Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:44:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Bailey off to Dingles  (Read 21283 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: James Bailey off to Dingles
« Reply #120 on July 22, 2014, 11:38:20 pm by the vicar »
you are all easily pleased i must say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on July 22, 2014, 11:43:41 pm by BobG »
Actually Filo, the holding of an opinion or set of beliefs contrary to that held by the clergy is heretical. I expect at least 97.4% of members of this board to be excommunicated very shortly. Of course, when that does happen, it opens the door to all sorts of Lutheran free thinking. Imagine that vicar! Your intransigence simply reinforces belief in the validity of opinions opposed to yours.

Of course, if you could put forwards even one teeny little reasoned argument in support of your myopic fundamentalism, we might actually give it some attention.

God I hate fundamentalists. I spend a good part of every working day exposed to them. They're really, really, really not very pleasant at all. and they are utterly impervious to logic, reason, education and synthesis. Quite like you vicar.

BobG

PS And not all fundamentalists are Middle Eastern and Islamic. There are shed loads of the buggers in the United States - especially the mid west and the deep south. And they are downright dangerous. More so than the middle eastern ones in some ways because those from the oil lands are basically simple. They shoot and kill and don't listen to reason. Strong arm tactics will contain it basically. But try that on the pillocks in the USA and see what happens.... They are much, much smarter - and therefore potentially much,much more dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:56:35 pm by BobG »

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on July 22, 2014, 11:44:27 pm by dknward2 »
Who has said players are refusing to play because of the budget maybe dickov wont play them until the contracts are signed which could be in the morning maybe the reason he left quickly tonight to meet up with  a player or agent

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on July 22, 2014, 11:50:30 pm by Filo »
so you all are happy with the events of today players refusing to play cos of the budget the same one that tb said is to get us up again

Lets turn this around, are you happy with the events of the last 2 weeks that has left us in this situation, you know, the farcical takeover by people who apparently haven't got the funds to facilitate the takeover, never mind the wild boasts of having on of the biggest budgets in the league and promising players contracts that they now can not fulfill?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on July 22, 2014, 11:51:41 pm by BobG »
Or it could simply be that some can't be insured until the decide one way or the other about exercising the opt out clause and some won't be insured because they have no contract at all.

Is Donny half populated by conspiracy theorists these days?

BobG

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on July 22, 2014, 11:52:16 pm by steve@dcfd »
Instead of having digs at each we will have to wait and see what is the next instalment at our club. We will see before Sunday, our next game if players sign or find other clubs. Whatever happens this joke of preseason continues and supporters are left wondering what will be next.

Filo any contract promise should have been done through the CEO, therefore what involvement as he had with any misinterpretation, if there was any. Do not believe JR would have been allowed to negotiate or renegotiate any contracts with out the knowledge of the CEO.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:02:15 am by steve@dcfd »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on July 23, 2014, 12:11:42 am by BobG »
He wouldn't have been 'allowed' Steve. But he could very easily have had private conversations with as many players as he liked. And who is to say what promises were or were not made? I'd be getting my anchor out to windward bloody carefully right now if I were JR that's for sure.

BobG

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 23, 2014, 12:37:59 am by steve@dcfd »
He wouldn't have been 'allowed' Steve. But he could very easily have had private conversations with as many players as he liked. And who is to say what promises were or were not made? I'd be getting my anchor out to windward bloody carefully right now if I were JR that's for sure.

BobG

I can see what you say about private conversations but it was announced that James Coppinger had agreed a new contract which would be ratified after the takeover. The CEO must have been involved in that contract and therefore if that is one example are there others like it, that are not being ratified. If that's the case my question to the club is why negotiate contracts that could not be honoured if the takeover did not go through.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on July 23, 2014, 02:04:16 am by RedJ »
is that cos my view does not coincide with yours as i am allowed my opinion

Is nobody allowed to disagree with yours like?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on July 23, 2014, 05:15:03 am by raggytash »
It's to hard for some people to take in facts....3 days ago tb stated we'd have a serious budget to make us very competitive.....what utter b*llocks....targets ALL going elsewhere, and players who have left have privately said there's no money...look at the facts and get your heads out the sand!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on July 23, 2014, 08:04:42 am by IDM »
It's to hard for some people to take in facts....3 days ago tb stated we'd have a serious budget to make us very competitive.....what utter b*llocks....targets ALL going elsewhere, and players who have left have privately said there's no money...look at the facts and get your heads out the sand!!

All? Prove it.  Only Bailey so far...

Players saying there is no money?  Prove that too, with references we can check please.  How can they say that when the budget talks are reportedly not yet completed?

Will TB provide a competitive budget? Who knows, maybe he will, anyway how much £ precisely would you say is a competitive budget?  Again, prove that this is "b*llocks", go on - prove it.

You challenge others to accept facts, yet what you post isn't factual. 

And before you come back to me about "opinions" yes you are as entitled to that as everyone else, but when you claim facts without justification, be prepared to be challenged.

So, please answer me with your proofs.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on July 23, 2014, 08:13:38 am by Filo »

Heres a fact, JR said that we'd have one of the top budgets in the league!

What happened there then?
It looks like he didn't have the funds to complete the takeover, how was he going to fund this great budget?

If any players have been led down the garden path, It certainly wasn't by the present incumbants. We are where we are because of a take over bid that was doomed to failure from the start!

So while I'm down there with my head in the sand, would you like me to dig a bit deeper to see if I can find yours?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on July 23, 2014, 08:14:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think the club need to clarify the situation a little and show some action really.  It's not positive at the moment.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on July 23, 2014, 08:37:11 am by DearneValleyRover »
To my way of thinking, Bailey isn't a player we need. We have Furman, Wellens, De Val and Middleton all vying for 2 places with the possibility of Keegan. Could Bailey leaving be more to do with those above showing they are better whilst in Portugal and PD thinking the budget would be better spent on areas where we are short of players, just a thought.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 23, 2014, 08:38:07 am by Filo »
I think the club need to clarify the situation a little and show some action really.  It's not positive at the moment.

I agree, and I would hope that you VSC directors are knocking on GB's door seeking that clarification, this is a complete shambles!

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 23, 2014, 08:41:01 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
When I read Paul Goodwin's Tweet regards Bailey joining Barnsley, my first reaction was: "Shit! That's one of our targets gone to our biggest rivals in the league!", but then the more I thought about it, I'd never heard of James Bailey until we had him on trial, I haven't heard any rave reviews about him in Portugal and at BPA & Lincoln (I haven't attended any pre-season games, so may be wrong) and if Barnsley want to just take him from under our noses like that and chuck money at him, then more fool them! I'm not worried that Bailey has gone Dingles, I'm more worried we haven't signed anyone with 17 days to go until Yeovil.

Regards Copps & Wellens, I just don't know what to make of the situation, but part of me just can't see Coppinger wanting to leave and at his age he may not find a better club in terms of league 1 football. To be serious contenders, we need to be signing Copps, Wellens, Clarke, Turnbull, a RB (although Quinn is back in training) and an out-an-out striker.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on July 23, 2014, 09:00:23 am by DRNaith »
Vicar, I've asked you this quite a few times in recent years and I haven't seen an answer yet; you're not really an ordained Vicar, are you?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 23, 2014, 09:19:20 am by raggytash »
Don't you just love a pair of mugs...IDM and FILO... Constantly criticising others whilst only there opinion counts....they both claim to know everything what's going on so why not change there username to Baldwin 1 and Baldwin 2. Absolute pair of mugs... It's action what counts gentlemen not words, so as for Bailey, miller and greeny that's 3 for a start who we've targeted and missed! Whys that then mugs??? Tell us all!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on July 23, 2014, 09:26:09 am by Filo »
Don't you just love a pair of mugs...IDM and FILO... Constantly criticising others whilst only there opinion counts....they both claim to know everything what's going on so why not change there username to Baldwin 1 and Baldwin 2. Absolute pair of mugs... It's action what counts gentlemen not words, so as for Bailey, miller and greeny that's 3 for a start who we've targeted and missed! Whys that then mugs??? Tell us all!!

Just so we a clear in what you are claiming, could you point me to where I claim to know everything?

Also, I think you'll find in this case that it's you that is criticising opinions that differ from yours!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on July 23, 2014, 09:32:36 am by DRNaith »

The irony really will be lost, won't it?

Why do we have this split?  I can see why we have the split, I can put my emotions to one side and see how it has come about.  I could then waste my time in explaining the situation and why we are, as Rovers fans, where we are, but some might agree and others would dismiss it because it calls into question their reasoning and judgement.

This is, in effect, what is already happening.  People are looking at posts, deciding whether the post leans towards JR or TB (as some people are making it), and calling it out if they believe it to be from the opposing camp to there's.

It's just going to continue until the more mature posters realise that there will always be more than one version of history, more than one John Ryan recognised (yes you thought there was "only one John Ryan") and more than one Terry Bramall in the minds of the supporters.  This will not change, we need to just move on and I hope at some point soon we will.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on July 23, 2014, 09:56:32 am by the vicar »
so you all are happy with the events of today players refusing to play cos of the budget the same one that tb said is to get us up again

I'm not happy with how things are going up to now Vic,disappointed yet again we've lost a player,i've just got a Wait and See attitude,but if there are not enough good decisions made on players brought in,then we will be in trouble.
I Don't see us as a club that can mount a methodical run for promotion,our crowds are flakey as it is,the floating supporter would move on somewhere else
Like it or not it's not all about the season ticket holder,the floating supporter gives you that extra income that you need,the season ticket holder is your bedrock of support.

I've said many times keep making mistakes and you will get relegated,but lets remember Bramhall and Watson gave John the chance to take over the club,it didn't work out.
I Don't forget what John did for all of us regarding the club,but these are the owners,i have no preference for them or John,it's just Bramhall and Watson are the only option between the two.
We need a balance between watching the pennies and putting a good team on the pitch,they did that last season with the players brought in,i would hope they will do the same again.
Good post Sammy!  We have what we have there is not a lot we can do about it only walk away from the club like a lot have done,  but I can't do that.  I have been with the club long before them two men came along, but I will fight my corner as long and hard as I can
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:59:01 am by the vicar »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on July 23, 2014, 11:04:37 am by ravenrover »
What exactly is "your corner" Vicar?
You seem to have been a life long supporter so you have seen a lot of ups and downs
It seems that you have no time for the current owners and that JR is/was the saviour. JR is gone, TB & DW are still in charge so what are you actually fighting for?
Why do you say an alternative is to walk away from the club, for what reason would you do that (if you had the heart to do it which you say you don't).
PM me if you want to explain your position without posting on the forum, I am interested.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on July 23, 2014, 11:07:01 am by IDM »

Where the hell do I say only my opinion counts? I welcome opinions but reserve the right to challenge others' views with relevant questions... Questions I see you haven't bothered to answer.

Where the hell do I claim to know everything?  It is YOU claiming facts, not me.

Mug?  Get to f**k pal....
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:09:12 am by IDM »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012