Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:13:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anti vsc chants  (Read 20400 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Anti vsc chants
« Reply #150 on August 18, 2014, 12:53:02 pm by Filo »
Filo, if you cannot read what has been posted previously properly, I have no reason to believe any subsequent posts would be treated any differently. So, I thank you for your query, but I will not be discussing this specific matter with you any further.

I'm sorry Col, maybe it's just me being a thick Taxi driver, but it appears to me that you're evading my direct questions to you, I'm merely trying to establish if your efforts will be reported back to us in the near future, something you seem very reluctant to expand upon, to the point that you will not be discussing the matter with me any further, my questions remain unanswered. I do hope you show more patience with the people you are talking to, I'm sure your expertise will come to the fore though!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on August 18, 2014, 12:56:26 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Filo, if you cannot read what has been posted previously properly, I have no reason to believe any subsequent posts would be treated any differently. So, I thank you for your query, but I will not be discussing this specific matter with you any further.

I'm sorry Col, maybe it's just me being a thick Taxi driver, but it appears to me that you're evading my direct questions to you, I'm merely trying to establish if your efforts will be reported back to us in the near future, something you seem very reluctant to expand upon, to the point that you will not be discussing the matter with me any further, my questions remain unanswered. I do hope you show more patience with the people you are talking to, I'm sure your expertise will come to the fore though!

The DRSG would love the opportunity to post a 'news, updates and activities' thread or story to this site so you can track our achievements and movements over the course of the season.

Its hard to keep tabs on a lot at the minute, and i think it would do good to help fans see that we're not just loudmouth busybodies and we are actually working hard to open dialogue with the club and supporters.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on August 18, 2014, 01:01:52 pm by Filo »

The DRSG would love the opportunity to post a 'news, updates and activities' thread or story to this site so you can track our achievements and movements over the course of the season.

Its hard to keep tabs on a lot at the minute, and i think it would do good to help fans see that we're not just loudmouth busybodies and we are actually working hard to open dialogue with the club and supporters.

Thats all very admirable, opening dialogue with the club, but first and foremost that dialogue must be open, transparent and not underhand, ringing the club up purporting to be some one else in an attempt to get answers is counter productive to honest dialogue, especially when it's a committee member of the organisation

After reading this post on our Facebook group complaining that a young man wasn't allowed to move his ST from the South to the West stand I decided to do a little digging and rang the ticket office. I claimed to be calling on behalf of my nephew (who actually IS a SS ticket holder!) and asked to move to the Northern end of the West.  I was told unequivocally that this wasn't possible and, after avoiding the reasoning for this for a good five minutes, I was told that the only person who could give me the answer was Charles Swallow. Obviously my next port of call was to phone Charles directly. Unfortunately the person I spoke to at reception wasn't prepared to put me through to him and was insistent that I email him the details (I don't have much faith in the club answering emails after I've had two ignored in the past). After MUCH persuasion she took my number and said she's pass it on to him.

My understanding is that it's been possible to move STs in the past so I'm very concerned why this is no longer the case. I shall update once (if?) Charles calls me back.

Neil.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on August 18, 2014, 01:04:35 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Not at all Filo, my nephew IS as ST holder in the SS as per your copy/paste from the DRSG forum. I wondered if they'd let him change from the South to the West. They wouldn't.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on August 18, 2014, 01:04:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Andrew, I think Wes has been speaking to 'em. Might be an idea to PM him on FB to see who those with the issues are.

I have messaged him.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on August 18, 2014, 01:08:27 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Cheers Andrew. I'll let him know incase it's gone to his "others" folder on FB.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on August 18, 2014, 01:12:22 pm by Tokyos Boot »

Thats all very admirable, opening dialogue with the club, but first and foremost that dialogue must be open, transparent and not underhand, ringing the club up purporting to be some one else in an attempt to get answers is counter productive to honest dialogue, especially when it's a committee member of the organisation

After reading this post on our Facebook group complaining that a young man wasn't allowed to move his ST from the South to the West stand I decided to do a little digging and rang the ticket office. I claimed to be calling on behalf of my nephew (who actually IS a SS ticket holder!) and asked to move to the Northern end of the West.  I was told unequivocally that this wasn't possible and, after avoiding the reasoning for this for a good five minutes, I was told that the only person who could give me the answer was Charles Swallow. Obviously my next port of call was to phone Charles directly. Unfortunately the person I spoke to at reception wasn't prepared to put me through to him and was insistent that I email him the details (I don't have much faith in the club answering emails after I've had two ignored in the past). After MUCH persuasion she took my number and said she's pass it on to him.

My understanding is that it's been possible to move STs in the past so I'm very concerned why this is no longer the case. I shall update once (if?) Charles calls me back.

Neil.

We're here to serve fans Filo... how could we take a grievance to the club about how they are operating something if we didn't have any evidence of how they are operating it??

Trying to turn a good, fan serving deed into some sort of propaganda Filo, come on, you can do better than that?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on August 18, 2014, 01:12:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I did it on here as he's online. I can't use Facebook messaging on my phone.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on August 18, 2014, 01:13:20 pm by IDM »
Is this not getting blown out of proportion?

A few fans chant anti-vsc stuff, one tweet that I saw too.  Plenty of forum users have issues with the VSC, but agree with them or not, at least they post them here.

Are the Club/VSC/DRSG etc supposed to react to every little voicing of discontent?  If there was an anti-VSC groundswell at the stadium, then fair enough, but I don't think the VSC needs to jump on this one.  Fair enough if those with issues raise them, but that is up to them surely?

As for the he said/I said pissing contests I find those boring and deflecting from the issues.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on August 18, 2014, 01:17:30 pm by silent majority »
TB,

Any chance you could respond to my question?

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on August 18, 2014, 01:22:01 pm by Tokyos Boot »
TB,

Any chance you could respond to my question?

Its not right to keep constant bickering on the internet Martin, if its possible i'd like to introduce myself at your AGM (or you'd be welcome to join us at ours if not) and we can talk about how we might plan a strategy together for the clubs benefit for EVERYONE this season eh?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on August 18, 2014, 01:24:32 pm by silent majority »
TB,

I agree, but if you are going to openly post manufactured allegations about me on this forum at least have the decency to support that, otherwise retract it.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on August 18, 2014, 01:29:29 pm by Tokyos Boot »
TB,

I agree, but if you are going to openly post manufactured allegations about me on this forum at least have the decency to support that, otherwise retract it.

Honestly mate, i literally can't be arsed to go through every post on previous threads you've made to provide evidence of you calling SLO's out and reminding them of their responsibilities every time someone has a gripe to solve arguments and spats on this forum. Its like you are the boss of the SLO's breathing down their necks putting pressure on them to pick up pieces, why not let the clubs professionals handle them and keep to your own business?

I think they have enough on their voluntary plate without your condescension.

You asked.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on August 18, 2014, 01:35:38 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Remember gents, it's not about personalities.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on August 18, 2014, 01:38:24 pm by silent majority »
TB,

Honestly mate, i literally can't be arsed to go through every post on previous threads you've made to provide evidence of you calling SLO's out and reminding them of their responsibilities every time someone has a gripe to solve arguments and spats on this forum. Its like you are the boss of the SLO's breathing down their necks putting pressure on them to pick up pieces, why not let the clubs professionals handle them and keep to your own business?

You asked.

But there you go again making accusations which you can't support. Find me the evidence where I've 'called them out' or acted as their boss.

Come on TB, step up.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on August 18, 2014, 01:40:55 pm by silent majority »
Remember gents, it's not about personalities.

Aren't you funny. Don't you get tired of trotting this one out Neil?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on August 18, 2014, 01:43:39 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Do you?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on August 18, 2014, 01:45:58 pm by silent majority »
This whole thread was intended to be yet a another attack on the VSC, yet for some reason when we defend ourselves you make it sound as though we are the ones at fault.

No apologies from me.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on August 18, 2014, 01:46:23 pm by Wellred »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on August 18, 2014, 01:47:23 pm by Tokyos Boot »
TB,

You asked.

But there you go again making accusations which you can't support. Find me the evidence where I've 'called them out' or acted as their boss.

Come on TB, step up.

All comments will be passed onto the club, we hope this will help to eradicate the problems ahead of Tuesday's game vs Preston. Thanks

I've lost count of the number of meetings I've had with the club on the catering issues. We've met with the caterers on several occasions, discussed improvements they could make, suggested queuing improvements and methods they could implement to improve the service. They listen, they agree, they promise, and then they do the complete opposite.

To remotely suggest they could make improvements before Tuesday is laughable. They've had two seasons to get it right, and yet they make major strides in the wrong direction.

In the BVB bar today the queue was back to the door very early on. Their reaction to that was to remove the queueing system and have a free for all instead. Nice move!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QN6CB23vL4

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on August 18, 2014, 01:50:55 pm by BigColSutherland »
Martin, TB has agreed to meet with you to discuss this. For the good of everyone, act like a grown up and just leave it at that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on August 18, 2014, 01:52:21 pm by silent majority »
Thanks TB,

Where in the hell does that post of mine mention the SLOs? I don't mention them at all, my post was about Centerplate and their management.

Thanks for the link. It just shows how little you know about me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on August 18, 2014, 01:53:58 pm by silent majority »
Martin, TB has agreed to meet with you to discuss this. For the good of everyone, act like a grown up and just leave it at that.

So, me arguing my point on a forum isn't acting like a grown up? Jeez Col, you've been the leading light on this for months, I was hoping to follow in your footsteps.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on August 18, 2014, 01:57:51 pm by Wellred »
This whole thread was intended to be yet a another attack on the VSC, yet for some reason when we defend ourselves you make it sound as though we are the ones at fault.

No apologies from me.

No apologies from me.

How anyone can construe the opening statement Heard some anti vsc chants tonight and at Yeovil. Just wondered if any one knows why they are being sung? as being an attack on the VSC is beyond me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on August 18, 2014, 02:12:22 pm by Filo »

Perhaps you could lead by example Col

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on August 18, 2014, 02:18:03 pm by GazLaz »

Perhaps you could lead by example Col

Yes James, grow up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012