Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:51:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Bailey off to Dingles  (Read 21273 times)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: James Bailey off to Dingles
« Reply #30 on July 22, 2014, 07:09:07 pm by Lipsy »
Of course it could be worse.

How about this? JR takes over and hasn't got the money or liquidity to support any of the claims he made (top-end budget, better team than last season, pushing for Prem, etc). The net result would have been that we would have lost the players anyway and gone into free fall or financial peril.

At least we're in a position where we know (based on the past actions of the board) that TB and co will do their best and ensure PD has the resources to support a half-decent team.

It ain't a brilliant situation, but I really do believe it could have been a lot worse.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 22, 2014, 07:09:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
Dickov must still be in the meeting as Giddings said as he is not at the game

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 22, 2014, 07:09:50 pm by dickos1 »
JR was in charge for a lot of years and never had the club in financial trouble so why would he have started now? It looks like the budget will be pathetic this season. People talk about Ryan being skint, TB might as well be if he's not putting anything in. At least with the take over we had one potential super rich kid who wanted to put money into the club. Fair enough if TB just wants the club to run itself, it belongs to him, he can do has he pleases, but don't be going on about having a competitive promotion budget because unless he puts his own money in we won't.

If JR hadn't made a ridiculous bid to gain control of the club at the time he did, the budget would have been in place by now and players signed, how you can put the blame at TB's door is beyond me!

I don't disagree. But the point being made was the budget bramall looks like he's setting is certainly not one good enough to challenge for promotion, so why say that it is?
If we lose copps, wellens, then that has nothing to do with the takeover, it's to do with a very poor budget

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 22, 2014, 07:10:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 22, 2014, 07:10:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dickov must still be in the meeting as Giddings said as he is not at the game

Probably resigning.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 22, 2014, 07:12:14 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Another anti JR post. And then some people wonder why they're accused of being anti John Ryan.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 22, 2014, 07:13:26 pm by dumbroofer »
Could well be, Donny O

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 22, 2014, 07:14:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
You may be right about Dickov Donny.
It wouldn't be a good time to go, but in my opinion he wouldn't be much of a loss

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 22, 2014, 07:15:18 pm by silent majority »
JR was in charge for a lot of years and never had the club in financial trouble so why would he have started now? It looks like the budget will be pathetic this season. People talk about Ryan being skint, TB might as well be if he's not putting anything in. At least with the take over we had one potential super rich kid who wanted to put money into the club. Fair enough if TB just wants the club to run itself, it belongs to him, he can do has he pleases, but don't be going on about having a competitive promotion budget because unless he puts his own money in we won't.

If JR hadn't made a ridiculous bid to gain control of the club at the time he did, the budget would have been in place by now and players signed, how you can put the blame at TB's door is beyond me!

I don't disagree. But the point being made was the budget bramall looks like he's setting is certainly not one good enough to challenge for promotion, so why say that it is?
If we lose copps, wellens, then that has nothing to do with the takeover, it's to do with a very poor budget

Far too simplistic. There's more than the size of the budget to consider. But when TB says he'll provide a budget big enough to stand a chance of promotion why would you assume its not?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 22, 2014, 07:15:44 pm by RedJ »
It wouldn't be a good time to go, but in my opinion he wouldn't be much of a loss
Well he would, because we aren't going to get anybody any better in at this stage in this situation are we...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 22, 2014, 07:16:44 pm by dickos1 »
Wouldn't blame him if he left,,, many others would've walked long before now.
Farcical position he's been left in, and be careful what you wish for, cause who on earth would we get in the state were in

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 22, 2014, 07:17:27 pm by Dare to dream! »

I'd be more than happy! Got no faith in Dickov whatsoever

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 22, 2014, 07:17:55 pm by mrfrostsdad »
As I said, bad timing. But, personally I don't rate him.
Anyway, no point in arguing about that. There's bigger issues at the moment

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 22, 2014, 07:18:07 pm by dickos1 »
The statement given by brammal last week, just looks like he was telling us what we wanted to hear.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 22, 2014, 07:18:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Rob Jones Barmy Army

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 22, 2014, 07:19:26 pm by dickos1 »

Yeah, it'd be brilliant.
No players, no manager, no money, 2 weeks until start of season

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 22, 2014, 07:20:37 pm by Dare to dream! »
The statement given by brammal last week, just looks like he was telling us what we wanted to hear.

Not sure TB is that type of guy.

Yeah, it'd be brilliant.

I'd be more optimistic if there were no manager over PD!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 22, 2014, 07:21:50 pm by dickos1 »

Not sure TB is that type of guy.

Yeah, it'd be brilliant.

I'd be more optimistic if there were no manager over PD!

Neither was I, but actions speak louder than words. And it doesn't look good

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 22, 2014, 07:27:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Oops fat fingers can lock the topic.

I think we should wait and see what transpires.  It is vital Dickov and the board are working together as one so that meeting must be had.

Equally we must move fast, that much is clear.  But we as fans shouldn't overreact as yet that's for sure.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 22, 2014, 07:27:49 pm by GazLaz »

I'm not blaming him for the last few weeks but he shouldn't be saying we will budget for promotion if we are just budgeting to be self sufficient.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 22, 2014, 07:35:05 pm by silent majority »

I'm not blaming him for the last few weeks but he shouldn't be saying we will budget for promotion if we are just budgeting to be self sufficient.

But how do you know that?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 22, 2014, 07:37:36 pm by GazLaz »
I don't but the fact the clues are there that it's likely we can't afford Bailey, Clarke, Wellens and Coppinger, I'd say he's not planning to put much in. Do you know any different Martin?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 22, 2014, 07:37:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

We it may be more realistic than recent claims!

This shit, paper thin squad is now 3-0 up. From Twitter,

"A thought for the evening; Rovers back four are aged 20, 18, 20 & 20. They look more accomplished than you might expect too."

Don't get me wrong, we are far from assembling a squad it this early stage since the collapse of the T/O, but it's a start.   

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 22, 2014, 07:40:13 pm by RedJ »
Bear in mind this is against a team in the Conference.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 22, 2014, 07:42:02 pm by dickos1 »

But how do you know that?

I think it's quite apparent that all isn't well.. Dickov not being there is alarming, as is losing a player to a rival, as is the absence of our better players who have played in all the other games.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 22, 2014, 07:44:19 pm by raggytash »
Rumour going round here is he's resigned?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 22, 2014, 07:45:20 pm by Dare to dream! »
Rumour going round here is he's resigned?

oi! I hope so. More than likely people making shit up just because he aint at the game

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 22, 2014, 07:45:46 pm by northern soul »
Lincoln are conference and we were the second best team there.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 22, 2014, 07:46:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I was just speculating. Hope no one's got that from my post. We're a shambles if he has.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 22, 2014, 07:46:33 pm by bigbadjack »
Or he might be finalising deals with Clarke and the others?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012