Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:20:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mason and Yun  (Read 2426 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Mason and Yun
« on November 08, 2014, 11:18:19 pm by Dare to dream! »
Both players we've had on loan who have recently been playing regularly for their teams in the Prem! I think we would all agree that both of them didn't shine but you saw good bits and bad bits from them both.

Anyway my point is that I see a lot of people on here quick to dismiss the talent of our youth players but would you say when Mason and Yun were playing for us they would be Prem regulars? No. Sometimes it's about being given a chance or being shown a bit of faith by the manager that can make a young player perform/turn good. Let's not be so quick to dismiss our younger lads!

Im not a fan of Dickov but whether it's been forced on him or not he is trying to get the youth a chance and thats's one of his good points.

Just on Mason I watched him play for Spurs against Villa last Sunday and was really impressed with him! Fair play to Pochettino for giving him a chance.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mason and Yun
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2014, 11:35:30 pm by Canadian Rover »
Mason was quality for us for a young 'un.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 08, 2014, 11:42:54 pm by IDM »
Got injured here didn't he?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 08, 2014, 11:45:29 pm by Donnybax »
Was having a stormer in the cup game at home to tranmere and got stretchered off. A few days after sharp and hayter were stretchered off at Brighton if I remember rightly.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 08, 2014, 11:51:30 pm by IDM »
True, who's to know what could have been if not for those injuries??

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 09, 2014, 12:02:45 am by Drover »
Was having a stormer in the cup game at home to tranmere and got stretchered off. A few days after sharp and hayter were stretchered off at Brighton if I remember rightly.
Was that when we had Dr Death and a wage bill touching 9 million?Sure was a busy physio.
Personally,not surprised to see Mason doing as good as he his,Yun on the other hand,often looked like he was either nervous or struggling to gel with the team.Good luck to them both.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 09, 2014, 12:03:38 am by Donnybax »
It just wasn't meant to be for us that season. I think O'Driscoll could have done something special with a fully fit squad but we will never know and it's not worth going over the argument again.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 09, 2014, 12:15:30 am by IDM »
It just wasn't meant to be for us that season. I think O'Driscoll could have done something special with a fully fit squad but we will never know and it's not worth going over the argument again.

That wasn't the intent - just highlighting the fine lines between relative success and failure - we've been on the other side of that too, just ask Mr Trotta!!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2014, 12:51:18 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mason was decent. Just made of glass.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 09, 2014, 07:22:46 am by Donnybax »

That wasn't the intent - just highlighting the fine lines between relative success and failure - we've been on the other side of that too, just ask Mr Trotta!!
I agree it just shows how big of a part luck plays in football

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2014, 08:49:51 am by acko »
the trouble with some of the young lads is their overall development in strength some have undoubted skill but look lightweight remember ian snoddin making his debut looked like a 5 stone weakling,playing in a lower league against expereinced pros cant be easy but weve had some who have had and continue to have a good career in the game jordon mutch for one.and without bringing old news to the fore i was never a fan of sod as a manager but the job he has now with the fa is ideal for him and i am sure he will develop the young uns to be able to play the way he wants

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2014, 02:33:52 pm by graingrover »
Yun .. I was staying at his hotel in Bawtry during a visit to UK , when he was with us . He was i the company of  his  agent who absolutely wanted him to get games in to ensure his selection for the  South Korean World cup squad . I was very struck by his agent's  unsolicited praise for PD and he said he hoped Yun could stay the whole season with us .  He got crocked !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012