Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:56:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Two Observations  (Read 2682 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Two Observations
« on August 30, 2014, 05:39:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »
1. How come when Jones and their lad were flattened Oldham managed to get a bandage round their lads head and taped up while he was still on the pitch so he got straight back on and Jonesy  was off before we even started bandaging him up so he was off the field 3/4 minutes after the restart.

2. Did anybody else see the groundsman at half time hassling the Oldham goalie and coach by wandering in front of them flattening divots as they were warming up,  something was obviously said to him and he replied and was pointing his fork at the goalie, and then he just moved from directly inbetween the goalie and coach to just slightly to the side of them  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

Re: Two Observations
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2014, 06:19:31 pm by GM-MarkB »
No.2 ...I wouldn't want to mess with Jim  :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2014, 06:48:54 pm by Filo »
One observation from me, are lino's not allowed to kick the ball back to a player when it's out of play? Today the ball gets chucked back from the crowd, it bounced and gently hit the lino on the back and he avoids it like it would give him some horrible infectious disease

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2014, 09:48:55 pm by uptonson »
One observation from me, are lino's not allowed to kick the ball back to a player when it's out of play? Today the ball gets chucked back from the crowd, it bounced and gently hit the lino on the back and he avoids it like it would give him some horrible infectious disease

Football League rule.  Can't touch ball as he will have to take his eyes off the field of play and might miss something.

Armthorpe mickler

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 30, 2014, 10:06:32 pm by Armthorpe mickler »
Woman lino was rubbish did'nt give Rovers anything all day.Ref was poor as well.Oldham should have won 5-0 though so can't moan.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2014, 08:06:39 am by GazLaz »
Our physio was pathetic in the clash of heads incident.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2014, 08:38:19 am by Northants Nomad »
1. How come when Jones and their lad were flattened Oldham managed to get a bandage round their lads head and taped up while he was still on the pitch so he got straight back on and Jonesy  was off before we even started bandaging him up so he was off the field 3/4 minutes after the restart.

They weren't the same injury. One was back of head, one was eye. May be that one was cut open, the other just a small wound. Like most people, I was in the stands so I don't know the details - what I DO know is that I tend to leave those sorts of things to the experts and let them do the patching up without questioning their work!  ;-)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2014, 08:51:19 am by Dagenham Rover »

They weren't the same injury. One was back of head, one was eye. May be that one was cut open, the other just a small wound. Like most people, I was in the stands so I don't know the details - what I DO know is that I tend to leave those sorts of things to the experts and let them do the patching up without questioning their work!  ;-)

I'm not questioning their work!
 The ref should have got there player off the field of play to bandage him up, he did tell him in the end but by then the bandage was near enough on so the physio just carried on till he had finished, Whilst I appreciate we have to be a bit careful with Jonesy we were at a disadvantage for three or four minutes because therir physio managed to get him bandaged up while on the field of play and we did not!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2014, 08:57:57 am by jonnydog »
Our physio was pathetic in the clash of heads incident.

The doc that checked Jones over was worse. Didn't even take his hands out of his pockets!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2014, 11:30:06 am by The Red Baron »
I thought Jones was concussed at first. Maybe that's why the physio was slow to treat the cut. Elokobi didn't seem to be as badly shaken up.

Talk about an irresistable force meeting an immovable object.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2014, 09:48:44 pm by 1879Rovers »
That Elokobi was one big bloke!

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2014, 02:40:40 pm by POD »

Copps will testify to that.  Elokobi flattened him during the FA Cup tie at home to Wolves a few years ago, for which he was rightly sent off!

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2014, 03:08:36 pm by BRMC_rover »

I made him as my boxer on Fight Night Round 3 a few years ago when me and a mate used to joke he was a boxer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012