Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:53:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: taxi for dickov?  (Read 15369 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
taxi for dickov?
« on August 30, 2014, 05:11:45 pm by Donnyjim »
Out of his depth I'm afraid. Not for the first time. Where do you start? Team selection? Formation? Reactive substitions? Bottom half manager. History has dictated this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: taxi for dickov?
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2014, 05:13:37 pm by Dare to dream! »
He won't get sacked this season unless we are right down there which won't happen.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2014, 05:22:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
And so it continues... After a defeat, the calls for him to be sacked. Jesus wept.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2014, 05:27:15 pm by colincramb »
To be fair, when you don't have a single shot of any note on target at home, against a side that hasn't won this season what do you expect people to say? We were terrible today. Never looked like scoring, piss poor movement, no creativity and again caught cold from a set piece.

In certainly not advocating for Dickov to go before people start, but he needs to get a grip on home performances.

Awful today, truly awful

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 30, 2014, 05:30:10 pm by bpoolrover »
What should happen is the players should take the blame,not 1 person who wants dickov out was saying how wonderful he was against Yeovil and Watford,did not make it today but from I heard there were mistakes all over the pitch u can't blame him for that

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 30, 2014, 05:31:03 pm by Donnyjim »
Please can I have some positives then? I'm struggling to be honest.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 30, 2014, 05:33:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Only positive was that Oldham missed at least three absolute sitters.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 30, 2014, 05:37:06 pm by dknward2 »
Positive oldham should have won 5-0 we got lucky to only lose 2-0

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2014, 05:38:02 pm by bpoolrover »
Didn't see today but just don't see how the manager gets the blame when players can't pass

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 30, 2014, 05:38:52 pm by colincramb »
Can't think of any positives today, other than we've got a 2 week break now to try and sort things out

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2014, 05:39:07 pm by Wellred »
One positive was that the referee didn't give McCullough a red card. I have no idea why he didn't because if that was a penalty and he was in a goal scoring opportunity it had to be a red card.

Mind you I didn't think it was a penalty.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 30, 2014, 05:40:28 pm by MiKA »
Positive for me today is that I couldn't go due to work so saved £46.

I wasn't at the game so I'm just going off what others have said, I still stand behind Dickov but he badly needs to sort out our tactics at home otherwise the gates will keep dropping and the fans that are left will be calling for his head.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 30, 2014, 05:40:54 pm by elmsallrover »
Its easier to sack 1 person than 11

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 30, 2014, 05:49:01 pm by Donnyrovers »
I couldn't make today but calling for Dickovs head after one defeat especially when the last three games the team has played well and he has been praised. The players have to take responsibility that team put out was good enough to beat Oldham.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 30, 2014, 05:55:50 pm by glosterred »
He should have been sacked after the FA Cup game against Stevenage last season, he should again been sacked at the end of the season when we got relegated and he should be sacked after that performance - two very poor home games I've seen now, PV and today. Nothing has changed or improved for a long time, get rid now!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 30, 2014, 06:06:36 pm by colincramb »
The problem is these performances aren't just isolated incidents now. That was a good team on paper out there today yet we played like a team at the bottom of the table. Either the players aren't good enough or it's the manager. Maybe it's a combination of both, I don't know

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 30, 2014, 06:09:30 pm by i_ateallthepies »
When the players are so jittery they just lump it up bypassing the midfield there's nothing the manager can do with the tactics to combat it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 30, 2014, 06:16:08 pm by bpoolrover »
Not many managers would hAve put up with what pd has these last 2 seasons due to circumstances that are nothing to do with him

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 30, 2014, 06:23:01 pm by StocksArmy »
It's like someone thought of my worst nightmare the charged me £23 to see it.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 30, 2014, 06:30:28 pm by elmsallrover »
Can someone tell me what's paul butlers job at the rovers his because when we were bringing the subs on he was there showing the players a tactics board and whats his history in playing and coaching in football ?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 30, 2014, 06:32:14 pm by the vicar »
Out of his depth I'm afraid. Not for the first time. Where do you start? Team selection? Formation? Reactive substitions? Bottom half manager. History has dictated this.
that is exactly where we are bottom half, they were shit and we was worse

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 30, 2014, 06:33:43 pm by sf9944 »
Dear me.  Stop looking for someone to blame.  No basis for having a go at Butler!

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 30, 2014, 06:39:32 pm by Ian Nimmo »
that is exactly where we are bottom half, they were shit and we was worse

Whilst some would say it's harsh (giddings for one) you do have to question PD ability.
He continues to be defensive with his selections at home, today it was clear after 15 mins that it wasn't working again, doesn't bring a sub on at half time, and then three together.
Sorry but for me he his inept and has to go

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 30, 2014, 06:42:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Can someone tell me what's paul butlers job at the rovers his because when we were bringing the subs on he was there showing the players a tactics board and whats his history in playing and coaching in football ?

He's the first team coach. He didn't play and was a coach at Oldham with Dickov.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 30, 2014, 06:45:18 pm by dickos1 »
Unbelievable how quiet it is on here after a victory, but after a defeat, within minutes the same old faces re appear with the same old shite.
Boring the pants off everyone

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 30, 2014, 06:47:20 pm by Dare to dream! »
Seen a lot of talk from LVG about as a manager it is important to have a philosophy

SOD - Passing Play
DS -  Rigid and strong

I don't think we could all be unanimous on PD's philosophy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:14:33 pm by Dare to dream! »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 30, 2014, 06:49:05 pm by Wellred »
Unbelievable how quiet it is on here after a victory, but after a defeat, within minutes the same old faces re appear with the same old shite.

You can't blame people for moaning about that rubbish today. People have spent hard earned money to watch that. You pay your money you are entitled to vent your feelings.
It is also no doubt the case that it probably hurts the fans more than it does the players.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 30, 2014, 06:49:52 pm by Wellred »
Seen a lot of talk from LVG about as a manager it is important to have a philospohy

SOD - Passing Play
DS -  Rigid and strong

I don't think we could all be unanimous on PD's philoshophy

Philosophy

There you are.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Dickov
« Reply #28 on August 30, 2014, 07:11:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
On the back of a defeat you could understand players being jittery and hesitant. Someone has to put their finger on why it's happening. No fear away from home. Fear at home, players running away from the ball. That seemed to change when Jones went off v PNE and the players stepped up. Just an observation.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 30, 2014, 07:14:38 pm by Ian Nimmo »

There is only one person boring the pants off everyone, and that is PD with his team selection and style of play at the keepmoat.
Sorry if you are offended by this, but people will not turn up at the keepmoat to watch rubbish like the last 3 games.
How many times did we challenge their goal today?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012