Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:12:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nathan Tyson  (Read 10375 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:25:49 pm by RedJ »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
Re: Nathan Tyson
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2014, 02:22:24 pm by rover-n-out »
 :thumbsup: :woohoo: :scarf: :clapping: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :scarf: :clapping: :woohoo:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 28, 2014, 02:29:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
We've found the pen!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2014, 02:29:57 pm by Dare to dream! »
Didn't want him but after reports from everyoe yesterday he could end up being a good signing!

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2014, 02:30:08 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Oh my god!  Just nearly fell off my office chair.  We've signed someone  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2014, 02:32:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
Last time in league one we started with Brown and Paynter upfront. This time it looks like it could be Robinson and Tyson. Very different approach. I would say we still need one more striker who offers something different to the pace we have now got.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 28, 2014, 02:36:23 pm by raggytash »
Good signing that.... 0 goals in 34 games last year not bad for a striker ?? Suppose FILO and hisob think it's a great signing

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 28, 2014, 02:37:53 pm by PaulRover08 »
Last time in league one we started with Brown and Paynter upfront. This time it looks like it could be Robinson and Tyson. Very different approach. I would say we still need one more striker who offers something different to the pace we have now got.
Not saying he's ready at all but maybe Dickov sees that being Peterson?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 28, 2014, 02:39:06 pm by Copps is Magic »
Or perhaps Main who we are told is a strong player with a good work ethic but doesn't score many.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 28, 2014, 02:42:21 pm by drfc1951 »
Good signing that.... 0 goals in 34 games last year not bad for a striker ?? Suppose FILO and hisob think it's a great signing

Why not try and give the guy a chance ffs.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 28, 2014, 02:43:33 pm by Retdon1 »
I am sorry but Peterson is never going to be good enough to play for us he carnt shoot, carnt head, not strong enough to hold the ball up, carnt link play up. I wish the lad well but I've see a lot of him over the last 2 years and he's conference north level at best.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 28, 2014, 02:49:19 pm by graingrover »
two players mentioned in this thread two players demotivated .. hoe they never read the forum.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 28, 2014, 02:49:47 pm by RedJ »

Why not try and give the guy a chance ffs.

Why do that when we could just slate everything the club do at every turn then scuttle off when things are going well. :silly:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 28, 2014, 02:50:51 pm by IDM »
two players mentioned in this thread two players demotivated .. hoe they never read the forum.

If they do, they should be able to spot the negative posters a mile off....  Players should ignore criticism like that anyway, and do their talking on the pitch.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 28, 2014, 02:55:47 pm by oggycompton »
I think its a good signing. Been a little unlucky with injuries if wikipedia is to be believed but none the less a good signing. Add Evina and Coppinger to that with hopeful news on Rob Jones and everything looks a little better.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 28, 2014, 02:59:51 pm by Wellred »
I am sorry but Peterson is never going to be good enough to play for us he carnt shoot, carnt head, not strong enough to hold the ball up, carnt link play up. I wish the lad well but I've see a lot of him over the last 2 years and he's conference north level at best.

Sorry Retdon but had you been old enough to have seen Brian Deane play for Rovers and then go on to be an England International (When we actually won games!) you would have thought he was dogshit as well.....................He was actually  :) but what do we know?
Lets wait and see eh?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 28, 2014, 03:04:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Agreed Wellred Deane was worse than hopeless for us and yet look what he did.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 28, 2014, 03:05:59 pm by IDM »
Agreed Wellred Deane was worse than hopeless for us and yet look what he did.

Good for the pub quiz, Brian Deane scored the first ever premiership goal.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 28, 2014, 03:07:40 pm by Retdon1 »

Sorry Retdon but had you been old enough to have seen Brian Deane play for Rovers and then go on to be an England International (When we actually won games!) you would have thought he was dogshit as well.....................He was actually  :) but what do we know?
Lets wait and see eh?

I am not saying he's dog shit, just that he's not up to this level. I've watched him for the youth,reserves and first team over the last few years and in my opinion he's no where near the standard for league football. He's a nice lad and I hope he proves me wrong but got a feeling he will be playing for someone like Gainsborough trinity next season

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 28, 2014, 03:15:05 pm by RedJ »
I'm just wondering - we were apparently moving away from 1 year deals. Does this only apply to younger players?

RedJ

• Forum Member
Nathan Tyson and Alex Peterson
« Reply #20 on July 28, 2014, 03:22:18 pm by RedJ »
Peterson also signed up for another year.

Again - why just a year?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 28, 2014, 03:23:21 pm by DRNaith »
It's the eleventh hour as far as preseason is concerned, if the choice is getting him for a year or not getting him at all - I think we've seen their choice.

He's no mug, he knows that if he has a good season with us then a bigger club will come in for him when he's free in a years time.

...he's probably quite hurt that Barnsley haven't come in for him already though.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 28, 2014, 03:26:05 pm by Wellred »
So are we on plan C now then?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 28, 2014, 03:32:11 pm by rtid88 »
Should both help us consolidate our position in this league for another year!! All we can hope for after the preseason we have had!!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 28, 2014, 03:32:32 pm by DRNaith »
So are we on plan C now then?

Wouldn't have thought so, but considering people have been complaining that you can't invoke a system, as introduced by the club, overnight, it seems there'll always be something to find issue with.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 28, 2014, 03:41:14 pm by pib »
I don't think people are just simply looking to criticise anything. People are being shot down, but if you look at the facts, Tyson hasn't registered double figures in a season for 9 years, and hasn't scored at all in the past two seasons.

Of course he'll be given a chance, but it's not exactly a signing that gets you off your seat, if we're being realistic about things. The guy is 32 and it seems like his best years are way behind him.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 28, 2014, 03:49:25 pm by podrover73 »
Some people complaining about the offer of three years for Copps earlier this week then complaining because we only offered a 32 year old a one year contract  :chair:

DonnyRed1992

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 28, 2014, 03:58:50 pm by DonnyRed1992 »
For a 32 year old based on what others have said hes pretty bloody pacey

Odds for Tyson to break his scoring drought against Yeovil?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 28, 2014, 04:01:17 pm by GazLaz »
Be about 5/1 first scorer

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 28, 2014, 04:02:00 pm by DRNaith »
I don't think people are just simply looking to criticise anything. People are being shot down, but if you look at the facts, Tyson hasn't registered double figures in a season for 9 years, and hasn't scored at all in the past two seasons.

Of course he'll be given a chance, but it's not exactly a signing that gets you off your seat, if we're being realistic about things. The guy is 32 and it seems like his best years are way behind him.

I took the "plan C" comment to be more about the length of contract rather than the player attached to the contract.  Given that some are looking for an excuse to complain at the slightest thing, I think it's not unlikely that others with have a differing of opinion. If that differing of opinion is what you call being "shot down" then I wonder how you cope with any form of disagreement!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012