Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:55:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nathan Tyson  (Read 10396 times)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Nathan Tyson
« Reply #30 on July 28, 2014, 04:11:07 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Good signing that.... 0 goals in 34 games last year not bad for a striker ?? Suppose FILO and hisob think it's a great signing

Some people! Our 'fans' amaze me in all the wrong ways at times!

Welcome to the Keepmoat, Nathan Tyson.

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 28, 2014, 04:15:33 pm by donnyallday »
Our fans amaze me FFS.

Have you seen his score rate, jesus, hes a bag o w**k.

We want a scorer not a long distance runner, christ lewis guy the 2nd.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 28, 2014, 04:21:32 pm by raggytash »
Simple fact for the idiots and arse lickers.... Strikers score goals... This guy hasn't scored once in 34 games.. To all those what say welcome to Donny etc are you wired up right?? For what he's on at 32 and clearly past his sell by date I'd rather take a punt on a young lad who's bagged 20-30 in non league and let dickov show him the ropes

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 28, 2014, 04:22:51 pm by graingrover »
Yes Raggytash and supporters support .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 28, 2014, 04:23:25 pm by RedJ »
Simple fact for the idiots and arse lickers.... Strikers score goals... This guy hasn't scored once in 34 games.. To all those what say welcome to Donny etc are you wired up right?? For what he's on at 32 and clearly past his sell by date I'd rather take a punt on a young lad who's bagged 20-30 in non league and let dickov show him the ropes
Ah, so we shouldn't support him then. Gotcha.  :aok:

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 28, 2014, 04:23:39 pm by AlonzoDrake »
An interesting signing, and one which could go either way. Certainly looks as if Dickov is looking to pace and speed this coming season, so Tyson, even at 32, could prove an handful at L1 level in a starter/sub impact role, wherein he rarely plays the full 90.

Particularly recall Tyson from a Rovers game almost eight years ago. As an exile, see only a handful of live games now, but was present at the emotional last game at BV in 2006. Many, many memories of that day, and one in particular sticks out.

Our opponents, Forest, dominated for long spells that December afternoon, and Tyson repeatedly skipped through our defence at will - granted he was just a snip of a boy at 24 then.

On one occasion he bore down on goal, and seemed certain to score until Ben Smith made an amazing save. Thought Smith would go on to bigger things, but recall he was vulnerable to long range shots!

Anyway, welcome to DRFC Nathan -- and as a Reading-born boy, and an ex Royals player, you owe us some good times. Over the years Reading FC have caused us so much pain -- I don't think any other team in the FL as such a bad record against any other team as Rovers do against Reading.

Your hometown club are truly a jinx, Nathan, so please help rip open those L1 defences apart for us this coming season! 

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 28, 2014, 04:29:27 pm by raggytash »
Since when did I say I wouldn't support the bloke? I hope he scores 20 plus but as usual facts are not believed by the militant vsc, do you honestly think a promotion chasing team in ANY league would sign a striker with no goals in 34 games????

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 28, 2014, 04:31:32 pm by rtid88 »
Yeah but were not a promotion chasing team Raggytash, we are a team that imo will be looking to just secure their League 1 status and Tyson will definitely help with that!!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 28, 2014, 04:33:06 pm by Ldr »
What was Paynters scoring recent scoring record when we signed him?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 28, 2014, 04:37:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
Yes Raggytash and supporters support .

They also come to a majority of games and watch the team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 28, 2014, 04:43:21 pm by RedJ »
So, you're saying if someone can't afford to go to the majority of games, they're not a real supporter? Okay then.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 28, 2014, 04:45:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
So, you're saying if someone can't afford to go to the majority of games, they're not a real supporter? Okay then.
I never said that, but get fed up of posters or supporters being told what,j they should do, when certain posters support most of the time from behind a key board.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 28, 2014, 04:48:46 pm by raggytash »
For your knowledge Steve I missed 7 games last year I know I might piss people off but I like to tell it how I see it mate, sometimes I'm wrong in the tone I take, but I don't talk balls or arselick, I just say it how I see it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 28, 2014, 04:49:15 pm by dickos1 »
Brown was hardly prolific...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 28, 2014, 04:54:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
For your knowledge Steve I missed 7 games last year I know I might piss people off but I like to tell it how I see it mate, sometimes I'm wrong in the tone I take, but I don't talk balls or arselick, I just say it how I see it
I was never referring to you, like you I missed 3 home games last year. I class my self like you a supporter that also watches my team. Do not like the inference from others about supporting my side or going to support other teams when they do not agree what is said.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:16:08 pm by steve@dcfd »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 28, 2014, 05:44:32 pm by Filo »

Hello, what happened to that chat then?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 28, 2014, 05:45:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Will he be the next Robbie Blake then or more of a Leo Fortune west.  Can go either way these older signings, either click or fall away.  Let's hope he clicks with a settled home.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 28, 2014, 06:37:25 pm by Red wizard »
He will score over 10. Brown would of only got 10 maybe a few more. Just needs to keep fit. Alot of those app with no goals won't be starts. He's had long spells out injured as well. Lets give him a chance and on Sats showing i'm sure most fans will be supprised by him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 28, 2014, 06:39:47 pm by Filo »
It certainly looks like we're going for pace up top, Tyson, Robinson, Bennet and Forrester are all quick, we need the centre forward battering ram now for a bit of variation

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 28, 2014, 07:22:07 pm by bedale rover »
It certainly looks like we're going for pace up top, Tyson, Robinson, Bennet and Forrester are all quick, we need the centre forward battering ram now for a bit of variation

As per the world cup we need a false number 9

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 28, 2014, 07:28:16 pm by RedJ »

Carl Alford used to pretend he was a striker, get Dickov his number.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 28, 2014, 07:46:56 pm by Chris Black come back »

Carl Alford used to pretend he was a striker, get Dickov his number.

As above. Alford was a false number 9. The fat fooker wore number 9 but you'd never have known he was meant to be playing up front. Couldn't get any more false than that.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 28, 2014, 07:56:39 pm by mpc123 »
I'm quite looking forward to him and the rest of the speedsters we have  . This could work out quite well. Sometimes you just don't fit in to how other clubs are playing eg sharp for us last season. So we maybe the perfect match for him. Only time will tell.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 28, 2014, 08:06:31 pm by Upton Rover »
Our fans amaze me FFS.

Have you seen his score rate, jesus, hes a bag o w**k.

We want a scorer not a long distance runner, christ lewis guy the 2nd.
what a stupid quote, give the lad a chance, he will score more goals than BS dis last season

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 28, 2014, 08:20:42 pm by raggytash »
Anytime FILO I'm a straight down the line bloke who doesn't arselick and think there jr or bramall or who ever... I'm a Donny fan and straight to the point if it offends the minority so be it!! I've nothing against anyone but don't get personnel like a little kid if you can't bk it up

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 28, 2014, 08:23:38 pm by ravenrover »
Talking, or should I say grunting, with a Forest fan in the pub tonight and he wished us the best with him ................ if his hamstring holds up and his back holds up !

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 28, 2014, 08:24:47 pm by ravenrover »
Anytime FILO I'm a straight down the line bloke who doesn't arselick and think there jr or bramall or who ever... I'm a Donny fan and straight to the point if it offends the minority so be it!! I've nothing against anyone but don't get personnel like a little kid if you can't bk it up
I think you've missed one appointment already  :whistle:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 28, 2014, 08:27:05 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I think it's safe to say his best years are behind him. However, he does bring experience and an eye for goal. I suppose it depends on how and where Dickov plays him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 28, 2014, 08:30:14 pm by Filo »

Personal? It was you that offered the " chat" I asked for an appointment time, you failed to give me one, and now you try and turn it around and try to insinuate that I'm the mouthy one, you failed to back up your "challenge" not me!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 28, 2014, 08:58:47 pm by RobTheRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012