Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:21:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is it fraud??  (Read 5137 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Is it fraud??
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2014, 06:48:50 pm by Wellred »
If you buy a season ticket and are given a season ticket then the contract has been honoured.

If you wish to claim fraud against Doncaster Rovers may I wish you, your legal team and your bank manager all the very best.

Season tickets not issued yet so ain't got a contract yet.  They got my money.  You must not have ordered one or you would know.

A transaction is made when the money changes hands, not the goods or services bought.

and when you receive the item you paid for, if it is substandard you can get your money back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2014, 06:56:03 pm by IDM »
So when you pay for the ST you are buying reserved entry to the stadium, same seat, for 23 league games plus other "ST holder" benefits and priorities.

What has changed?  Buying a ST does not guarantee the strength of the squad, the players we sign, just as much as it doesn't determine performances and results.  Many me included bought our STs well before the end of last season not even knowing which division we would be playing in next time.

In my opinion, this view of cancelling STs is a knee jerk reaction to the unsatisfactory progress at DRFC.  Yes it is a free country and by all means make your protests in this way, but how on earth does that help the ,manager or the team, whoever we end up signing?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2014, 07:08:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If you buy a season ticket and are given a season ticket then the contract has been honoured.

If you wish to claim fraud against Doncaster Rovers may I wish you, your legal team and your bank manager all the very best.

Season tickets not issued yet so ain't got a contract yet.  They got my money.  You must not have ordered one or you would know.

A transaction is made when the money changes hands, not the goods or services bought.

and when you receive the item you paid for, if it is substandard you can get your money back.

I've not had a substandard book of tickets yet.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2014, 07:11:42 pm by Sad-Rovers »
In short it's not fraud. You've bought a ticket to watch Doncaster Rovers play at home and that's what you've got.

The fact that the squad won't what you expected is irrelevant.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2014, 07:13:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
So when you pay for the ST you are buying reserved entry to the stadium, same seat, for 23 league games plus other "ST holder" benefits and priorities.

What has changed?  Buying a ST does not guarantee the strength of the squad, the players we sign, just as much as it doesn't determine performances and results.  Many me included bought our STs well before the end of last season not even knowing which division we would be playing in next time.

In my opinion, this view of cancelling STs is a knee jerk reaction to the unsatisfactory progress at DRFC.  Yes it is a free country and by all means make your protests in this way, but how on earth does that help the ,manager or the team, whoever we end up signing?

Whilst I don't disagree with you about the ticket only guaranteeing entry to the stadium etc. Some may have bought on the pretense of the false promises made, ie trying for an immediate return to the championship, build a squad capable of promotion etc etc etc even up to 3 days ago all quotes that are in print,
 so after todays shenanigans it could be construed as the product was mis-sold to everybody who bought prior to today.
Not fraud but...

and no I'm not taking my ticket back and I will be there come the start of the season!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2014, 08:10:34 pm by not on facebook »
It's not fraud but I'll be wanting a refund for my season ticket and rightly so!

how much did Your season ticket cost ffs

if i have enough kr in my savings account i will
post the bas**rd Balance out to you ,so long
the season ticket goes onto a fan who will watch rovers
throu thick and thin

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2014, 10:33:34 pm by ravenrover »
All that are against this should go and let them know how they feel if its illegal in the ground then out side with the tv cameras there so all involved see it
Against what exactly Vicar? What is illegal?

Growe1

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2014, 10:46:51 pm by Growe1 »
Nice one Oslo.

A teams for life not just the good times.

What I'd give to work Mon-Fri so I could get to see Rovers on Saturday

TinyPortal © 2005-2012