are..

But the truth is, we're in as much shit as them if not more.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 18, 2014, 10:44:44 am by boro_rover »
How so redarmy? I think the km2 stepped up to the plate big time in January and some good quality players were signed. I expect up to get a squad together strong enough to reach the playoffs. Keep the faith.

I also hope that's the end of JR at Donny now for good. He is like a dogs dick - always got to be in. Well he has successfully hindered us again now and he is just bringing unwanted attention to the club. I heard the reason he wa kept out of making major descisions when he stepped down last time was because he hadn't put any money in for a year, which I can believe. Hopefully he will now sell his shares to LT and we will see the last of him on the board. I'm forever grateful for him for saving us. But evidently he has no money available and he has just been an embarrassment and a hindrance this last year.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 18, 2014, 11:07:02 am by BigH »
Afraid it's unlikely to be that simple Boro. JR has at least £6m tied up in DRFC which he wants back. LT, like 1D, is a flash in the pan that will soon be old news. He'd have to be smoking something far more noxious than weed (you'd hope) to spend his hard-earned on taking JR out.

The good news is that we now know where control truly lies within the club. JR's stake will just become more and more diluted as TB/DW continue to provide a subsidy. JR could go nuclear and try and force repayment of his loans but that would be self-defeating; the club just doesn't have the cash.

I expect that, as we speak, he's getting his best china out ready to invite Terry and Dick round for a gentlemanly chat about how to put all this nonsense to bed and - if you wouldn't mind chaps - finding a way to release some cash.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 18, 2014, 11:23:09 am by RedJ »
Yawn!!

Well thank you for your usual intelligent input.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 18, 2014, 11:30:59 am by RedArmy »
How so redarmy? I think the km2 stepped up to the plate big time in January and some good quality players were signed. I expect up to get a squad together strong enough to reach the playoffs. Keep the faith.

I also hope that's the end of JR at Donny now for good. He is like a dogs dick - always got to be in. Well he has successfully hindered us again now and he is just bringing unwanted attention to the club. I heard the reason he wa kept out of making major descisions when he stepped down last time was because he hadn't put any money in for a year, which I can believe. Hopefully he will now sell his shares to LT and we will see the last of him on the board. I'm forever grateful for him for saving us. But evidently he has no money available and he has just been an embarrassment and a hindrance this last year.

I agree. They stepped up in January superbly!

But I just think in my OPINION that there's going to be more to this.. JR calling his loans in and what not.. Could all provide a downside to this club.

What we need is a sustained period of time weather that be a few season of continuity in league one a few seasons of normality.

I think that's what the clubs needs after the last 3/4 years.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 18, 2014, 01:26:44 pm by boro_rover »
Well It's plausible, he seems to be short of a few quid and will be quite disgruntled at his takeover failure, it has to be extremely embarrassing for him.
He still has the gratitude of Rovers supporters for what he did in the past rescuing us from the dead, so would he really pull the plug and put us in administration, knowingly setting us back and undoing all his previous good work. It would be a lot of money wasted.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 18, 2014, 04:54:48 pm by Al4475 »
If that happened would that not negate all the club's debts and then allow the club to rebuild from scratch a la southampton a few years back? Personally not somewhere I'd like to see drfc but may have positives as well as negatives! Glass half-full me!

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 18, 2014, 07:28:17 pm by boro_rover »
I'm not sure al. Southampton obviously had the benefit of a youth academy with Bale, And Walcott ready to break through, plus a midfield with Llalana and Schneiderlin. I don't think we can quite compete with those types of players. I'm also not sure what the reprocussions of JR wanting his money back would be. He would surely lose quite a lot of his money and we would need to find someone willing to get us back on track again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012