Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Pub Fined for illegally showing Sky Sports  (Read 11480 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster Pub Fined for illegally showing Sky Sports
« Reply #30 on September 03, 2014, 11:11:53 pm by River Don »
If Premier league football is your thing, then a jailbroken android smart TV box is probably the thing to research.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 04, 2014, 12:12:17 am by LincsRover »
Lol Gaz!

I must bt the exact antithesis of you then. I wouldn't have Sky in this house no matter what you gave me. A million quid? Pshaw! I'd rather burn the money. That man and his brood are dangerous. Dangerous, immoral - or even amoral, criminal, destructive and grasping. And Australian.

Sky? You can keep it where the sun don't shine mate. :) If ever I have the misfortune to possess a copy of the Sun or the Times I do keep them though. In case I ever run out of bog paper.

BobG

:that:

Thanks BobG you've saved me a rant! Couldn't agree more!

:thumbsup:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 04, 2014, 12:15:59 am by RobTheRover »
If Premier league football is your thing, then a jailbroken android smart TV box is probably the thing to research.

Or a device known as a dreambox I've heard mentioned.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 04, 2014, 08:46:34 am by River Don »

Is it legal to use these sorts of things,i have heard the F1 Box mentioned do any of them actually work?

I doubt they are strictly legal it simply collects links to live streaming services on the web but if you're not using it to show games in your pub, then who is to know? ...

The device I heard about was streaming all the sky services, all the BT services and had access to every game played at 3pm through services like CBSN. Well that's what I heard. I imagine you would have a decent chance of finding coverage of any big game in the world. I heard you could watch all the latest blockbuster movies and box sets too.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 04, 2014, 08:51:38 am by GazLaz »
Lol Gaz!

I must bt the exact antithesis of you then. I wouldn't have Sky in this house no matter what you gave me. A million quid? Pshaw! I'd rather burn the money. That man and his brood are dangerous. Dangerous, immoral - or even amoral, criminal, destructive and grasping. And Australian.

Sky? You can keep it where the sun don't shine mate. :) If ever I have the misfortune to possess a copy of the Sun or the Times I do keep them though. In case I ever run out of bog paper.

BobG

If you used that theory for everything you wouldn't spend much money. You definitely wouldn't live in England either. Just happens to be RM is a high profile crook.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 04, 2014, 09:03:11 am by idler »

Is it legal to use these sorts of things,i have heard the F1 Box mentioned do any of them actually work?

I doubt they are strictly legal it simply collects links to live streaming services on the web but if you're not using it to show games in your pub, then who is to know? ...

The device I heard about was streaming all the sky services, all the BT services and had access to every game played at 3pm through services like CBSN. Well that's what I heard. I imagine you would have a decent chance of finding coverage of any big game in the world. I heard you could watch all the latest blockbuster movies and box sets too.
These boxes are about £100 in Bradford and last about a year before they need re-chipping or whatever.
I haven't had one but know people that have.
You do get all sky channels a damn site cheaper than paying their monthly rate.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 04, 2014, 09:09:40 am by River Don »
Idler

The potential of services like Sly Sports to bring the cost of televised football down is immense. It's like pirate music, if enough people are using it then the only thing the broadcasters can do is make their services cheaper so it isn't worth the trouble of going to find it.

That would mean less money going into football, more realistic player wages and everything. It's like the t'interweb has the power to bring some sanity back into the game.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 04, 2014, 10:01:31 am by idler »
I've no problem with anybody short changing Sky.
As you say if Sky started dropping prices then maybe it wouldn't be worth the difference to break the law.
I choose not to have Sky because of how they abuse their position.
I don't bother with the cheap boxes as I don't want to be tempted to watch even more TV than I do now.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 04, 2014, 10:50:01 am by River Don »
I tend to agree there. I did go with Sky for a couple of years but I found I was watching so much football in the evenings I was starting to get bored with the game.

The other thing with the cheap boxes is you need a decentish broadband connection but ours is really poor.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 04, 2014, 11:44:38 am by Jenny »
The cheap boxes are great if you have fibre - personally I would never pay for Sky, even if a box only last 6 months the upfront cost is far less than the cost of Sky for a couple of months subscription.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 04, 2014, 12:20:16 pm by River Don »
You don't quite need fibre. If you have a connection that gives you a fairly stable connection of 5mbps then you're in business... I have heard.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 08, 2014, 12:12:45 am by bfdoncaster west »
who the Murdoch Mafia

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 08, 2014, 12:20:29 am by bobjimwilly »
who the Murdoch Mafia

The Murdoch Family who own Sky, The Sun and other news and tv companies around the world.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 08, 2014, 12:51:46 am by hoolahoop »
 :whistle:?
who the Murdoch Mafia

Horse's head in my bed if I tell you the answer to that young Brendan.
Good to see you're following the thread.....I know nothing  :whistle:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 08, 2014, 08:20:53 am by Muttley »
It's a joke foreigners can watch our game abroad,our people have to pay a fortune to watch it,it is helping our game to lose interest from the kids.

Football is not a TV show.

If "our people" and their kids want to watch football they could always get off their arses and down to the local park, non-league team or even the Keepmoat and watch a game the way it was meant to be.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 08, 2014, 10:12:44 am by bobjimwilly »
It's a joke foreigners can watch our game abroad,our people have to pay a fortune to watch it,it is helping our game to lose interest from the kids.

The reason 3pm kickoffs aren't allowed to be show on uk tv is to encourage people to go to matches and actually get kids interested in watching football!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 08, 2014, 04:44:58 pm by BobG »
Works real well that don't it?!

Neither my lad nor any of his mates show any interest whatsoeover in being taken along to a game on a Saturday - or any other day. And before you say, Alex is quite a sporty lad. He's even lost interest in Arsenal - who I 'allowed' him to support when I could see he wasn't turned on by DRFC. From what I can see football is likely to be in the middle of losing a generation.

BobG

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 09, 2014, 01:23:50 pm by bfdoncaster west »
why not get  Doncaster Balls Limited to invest in rover

TinyPortal © 2005-2012