Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:44:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: PQ Future decided in 24 Hours  (Read 8797 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: PQ Future decided in 24 Hours
« Reply #60 on August 22, 2014, 03:26:49 am by Canadian Rover »
Don't see why we can't have Keegan on a longer contract... He's the typical type of player that should beon our books anyhow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 22, 2014, 07:54:34 am by RJHeader »
BB

It's got sod all to do with "loyalty".

It's got everything to do with being prepared to focus on doing a job for your employer and being prepared to put 100% in, risking injury if necessary, rather than (as Wellens himself said this time last year) not giving 100% because you've got more than half an eye on what your next career move is.

Loyalty in football is, for the most part, a fantasy. None if us who think about this situation are talking about loyalty. But professional commitment is a given. If a player is not prepared to offer that to an employer, he is worthless to them.

Any footballer would be the same. He was helping us out by playing at all. And when he 'wasn't giving 100%' he still managed to be by far our best option in midfield.

If that was Wellens not giving 100% last year. I would welcome him back with open arms if he was only going to give the same effort this year.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 22, 2014, 08:31:13 am by DonnyOsmond »
Quinn messed us about two seasons in a row and was disrespectful, so shouldn't play for us again. Wellens was respectful and came out with some truths even if fans don't like what they heard. Wellens is a quality player and I'd love him to stay but only if Keegan stayed aswell which I doubt we can keep them both. I also don't want De Val being pushed down the pecking order if Wellens stayed. Both Wellens and De Val together would be nice to see.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 22, 2014, 08:42:31 am by jonnydog »
But that'll never happen. Why would ANYONE play Wellens and De Val together when they can play Keegan and Furman together!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 22, 2014, 08:52:31 am by wing commander »
  Wellens hasn't had any offers that are suitable...His age and injury record goes against him...Personally I dont care if he's Lionel Messi I only want to pay to watch players proud and happy to put on a Rovers shirt,and if that someone isn't as good well so be it..Listening to Dickov's interview it sounds like if he doesn't get any better offers he will stay...How does that work when he has put in his notice period??

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 22, 2014, 08:56:36 am by RJHeader »
  Wellens hasn't had any offers that are suitable...His age and injury record goes against him...Personally I dont care if he's Lionel Messi I only want to pay to watch players proud and happy to put on a Rovers shirt,and if that someone isn't as good well so be it..Listening to Dickov's interview it sounds like if he doesn't get any better offers he will stay...How does that work when he has put in his notice period??

Couldnt disagree more with this. There is no loyalty in football, not all players are 'proud to wear the shirt' especially when its a team like us. If he's good enough and improves the team, i couldnt care less if he wasnt 'proud'

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 22, 2014, 11:37:11 am by eastender »
Liam Hoden ‏@liamhoden  5m
Led to believe a departure from Rovers for Paul Quinn will be announced in next few days. Understand he could be heading back north #drfc

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 22, 2014, 11:45:48 am by DonnyNoel »
Bit of a shame in some ways - a decent and versatile player who was always committed on the pitch whose ability would be welcomed at the moment. Wonder if we'll ever get to know the full details of what's happened.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 22, 2014, 11:52:18 am by wing commander »
Up to Scotland no doubt...Had to happen there was no way back for him this time....

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 22, 2014, 12:28:13 pm by Donny Viking »
First ever post - always viewed but never contributed....

Quin, Wellens please go and free up money for players who really want to play for our club.  Neither of you are contributing to the team at the moment, as you don't want to spoil a new bigger contract elsewhere  - but are still happy taking the salary that you actually signed up to.

Whether you are a fan of Keegan or not - he's only signed a one month contract and still puts his body on the line every game - he's in a worse position that Quin or Wellens, if Keegan breaks a leg and is out for 12 months, next month he'll have no income - if Quin or Wellens get hurt then they will just have to suffer on a lower salary for the next 12 months, but still get paid.

I know which characters I'd rather keep at the club.

Support the players that want to be here (whether he's you favourite or not) - those that don't thanks but pxxx off.... http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/Smileys/aaron/smiley-underchair.gif

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 22, 2014, 12:40:45 pm by Canadian Rover »
Great debut post.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 22, 2014, 12:43:45 pm by wing commander »
I can see I'm going to like Donny Viking..lol

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 22, 2014, 01:31:40 pm by RJHeader »
First ever post - always viewed but never contributed....

Quin, Wellens please go and free up money for players who really want to play for our club. Neither of you are contributing to the team at the moment, as you don't want to spoil a new bigger contract elsewhere  - but are still happy taking the salary that you actually signed up to.

Whether you are a fan of Keegan or not - he's only signed a one month contract and still puts his body on the line every game - he's in a worse position that Quin or Wellens, if Keegan breaks a leg and is out for 12 months, next month he'll have no income - if Quin or Wellens get hurt then they will just have to suffer on a lower salary for the next 12 months, but still get paid.

I know which characters I'd rather keep at the club.

Support the players that want to be here (whether he's you favourite or not) - those that don't thanks but pxxx off.... http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/Smileys/aaron/smiley-underchair.gif

Dickov said he doesnt want to play them while there is doubt over their future, thats why they arent contributing anything at the moment. I wouldnt describe Keegan as 'putting his body on the line every game', agreed he's a good player. But compare that to Wellens when he was on a month to month contract last year and in terms of comittment and putting bodies on the line, theres no difference. Apart from that Wellens has twice the ability of PK.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 22, 2014, 02:02:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes RJ. And three times the wages. Your solution?

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 22, 2014, 02:07:26 pm by timdrfc »
Paul Quinn gone by mutual consent

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 22, 2014, 02:07:58 pm by wing commander »
My solution is basic enough.....let him run down his clause to the 31st if that's what he wanted and pat him on the back,thank him very much for all his service...Then go and see about spending his wages on a decent contract for Keegan and a centre midfielder who see his chance here...

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 22, 2014, 02:15:24 pm by Donny Viking »
Zip Dog - should have done this 2 weeks ago - but thanks for now doing the right thing.  Shame it ended this way and always thought you where a top player and when played gave 100% - shame you don't train until September though. :byebye: and good luck.

Richie over to you......

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 22, 2014, 02:17:07 pm by Rios »
My solution is basic enough.....let him run down his clause to the 31st if that's what he wanted and pat him on the back,thank him very much for all his service...Then go and see about spending his wages on a decent contract for Keegan and a centre midfielder who see his chance here...

You're assuming that it's our clause rather than his clause.  I understood it that it was his clause to activate and if he fails to activate it the remaining year of his contract on a reduced wage kicks in.  If it was the other way around surely we'd have taken a much harder line with Quinn when he failed to report back for pre-season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 22, 2014, 02:18:33 pm by IDM »
Paul Quinn gone by mutual consent

Source..?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 22, 2014, 02:20:33 pm by Wild Rover »
DRFC Official Site, Newsnow site, Twitter.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:23:02 pm by Wild Rover »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 22, 2014, 02:28:18 pm by IDM »
Thanks..

Seen it now, had been following #drfc and had seen nowt official on there from the club...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 22, 2014, 02:30:44 pm by GazLaz »
We forced his hand. Good management,

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 22, 2014, 02:31:16 pm by IDM »
So, the question is does getting PQ off the wage bill now allow us to sign Keegan on proper terms, or will that depend on what happens with Wellens too?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 22, 2014, 02:33:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So, the question is does getting PQ off the wage bill now allow us to sign Keegan on proper terms, or will that depend on what happens with Wellens too?

I'd like to think it means we can get a young, pacey and versatile defender in to replace Quinn.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 22, 2014, 02:42:14 pm by Donny Viking »
RJ - Keegan's future at Donny is no more assured than Wellens, yet Dickov feels able to play him and not Wellens despite the obvious difference in ability and potential impact to a game.  This tells you something about the situation.  Last time Wellens was on a monthly contract he wanted to stay, this time he doesn't or not for the money he signed up for anyway.  Regards body on line Keegans role is to tackle and break up their play - in both games I've seen this season he's done this very well and not shirked his responsibilities or pulled out of a tackle, in fact he has stayed on when Furman has been subbed - he's much more likely to get injured than Wellens.  I'm a big fan of Wellens (and Quin), but if you are taking a salary out of the club you have to offer something back and now.  Wellens should either convince Dickov he can play whilst the situations resolves itself or bite the bullet and walk away, freeing up money to replace him with somebody who can play.  Did you see our bench on Tuesday?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 22, 2014, 02:42:40 pm by GazLaz »
You would imagine extending Wabara's contract would be the plan.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 22, 2014, 02:51:23 pm by Wild Rover »
Or Hope JM is coming in on loan.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 22, 2014, 02:55:05 pm by keyser_soze »
Quinn gone according to Twitter

"@quinny_14: Firstly I would like to thank everyone at @drfc_official for everything that they have done for me over past 2 years . fans ,staff & players"

"@quinny_14: its sad that the journey ends but I wish everyone at the club success not just this season but in the future .I will miss all the lads .."

"@quinny_14: I know the group well and expect a big season from them individually and collectively so all the very best troops really mean it xx"

Etc
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:57:06 pm by keyser_soze »

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 22, 2014, 03:00:23 pm by keyser_soze »
@liamhoden: Rovers have confirmed Paul Quinn's contract has been cancelled by mutual consent #drfc

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 22, 2014, 03:08:49 pm by coventryrover »
Juan Mata ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012