Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:55:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: PQ Future decided in 24 Hours  (Read 8798 times)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: PQ Future decided in 24 Hours
« Reply #30 on August 21, 2014, 05:53:07 pm by Lipsy »
RW should have kept his counsel. There was nothing to be gained from saying what he did, apart from a) once again announcing to the world that he was available, and b) slating the board.

So, to repeat others' words, f**k him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 21, 2014, 06:05:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Lipsy, if he plays for us again it will be obvious that the board haven't take as much offence at his remarks as you have.

Myself, along with many others have spoke their minds about the disillusionment they feel towards the present set up. That doesn't make us any less fans of the club. Wellens' disappointment of the new proposals must have been far greater than ours, considering it is his livelihood and not, like us supporters, just a worry the effect it may have on the team.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 21, 2014, 06:13:50 pm by Lipsy »
I'm not bothered by what he said, nor am I arguing that he was wrong in what he said. Heck, I might even agree with him.

However, I do think he should have kept his mouth shut and I also think that time - and money - are against him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 21, 2014, 06:27:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well if he wants to play in the Championship again, then good luck to him. That means he has no wish to stay here. So f**k him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 21, 2014, 06:29:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm not bothered by what he said, nor am I arguing that he was wrong in what he said. Heck, I might even agree with him.

However, I do think he should have kept his mouth shut and I also think that time - and money - are against him.

But it's difficult to keep your mouth shut when you're being interviewed and asked your opinion. Should you lie to seek popularity, or should you tell the truth as you see it?

Personally I prefer honesty over grovelling.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 21, 2014, 06:29:40 pm by IDM »
I really don't care too much what RW and PQ may have said, venting their spleens.  If PD sees fit to keep them if they don't/won't/can't move on, then play them.  Let them do their talking on the pitch?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 21, 2014, 06:39:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well if he wants to play in the Championship again, then good luck to him. That means he has no wish to stay here. So f*** him.

Why? Don't you think Rovers will get back there?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 21, 2014, 06:52:19 pm by Lipsy »
I don't think getting back to the Championship is on the agenda. Paul Dickov earlier: “It is going to be a building process for the next season or so - possibly beyond that."

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 21, 2014, 06:57:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Yep

In 12 months time. And Wellens will then be too old for that level.

Next question.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 21, 2014, 07:14:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB.

Yep

In 12 months time. And Wellens will then be too old for that level.

Next question.

I'll give you the next question when you get the previous one right!

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 21, 2014, 07:59:07 pm by Lifelong supporter »

What's all the fuss about?
Footballers wanting to play at the highest level they can, and earn as much as they can.
What's new?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 21, 2014, 08:19:43 pm by RedJ »
It's just laughable that a player is kicking off about having to stick to a clause he's obviously agreed to when he's signed his contract...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 21, 2014, 08:29:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to the interview and I certainly got the impression PQ will be off. On the RW front, I get the impression PD thinks he will be here on 31st.

TBH I'd rather we didn't have this scenario and I wouldn't lose any sleep if  RW left. I'm sure all concerned would rather the situation would have been avoided...by staying up.

My concern is should RW stay, how committed will he be and what effect will it have on the squad. In answer to the second part, PD must have thought about this and there's a reason why RW is training with the first team squad.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 21, 2014, 08:38:41 pm by elmsallrover »
Personally I would play them both sat doing naff all while the club pays there wages the team and results come first

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 21, 2014, 08:52:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What we won't be aware of, there may be a 'gentlemen's agreement' between PD and RW.

I suspect RW, after the takeover farce, may be more understanding of the clubs situation and having seen Copps' situation resolved he may be less determined to leave. Albeit, if another offer does come in, then he will go with PD's blessing. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 21, 2014, 08:58:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I would play them both too. You can't have a loyal players only policy in football.

If the policy is to just recruit players who are loyal to their clubs, how will we get them to be disloyal and join us?

The only 'loyal' players who would be available to us would be unwanted players, and out of contract ones.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 21, 2014, 09:09:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

It's got sod all to do with "loyalty".

It's got everything to do with being prepared to focus on doing a job for your employer and being prepared to put 100% in, risking injury if necessary, rather than (as Wellens himself said this time last year) not giving 100% because you've got more than half an eye on what your next career move is.

Loyalty in football is, for the most part, a fantasy. None if us who think about this situation are talking about loyalty. But professional commitment is a given. If a player is not prepared to offer that to an employer, he is worthless to them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 21, 2014, 09:14:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
At the end of the day it sounds like PD's decisions. Once bitten twice shy with PQ and he wants him out pronto.

With RW, he's probably agreed not to play him for risk of injury and potentially scuppering a move, whilst agreeing that if no offer comes in and he stays, RW will commit 100%. Otherwise I think RW would also be training with the youth team.     

Two different reasons why PD won't play them. Could be wrong.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 21, 2014, 09:15:30 pm by RedArmy »
Can't believe people are saying. "f**k him" about RW by far the best player in this division if he was to play.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 21, 2014, 09:18:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Red Army. Your final five words are crucial. If he wanted to play for us, grand. I'd have him in the team at the drop of a hat. If he doesn't then f**k him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 21, 2014, 09:18:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST you are right of course, in theory, but in practice Richie Wellens this time last year was better than anything else we'd got available, and still was even when playing in second gear.

He would be our best option now if he only played in first gear.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:09:39 am by Bentley Bullet »

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 21, 2014, 09:25:39 pm by RedArmy »
Red Army. Your final five words are crucial. If he wanted to play for us, grand. I'd have him in the team at the drop of a hat. If he doesn't then f*** him.

He's not once said he doesn't want to play for us? Said he didn't think he was going to stay, which coppinger also said.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 21, 2014, 09:29:48 pm by The Red Baron »
This says to me that Quinn is about to reach a settlement with the club which will allow him to leave. Maybe as a free agent he thinks he'll have more chance of finding a club.

I think Wellens will go as well, but probably just before the window closes. However, whereas I think Quinn has burned his bridges with Dickov I do think Wellens would be welcomed back into the fold if he didn't move. hence the fact that he's training with the first team.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 21, 2014, 09:30:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So let's stop and halve a think.

Dickov was prepared to play Wellens this time last year, on non-contract terms, when Wellens himself admitted that he wasn't prepared to give 100% for fear of getting an injury that would finish his career without having any contractual back-up.

Now, Wellens IS contracted to us, but he's not playing. Do you reckon that is Dickov's decision. Think a bit about last year's situation before you answer.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 21, 2014, 09:32:41 pm by RedArmy »

Dickov was prepared to play Wellens this time last year, on non-contract terms, when Wellens himself admitted that he wasn't prepared to give 100% for fear of getting an injury that would finish his career without having any contractual back-up.

Now, Wellens IS contracted to us, but he's not playing. Do you reckon that is Dickov's decision. Think a bit about last year's situation before you answer.

No I think it's dickov and the clubs decision, they either want him here on 80% reduced wages or they want him gone to free up that money.

So why would they play him if he was to leave next week?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 21, 2014, 09:33:15 pm by Wellred »

So if it is Wellens who is refusing to play is that not a breach of his contract and we could sack him?
Or have I got you wrong?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 21, 2014, 09:36:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
Having listen to Richies interview not once was he derogatory to the club. He comes across as disappointed as he believed the players that were coming in would be the best way to get straight back which he believed that what the club and fans deserved. So if he stays I believe he will do his best for the club, manager and supporters, if he goes it will be for better pay.

Now if we are to believe the club on all things from budget changes to players then it's PD's decision he is not playing because he said so.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 21, 2014, 10:06:05 pm by RedArmy »
People picking faults is boring as it is false. Not once has wellness suggested he doesn't want to play for this club, he's disappointed the club haven't worked things out and he may have to leave but he doesn't say he wants to leave and doesn't want to be here. Go by the facts!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 21, 2014, 10:28:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No, I'm not saying that Wellens is refusing to play. I'm saying that to me, the most obvious situation is that
a) Wellens doesn't want to play for us (he's said so. He thinks he's good enough for the Championship and he's probably right.)
b) Wellens wants a move
c) If Wellens plays for us and gets badly injured, then he's screwed
d) Dickov is being honorable to the player, giving him the opportunity to sort out the last move of his career without Wellens running the risk of picking up injury.

I honestly can't see any other sensible logic.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 21, 2014, 11:19:32 pm by Not Now Kato »
ki
People picking faults is boring as it is false. Not once has wellness suggested he doesn't want to play for this club, he's disappointed the club haven't worked things out and he may have to leave but he doesn't say he wants to leave and doesn't want to be here. Go by the facts!

What's to work out?  He has a contract, that he happily signed, specifies exactly what he should get. Nothing to work out.

Oh, he's now unhappy with the terms of the contract he agreed to.  Well tough matey, welcome to the real world.

If he didn't like the terms for failure then he should have negotiated better at the time. 

He may have been misled by promises from JR, but JR isn't running things, and wasn't in a position to make such promises anyway.  No need to go spouting off to the media complaining that he deserves more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012