Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 05:05:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anti vsc chants  (Read 20402 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Chants
« Reply #30 on August 14, 2014, 01:06:28 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I do read your posts on DRSG with interest, along with those who flit between forums on a regular basis and note your more moderate tone on there. Very commendable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Anti vsc chants
« Reply #31 on August 14, 2014, 02:34:59 am by PDX_Rover »
All a bit pointless really, isn't it? A bit school playground. I wonder if those chanting would like to explain their stance and perhaps some positive dialogue might be had? Is it anti-VSC in general or just certain elements. Maybe they are ex-Forum posters who have been banned for whatever reason? Either way, chants at matches are daft.... Engage in a proper conversation.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 14, 2014, 07:49:57 am by idler »
They might be better just chanting support for the team for 90 minutes.
 :scarf:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 14, 2014, 07:57:20 am by Nudga »
For me the DRSG lost all of it's credibility when certain members absolutely slaughtered a Leicester fan on the facebook group for wanting to go to Yeovil in his teams colours and a Leicester flag. A fans alliance has been created out of something quite tragic and has already raised a lot of money for charity and some of these short sighted numpties want to put the kybosh on it because they think that "it's gay", "full of self importance" and "look at me, I'm a Leicester fan".

They say they are voice for the disenchanted, all I've seen is that they want to squash the VSC into non-existence and to sit near the away fans and to get Bramall out. Brilliant! well done boys.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 14, 2014, 08:10:13 am by IDM »
I joined the VSC to take advantage of some of the offers occasionaly seen, plus also for access to certain areas of the forum to get more information on matters concerning DRFC.

I have no desire to join the VSC management or hierarchy, because I don't have the time and also I don't feel I need to make changes.

So although a "member" I feel impartial.  What I have noticed is that there are some posters who will jump on and twist anything to make anti-VSC arguments.  What these folks don't seem/don't want to see is that differences of opinion are very much welcome on the forum.  Where I see an issue is in how differences are presented, especially when claims are made that have no justification and where the posters are challenged or questioned, they ignore the discussion or say that because their opinions are debated then the VSC is ganging up on them.  Then they confuse the forum with the VSC...

I'm not going into cases, nor pointing the finger at individuals, and yes I do see the occasional over reaction from moderators but that most often follows provocation.  I then view the other forum and see twisted opinions on the VSC.  That appears here too and it is the twisting of things that annoys me most.  I have no issue at all with differences of opinion, not at all, but sometimes the arguments follow no logic at all.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 14, 2014, 08:56:54 am by idler »
 :that:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 14, 2014, 09:08:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I still don't see where nepotism comes into anything in the VSC...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 14, 2014, 09:09:40 am by silent majority »
The VSC is by definition a society that represents and works on behalf of the community. We've never excluded anyone, nor should we. Have we ever been approached by any individuals and then turned them away? No.
Have we ever ensured that our discussion topics with the club only covered certain sections of our supporter base? No. We specifically lobbied for SLOs to be appointed from the supporter base so that they could be the communication channel of choice rather than us. We instigated IRWT to ensure that all supporters benefited from a fan engagement programme at DRFC, one that has set the bar for other clubs to achieve. I could go on.

However my understanding of this argument is that we didn't support the request for a singing section. If that's the case then I'm mystified. We offered our help, me in particular, as I'd had plenty of experience with resolving disputes with singing sections at other clubs, yet I was told it wasn't needed. Fair enough, I made the offer.

But I must admit, seeing the endless discussions about what the VSC is, does, thinks, is perpetuated endlessly by people without any foundation at all. It's mischief making at best.

How about a proper grown up discussion about supporter issues? As anybody who knows me well enough I do more than my fare share for promoting those causes. I'll be in London today demonstrating for 'Affordable Football For All' at the PL and FL headquarters. Care to join me?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 14, 2014, 09:32:15 am by BigColSutherland »
I'll be in London today demonstrating for 'Affordable Football For All' at the PL and FL headquarters. Care to join me?

It's a bit short notice...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 14, 2014, 09:37:32 am by silent majority »
I'll be in London today demonstrating for 'Affordable Football For All' at the PL and FL headquarters. Care to join me?

It's a bit short notice...

No it's not. I mentioned it about a month ago and you responded to that. I can't bothered to dig out the thread.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 14, 2014, 09:41:52 am by Colin C No.3 »
thing is half if not more of the rovers fans will not
have a scobby what VSC is hence what chants are about

fcuking thick divs

Ha ha post of the year.

Surely not? You didn't grimace, grin, or even smile. You actually laughed ha ha. If only Robin Williams had had your positive outlook on life.

Sad b*****d.

I see the irony

Making fun of any situation where someone has taken their own life is sick. You still see the irony?
If only I could come up with one about Hitler in his bunker.......I'm trying. Got to be worth at least a wry smile.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:47:11 am by Colin C No.3 »

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 14, 2014, 09:43:28 am by BigColSutherland »
Cheer up Martin.

Anyway, I've found that thread - you never answered my question.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 14, 2014, 09:45:18 am by mjg »
 :boxing: FFs grow up

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 14, 2014, 12:30:45 pm by BigColSutherland »
I saw this article in yesterday's Guardian.

It's stating the obvious really and I can't imagine it will make a jot of difference in the Premier League.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 14, 2014, 12:32:35 pm by bpoolrover »
The reason bayern do not charge more is simply they get most of the tv money and don't need it

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 14, 2014, 12:34:49 pm by BigColSutherland »
The reason bayern do not charge more is simply they get most of the tv money and don't need it

Quite simply that is a load of old nonsense.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 14, 2014, 12:36:02 pm by bpoolrover »
And why is that have you seen the percentage of tv money they get compared to the rest

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 14, 2014, 12:37:45 pm by BigColSutherland »
Yes I have thanks. Have you?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 14, 2014, 12:42:32 pm by bobjimwilly »
Enjoy your day darn in t'capital Martin :aok:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 14, 2014, 12:47:30 pm by bpoolrover »
Yep hence why they win the league every year by 15 points or so,so you could ask if the fans are getting much for there money

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 14, 2014, 12:57:09 pm by BigColSutherland »
Yep hence why they win the league every year by 15 points or so,so you could ask if the fans are getting much for there money

Right, firstly, that doesn't happen. Dortmund won it two years on the spin - 2010/11, 2011/12. Bayern have picked up three of the last 6 titles. So they don't win it every year.

And secondly, how does them winning the league reveal their TV revenue figures? It doesn't. Bayern's wealth is founded upon their commerical accumen. They bring in about 100m Euros a year more than their nearest rivals through sponsorship, merchandising and various other commercial activities.

Like the Premier League, broadcasting revenue is failry evenly split in the Bundesliga. The winners get slightly more than the runners up - but it's about 1 million Euros. It's hardly the sort of stuff empires are built on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 14, 2014, 01:24:41 pm by Filo »

Right, firstly, that doesn't happen. Dortmund won it two years on the spin - 2010/11, 2011/12. Bayern have picked up three of the last 6 titles. So they don't win it every year.

And secondly, how does them winning the league reveal their TV revenue figures? It doesn't. Bayern's wealth is founded upon their commerical accumen. They bring in about 100m Euros a year more than their nearest rivals through sponsorship, merchandising and various other commercial activities.

Like the Premier League, broadcasting revenue is failry evenly split in the Bundesliga. The winners get slightly more than the runners up - but it's about 1 million Euros. It's hardly the sort of stuff empires are built on.

Wow! And only yesterday you wrote this:

I tend not to put all of my thoughts in one massive post. If that's what you're into, then perhaps Jonathan is more your cup of tea.

A change of policy perhaps? ;)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 14, 2014, 01:30:39 pm by dknward2 »
A quoted from one of the greman chairman or owners was something like 'yes we could charge 400 and it would bring in an extra 2 million to the club, but you would spend 5 mins talking about 2 mill in a transfer but that money to a fan is a lot more important thats whats wrong with english football'

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 14, 2014, 01:42:44 pm by BigColSutherland »
Filo - it's 5 lines. Perhaps our understandings of "massive" are somewhat different.

Anyway, have you any thoughts to add on the topic in hand?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 14, 2014, 03:31:31 pm by Filo »
Filo - it's 5 lines. Perhaps our understandings of "massive" are somewhat different.

Nope, nothing to add.

Perhaps you'd like to recount your lines, I think you'll find there's more than double of what you claim

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 14, 2014, 04:00:08 pm by MrWoodySir »
Maybe he was looking for a date and maybe he thinks thats the best way of doing it

If he is gay good luck just dont involve me thank you
What a strange thing to say. Hardly mature is it?  :facepalm:

It feels like I'm dealing with a bunch of kindergartens on this forum sometimes.  :headbang:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 14, 2014, 06:08:27 pm by BigColSutherland »

Nope, nothing to add.

Perhaps you'd like to recount your lines, I think you'll find there's more than double of what you claim
Depends on your screen size sir. I'm talking lines, not sentences.

What that has to do with the topic though I don't know. It was my understanding this sort of behaviour was being clamped down upon?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 14, 2014, 08:26:03 pm by Viking Don »
Fookin ell, anti-VSC? What next?

I thought we were all Rovers fans, now here we are splitting into sects, fookin 'ell, it's like the middle east. Get a grip FFS.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 14, 2014, 10:51:31 pm by silent majority »
Can I just say I was disappointed to miss tonight's 'Meet the Owners event'' but the march in London was organised long before the club announced the date for the Keepmoat.

However I was pleased to see it went well. More than that our march was well reported and our meetings with the PL and FL went well. Hopefully the detail will come out in the next few days, but movement on match categorisation and encouraging away fan attendance will become policy from both. I hope to expand on that in the next few days.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/14/the-fiver-bundesliga-premier-league-ticket-prices

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:37:35 pm by silent majority »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012