Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:36:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bramall out  (Read 25081 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Bramall out
« Reply #180 on August 11, 2014, 06:31:14 pm by The Red Baron »
Young progressive players like Andre Grey and Stevie May are what we should have been targeting when we were in the Championship. This was never realistic as the powers that be don't see that investing and developing in players as an investment.

I'd give you Harry Forrester as a response to that. I'm not sure who you mean by "the powers that be." Are you saying that the Board should be dictating to the manager the kind of players he should sign?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on August 11, 2014, 06:42:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Remind me. Did we win 3-0 on Saturday or did I dream it?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on August 11, 2014, 07:01:02 pm by The Red Baron »
Remind me. Did we win 3-0 on Saturday or did I dream it?

Normal service was soon resumed!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on August 11, 2014, 07:07:01 pm by Wellred »
I wouldn't imagine we would have to wait too long for new owners.

Who for instance and dont say JR because he doesnt have the money.We d be in administration and points deducted,then league 2 or lower.

I have no idea. I am sure there would be someone however.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on August 11, 2014, 07:20:51 pm by the vicar »

Who for instance and dont say JR because he doesnt have the money.We d be in administration and points deducted,then league 2 or lower.
not if you knew the facts

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on August 11, 2014, 07:46:28 pm by Wellred »

not if you knew the facts

But that would depend on who they came from  ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on August 11, 2014, 07:51:22 pm by hoolahoop »
We'd have been in the shite without him simple as that

At what point?

without his couple of million a year keeping us afloat whether it be in the form of loans, share issues or whatever

Might be worthwhile someone actually finding out ( from each year end financial statement ) how much each "Owner" has put in, whether that loans or share issue.
Might not be as much as we think.( that is to say it may not be a couple of million per year).

The figures have been done to death on here previously when the accounts were released.

So, show them again then. I for one didn't see them.

There was an article on our home page for one.  Scroll through and you'll see it.
Thanks BFYP.
Is that the full list of loans? from Day 1 of TB/DW joining, if so that's a tad over 12 million, if only split between the "Owners, that's about 4 million each, over what is it 8 years, so 500 K per year each, not the 2 million Daggers seemed to suggest TB put in year on year.

Quote from: BigColSutherland on Today at 12:59:36 PM

Quote from: Dagenham Rover on Today at 12:53:13 PM

We'd have been in the shite without him simple as that

At what point?

without his couple of million a year keeping us afloat whether it be in the form of loans, share issues or whatever

I haven't a clue on the figure, but thats the sort of figure that seems to have been bandied around in the past however I did previously qualify somewhat in the original comment

Daggers that was the figure continually peddled out by the one and only...........John Ryan. It was to perpetuate the myth that he and he alone saved this club. For vicar, wellred , bcs and boomstick that was his USP.
For the record Vicar, you have put far more of your cash into this club proportionately over the years than probably the 3 of them combined !

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on August 11, 2014, 07:59:09 pm by Wellred »
and isn't that what I have been trying to get across for some time Hoola?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on August 11, 2014, 08:01:06 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Young progressive players like Andre Grey and Stevie May are what we should have been targeting when we were in the Championship. This was never realistic as the powers that be don't see that investing and developing in players as an investment.

I'd give you Harry Forrester as a response to that. I'm not sure who you mean by "the powers that be." Are you saying that the Board should be dictating to the manager the kind of players he should sign?

Someone told me that a certain ex chairman was fond of signing players without the managers consent.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on August 11, 2014, 08:19:01 pm by Wellred »

Someone told me that a certain ex chairman was fond of signing players without the managers consent.

Someone told me the moon is made of green cheese.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on August 11, 2014, 08:27:52 pm by redbrez »
If TB reads the crap on this forum and says sod it and walked away now where would that leave us

but thats the point were sustainable? so no difference to what we have now?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on August 11, 2014, 08:28:44 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

Someone told me the moon is made of green cheese.

Oh no!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on August 11, 2014, 08:35:17 pm by hoolahoop »
and isn't that what I have been trying to get across for some time Hoola?

It is in a way Wellred but just remember who peddled the "I/We put in over £2 million in each year" - fact is that was only said by JR.
Supporters always put more proportionately into their clubs than owners- its they who have constant arguments with their respective partners over their expenditure, its they who stand in the rain/snow 200 miles from home just to watch their team lose, its they who wonder what the coach trip back will be like ?
All this whilst the owners are playing at footy manager cosseted in their warm offices/smart cars or private planes.
Yes many a supporter especially those that live far away from the team they love ; spend far far more of their disposable income than many if not all owners.
Blood , sweat and tears is what a real supporter gives.

However Terry Bramall is the type of owner most supporters would have to run their clubs.

Vicar why don't you tell us all how and when your precious John Ryan was going to introduce us all to his backers Sequentia Capital or did he convince you too that there were a load of mates pitching in ?
Quite he had neither the cash nor the real business plan to take our club forward.......please accept that or tell us what your REAL facts are
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:38:26 pm by hoolahoop »

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on August 11, 2014, 08:35:41 pm by RTID75 »

I have no idea. I am sure there would be someone however.

Aye, (legitimate) prospective new owners would be queueing up to lose £x million per year.  :rolleyes:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on August 11, 2014, 08:36:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If TB reads the crap on this forum and says sod it and walked away now where would that leave us

but thats the point were sustainable? so no difference to what we have now?

Redbrez. I don't know how many times it needs pointing out. "Sustainable" does not equal "self-financing". It means running at an annual deficit that the Board is prepared to underwrite.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on August 11, 2014, 08:44:49 pm by redbrez »
i would like things different , and quite a few thing have upsrt me this   pre season, but at least we got a good start and i will reserve judgement and see how the season plans out, i just hope instead of relying on youth when we get injuries we infact get some loan signings in, but are first 11 is strong , its just the second 11 im worried about :-)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on August 11, 2014, 08:45:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Is that on top of the wages we spent bringing Billy Sharp and Federico Macheda to the club? Should we have brought that £2m striker in instead of them or as well as them?
The point I'm trying to make Bentley is that you can piss money out if every orifice but you are not guaranteed a particular outcome. Bournemouth spent a very large amount of a striker who turned out to be worse than Theo Robinson.

Last season, the director that you despise laid out funds to keep pretty much the entire title winning side together, and added Wellens, Forrester, Macheda, Duffy, Turnbull, Johnstone, Meite, Khumalo, Wabarra, Robinson, Bowery, Neill and Tamas to the wage bill.

Your response is that he should have spent another £2m plus £1m+ in wages. To produce an uncertain outcome (maybe the £2m striker would have been less effective than Billy Sharp). With respect, that sounds like the attitude of a spoilt kid.

Spending money doesn't guarantee success but on the other hand not spending enough guarantees failure!
Had we got a good striker at the start of the season, perhaps the need for recruitments in January might not have needed to be so drastic. Recruiting either Sharp or Macheda at the start of the season would have surfised.

Finally, suggesting that I have a hatred of Terry Bramall is nothing short of mischief making, and if TB does read this forum I hope to God he's not as easily deceived as your disciples.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:01:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on August 11, 2014, 09:13:10 pm by PDX_Rover »
Vicar: So what are the 'facts' around the failed takeover?

I'm all ears.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on August 11, 2014, 09:28:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My "disciples". I know I have a God complex but that is the daftest thing I've heard in ...well about 2 hours looking back on this thread.

For the record, I retract saying that you despise Bramall. That was uncalled for and I apologise. But I stand by my opinion that what you are saying us petulant bobbins.

a) had we done like Bournemouth and spent £4m (transfer plus wages) on a player like Rantie instead of Robinson, we would probably have been down by Easter, all other things being equal, given that he turned out to be a crock of shite who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
b) But then maybe we could have spent that £4m on a different striker. Say, we could have bought Billy Sharp in August. That would have been a statement if intent. That would have worked out well, eh, given that Sharp 2013/14 vintage looked like pulling a shirt on was about as much effort as he could be bothered to out in.

c) or perhaps we could accept that the Board actually out together a squad that would have comfortably reached a lower mid-table finish if it hadn't been decimated by appalling injuries. Maybe we could be grown up and accept that shit sometimes happens and not complain like bairns who have seen their mets get a bigger ice cream?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on August 11, 2014, 10:08:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There you go again! Of course buying a 2 million pound player might have back fired, just like it can, and sometimes does with any club. But it is a gamble that has to be taken if you want to compete with other clubs who are splashing out such fees (and more) on players.

TB obviously realised this as a necessity when he pushed the boat out if only in the loan market in January.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on August 11, 2014, 10:16:40 pm by IDM »
But it is a gamble that has to be taken

Not if the cost if too high or means we get a hefty fine or transfer embargo for exceeding FFP limits..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on August 11, 2014, 10:20:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
But it is a gamble that has to be taken

Not if the cost if too high or means we get a hefty fine or transfer embargo for exceeding FFP limits..

How much were Bournemouth fined?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on August 11, 2014, 10:23:38 pm by IDM »
I don't know when the season just finished is analysed for FFP to be honest, but it will be interesting to find out who has fallen foul and who, if anyone, has gotten round the rules...

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on August 12, 2014, 12:08:23 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Weren't they 3 cracking goals against Yeovil.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on August 12, 2014, 12:51:08 pm by Lipsy »
Board out when we lose and when we win? It could be a long season...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012