Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Bailey off to Dingles  (Read 21288 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: James Bailey off to Dingles
« Reply #60 on July 22, 2014, 07:46:52 pm by dickos1 »
Please don't anybody try to tell me that that side that's playing today is anywhere near good enough for league 1 survival. Never mind promotion

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 22, 2014, 07:47:50 pm by Dare to dream! »
Or he might be finalising deals with Clarke and the others?

Unlikely.

Probably safe to assume though something has happened in that meeting that wasn't expected

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 22, 2014, 07:52:04 pm by GazLaz »
He's arrived.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 22, 2014, 07:52:50 pm by MachoMadness »
Just shocking again, although not the fault of anybody currently at the club I will say. This takeover fiasco cannot be allowed to happen again, from JR or anybody else. Barnsley must save a bomb on scouting with all the players they pinch off us though.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 22, 2014, 07:52:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Paul Dickov as arrived it will be downhill from here, it's a joke!!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 22, 2014, 07:53:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
lol if we lost 4 - 3 now.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 22, 2014, 07:54:05 pm by Scooter »
I'm at the Grimsby game and the rovers look good and solid and trying to play nice football. Yes it's against a conference club but Grimsby are a top conference side. There is not that much difference between top of conf/league2/bottom of league 1.

This first half team would hold their own in league 1 easily!

Any updates on Dickov?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 22, 2014, 07:55:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I love how a late running meeting causes so many rumours.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 22, 2014, 07:56:26 pm by RedJ »
I'm at the Grimsby game and the rovers look good and solid and trying to play nice football. Yes it's against a conference club but Grimsby are a top conference side. There is not that much difference between top of conf/league2/bottom of league 1.

This first half team would hold their own in league 1 easily!

Any updates on Dickov?

Dickov's just arrived according to Hoden.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 22, 2014, 07:57:16 pm by Dare to dream! »
See what he say's post match

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 22, 2014, 07:58:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I love how a late running meeting causes so many rumours.

Shouldn't be running a meeting at that time on a game day though.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 22, 2014, 07:58:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Just shocking again, although not the fault of anybody currently at the club I will say. This takeover fiasco cannot be allowed to happen again, from JR or anybody else. Barnsley must save a bomb on scouting with all the players they pinch off us though.

Totally agree about the fiasco, but if the owners say their aim is to get back in the Championship the budget must be of a size to accomplish their aims. We need the players we have plus others and PD must be given the funds to achieve that, let's hope we see players being signed and not going to other clubs.

It does matter if you have £20, £5m or £500m if you don't want to spend it, then it's all the same.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 22, 2014, 08:00:33 pm by glosterred »
So where did this rumour that he resigned come from or was it just malicious gossip?

COYR

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 22, 2014, 08:01:04 pm by dickos1 »
Usual numpty

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 22, 2014, 08:02:03 pm by graingrover »
Yes .. malicious gossip by the twitter warrior?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 22, 2014, 08:08:01 pm by Lipsy »
I'm not anti-JR. I just can use my eyes, ears and brain to see that he was making promises he couldn't possibly have delivered on.

You cannot just blindly follow or believe in someone just because... That way lies madness. And it's even madder to compare the budget PD will have against the mystical 'money from nowhere' budget JR claimed to have lined up.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 22, 2014, 08:10:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some of the comments on this thread are comedy gold.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 22, 2014, 08:12:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Must be the usual reliable source.

TBH I'd rather see us under budget with good up and coming players, than max out from the start with players past their peak. The latter will only bring disappointment, if we fail to hit top 6 form from the off.

We have to be cute to put together a squad who can grow together and be up there challenging at the end of the season.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 22, 2014, 08:12:24 pm by Sprotyrover »
I'm not anti-JR. I just can use my eyes, ears and brain to see that he was making promises he couldn't possibly have delivered on.

You cannot just blindly follow or believe in someone just because... That way lies madness. And it's even madder to compare the budget PD will have against the mystical 'money from nowhere' budget JR claimed to have lined up.

Hang on there Lipsy you are never per chance stating the saintly Ser John has been economical with the truth?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 22, 2014, 08:14:58 pm by PDX_Rover »
 :that:

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 22, 2014, 08:16:54 pm by raggytash »
Bramells the guy who's come put shooting from the hip, saying well have a budget to compete in top 6.... Looks like he meant ncel league from what it looks like

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 22, 2014, 08:17:21 pm by MachoMadness »

Totally agree about the fiasco, but if the owners say their aim is to get back in the Championship the budget must be of a size to accomplish their aims. We need the players we have plus others and PD must be given the funds to achieve that, let's hope we see players being signed and not going to other clubs.

It does matter if you have £20, £5m or £500m if you don't want to spend it, then it's all the same.

I don't know what the budget is though, if TB says it's big enough then I reckon he's done enough to justify a bit of faith in him. He stepped up in January remember. JB signing for Barnsley is nowt to do with budget, more to do with being dicked around without a contract for weeks on end, because of this bullshit takeover which we now know those involved must have known wouldn't go ahead for virtually the whole time.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 22, 2014, 08:17:29 pm by pib »
This is really frustrating. I'm not calling for anyone to chuck millions at the squad, but there doesn't seem an awful lot of urgency about the situation.

The TO collapsed on Thursday(?), the squad and management got back on Friday... we're now on Tuesday and they've only just had a meeting this afternoon about budgets etc? I know TB is a busy guy but was there no contingency planning RE budgets beforehand?

I'm not asking for the earth, and I'm not expecting six signings every day, but in the frankly desperate situation we're in, it seems like we're just plodding along as if the first game is months away.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 22, 2014, 08:23:47 pm by raggytash »
It's not good, IMO there's something severely wrong going on, but everyone's in the dark, got a nasty feeling jr could be planning calling his debt in, if this is the case then nobody's gonna put a penny in

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 22, 2014, 08:31:25 pm by Lipsy »

Hang on there Lipsy you are never per chance stating the saintly Ser John has been economical with the truth?

Who me?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 22, 2014, 08:35:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's all take a big breath and relax. We've surely had enough speculation, conspiracies and news of done deals.

Just sit back and let those who get paid for it, get on with it, and I'm sure when owt happens they'll tell us. 

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 22, 2014, 08:38:25 pm by raggytash »
True mate, just when you've forked 3 ton out for a st and get peddled with lies from the hierarchy why bother? Oh well a few cans and a letter to Baldwin might be in order lol

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on July 22, 2014, 08:57:17 pm by jonnydog »
AND I've just had a programme clash on my Sky box and lost a film I've been watching for nearly an hour...

... f**kING ROVERS!!!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 22, 2014, 09:04:50 pm by raggytash »
Lol bad init

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 22, 2014, 09:13:12 pm by coventryrover »
True mate, just when you've forked 3 ton out for a st and get peddled with lies from the hierarchy why bother? Oh well a few cans and a letter to Baldwin might be in order lol
  cant things settle before people throw their toys out of the pram

TinyPortal © 2005-2012