Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:18:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The VSC report following todays meeting with the club  (Read 25325 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: The VSC report following todays meeting with the club
« Reply #60 on July 24, 2014, 08:35:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
The coppinger situation makes a mockery of the plan, it contradicts the whole mechanics of the plan.
Which makes me think the plan isn't really the plan at all

But without knowledge of the financials then you would say that. If you think Coppinger was showing any loyalty to DRFC then I would challenge that.

10 years at the club, in modern football terms, is tremendous loyalty.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 24, 2014, 08:35:39 pm by silent majority »
In a nut shell. Blah Blah Blah ... Fans can go to hell..it's my club and I'm not listening to you effen lot. So I'll use my monkey in the VSC to do the easy bits .

So, how about next time we have a 7.45am meet with the club why don't you come with us? I'm sure you'll put your point across more than eloquently.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 24, 2014, 08:36:08 pm by dickos1 »
The coppinger situation makes a mockery of the plan, it contradicts the whole mechanics of the plan.

But without knowledge of the financials then you would say that. If you think Coppinger was showing any loyalty to DRFC then I would challenge that.

I don't think you can question coppingers loyalty Martin, surely you can't...
He can't be expected to have a 50%-80% and just carry on regardless.
Anyhow he says he hasn't even been offered a contract, so how do we know if he'd accept it or not?

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 24, 2014, 08:36:45 pm by karlos »
I SECOND THAT!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 24, 2014, 08:37:09 pm by since-1969 »
It's a shame it's come to but I got a refund .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 24, 2014, 08:37:22 pm by silent majority »

Don't doubt that, but he's jumped ship once before, and its the here and now that counts. He was offered a 3 year contract by the proposed takeover on significant sums. You figure.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 24, 2014, 08:38:45 pm by coventryrover »
It's a shame it's come to but I got a refund .
[/quote

why come on here now you've given up on rovers?  goodbye!!

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 24, 2014, 08:39:57 pm by karlos »
Didnt TB JUMP SHIP AT ONE POINT I SEEM TO REMEMBER HE DID SO sm.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 24, 2014, 08:41:01 pm by RedJ »
Didnt TB JUMP SHIP AT ONE POINT I SEEM TO REMEMBER HE DID SO sm.
Well no not really because he was still putting his money in.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 24, 2014, 08:41:48 pm by Lipsy »
I am not advocating the removal of the current board. I know the system we have been operating under is unsustainable - unless you advocate spending someone else's money for your own pleasure (I don't, btw).

Fact is, we are not really a big enough club for the Championship. Simple as. Hopefully that might change, but the change will only happen IF attendances go up... So League One it is.

Otherwise it's boom and bust and experiments and silly men with their magic money trees.

My only real beef (and I have mentioned it too many times today - it's hot and I swear it's melted my head) is the club's determination to spin things and fib.

One last time *deep breath*: It's unnecessary and insulting.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 24, 2014, 08:43:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's not get in to a debate about Copps as a player as a man. Whatever culmination of events has led to him leaving has left us with a bad taste in our mouth. That's not pointing the finger at anyone specifically, it's not the way it should have ended.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 24, 2014, 08:45:21 pm by Jonathan »

Don't doubt that, but he's jumped ship once before, and its the here and now that counts. He was offered a 3 year contract by the proposed takeover on significant sums. You figure.

He didn't jump ship before, he was squeezed out in an experiment that poisoned the spirit of the club.

I cannot question the loyalty of a player that has given us 10 top quality years. He had more to give, that's what's hard to accept.

I'd tend to agree that Wellens' interview was deliberately explosive, but Coppinger has earned our trust and if he says he wasn't offered terms, I take that on face value. We shouldn't let him go without a fight.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 24, 2014, 08:46:44 pm by Red wizard »
Would it not be wise to of offered Turnbull a 3 year deal?

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 24, 2014, 08:47:11 pm by karlos »
REDJ he was still willing to walk away and if truth be know he would now for the right offer he has no interest or passion for the job. And as i have said before DW health isnt or wasnt to good so what are the long term plans for him surely his health comes first. No im afraid if Orient can get new investors then their must be someone out their for our club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 24, 2014, 08:47:31 pm by dickos1 »

So your blaming him for being offered a lucrative 3 year contract?? I fail to see your point.
What should he have said? "No thanks, please offer me less"
Since the takeover has fallen through he hasn't been offered a new deal, and then you call him disloyal...

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 24, 2014, 08:47:35 pm by rtid88 »
We need to be more sustainable end of! I am happy for younger players to be given the chance and for us to be signing younger players! As I have already said in another thread I am honestly not convinced Dickov is the right man to help bring young players on and to help them with their development as he has no experience in this and I don't think he has the tactical knowledge or the nounce to know how to get us out of this league. However, I am happy for the club to be going in this direction and I think it will potentially bring us the fans closer to the club and turn us into more of a family and community club than what we have for a few years!!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 24, 2014, 08:49:17 pm by Canadian Rover »
So with this model in mind we should:
1. Have signed copps up as a shining example for all young players;  fitness,  technically + discipline wise.
2. Have NO loan players; as this would be just stop developing our prospects.
3. Expect to hear James Husband has signed a 3 year contract?

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 24, 2014, 08:49:43 pm by redbrez »
Totally agree final nail, loads of tweets from past players saying copps was a perfect role model, so who better to steer the ship of so called young signings
Totally gutted and carnt believe people  are actually excited about relegation
My next fear is we will sign harper and that will just round my week off  :suicide:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 24, 2014, 08:53:45 pm by Lipsy »
Copps made it clear that we couldn't afford him: "They don’t want to spend the money on the players and I respect that decision."

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 24, 2014, 08:54:55 pm by dickos1 »
Does that make him disloyal?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 24, 2014, 08:56:08 pm by Lipsy »
He had no choice, did he? No new offer = you're not wanted.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 24, 2014, 08:57:42 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly....
But the vsc are implying differently

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 24, 2014, 08:59:19 pm by redbrez »
Someone tell me are wage budget this season compared to the last time we were relegated , what is the plan for TB to earn money from the fans,  yes he is a real good buisnessman,how many players are of the wage bill now? Carnt wait for these mouthwatering signings

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on July 24, 2014, 09:02:34 pm by redbrez »
I handled relegation better than this, I feel my club has been torn apart

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 24, 2014, 09:03:08 pm by Lipsy »
I think we can assume that the budget's lower than DS's 'Netto' budget... Otherwise, we'd be hearing that PD had been given a higher budget than the one we had that got us promoted - that's certainly something we'd be told, surely?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 24, 2014, 09:07:40 pm by silent majority »
Exactly....
But the vsc are implying differently

No we're not. But I don't have the energy for your nitpicking. The simple fact is his demands, fostered by certain parties, was beyond any perceivable benefit of retaining him.

Its a balance, do you pay those significant sums to him or do you utilise that money elsewhere?. No doubt you have your answer, I'll have mine, but the people putting up the money make the decisions in the best interest of the club.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 24, 2014, 09:10:14 pm by RedJ »
REDJ he was still willing to walk away

But he still put his money in. Not exactly jumping ship is it now.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 24, 2014, 09:12:44 pm by Guernsey Exile »
 :facepalm:

Wow  :saywhat:

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 24, 2014, 09:13:24 pm by karlos »
Red j and copps was still willing to stay after jumping ship wasnt he.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 24, 2014, 09:17:19 pm by Drover »

When did he jump ship?Are you talking about when he went out on loan?I thought we sent him out on loan to cut the wage bill when we got relegated last time?In my book thats not jumping ship,thats pushing him overboard with a rope tied to him to pull him back on board if and when the board wanted?One of my club heroes for me,and from what I have seen,he has always acted in a professional manner when I have met him and watched him.Ofcourse now he has left,TB fans will be trawling for dirt on him and it's not surprising some are warned.

P.S. Im going from memory but I seem to remember when Copps went out on loan before,we fans on here aired our concerns and a VSC board member(I cannot remember who for sure,whether it was SM or not) said after talking to the club,"It was in the interests of both the club and player if he went out on loan".Surely thats not jumping ship?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:24:07 pm by Drover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012