Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rose Hill Crematorium  (Read 1327 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Rose Hill Crematorium
« on September 19, 2014, 07:32:25 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Does anyone know anybody here that works there? I went to my great-uncles funeral today.. a very emotional day at that. Following on from the service at Church me and my partner went to the Crematorium. When we got there there was no parking spaces, people parked in two spaces which accounted for 2 or 3 people. The service was at 2 and we had got there at 5 past 2. Everyone was stood outside and the service had finished. As we came back literally at 7 minutes paast 2 there was another funeral arriving.

Seems like a big conveyor belt to me and not a thought for mourners. All the cars in the crem car park were near enough for burial nearby.

anyone else had a bad experience at crematorium?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Rose Hill Crematorium
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2014, 07:42:30 pm by grayx »
They are scheduled 40 min slots but only usually last about 20 mins. A lot of people who choose a crematorium, instead of a church burial, do so as they want a "quick, no fuss service". They should make sure there's plenty of parking though because the service ain't cheap.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 19, 2014, 09:18:23 pm by Draytonian III »
In Northern Ireland there is only one crematorium , they start services at 9.00 and last ones are at 16.30, services are also held on a Saturday and a Sunday,but not all the time . The cemetery where it is based is massive ,you need map find your way around .       
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:22:45 pm by Draytonian III »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 19, 2014, 10:47:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was at Rose Hill on Thursday, for a 2.40 funeral. I've been there umpteen times but this one was a biggy, the biggest attended one I'd been to by far. I was directed to to park my car on a patch of grass, next to the car park. My work mate Ian Shaw was the guy who we were all there for.......A really, REALLY smashing bloke who despite the best plans in the world, no one could put a limited time on how long it took for everyone  to pay their final respects.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 19, 2014, 10:52:27 pm by Muttley »
I was at Rose Hill on Thursday, for a 2.40 funeral. I've been there umpteen times but this one was a biggy, the biggest attended one I'd been to by far. I was directed to to park my car on a patch of grass, next to the car park. My work mate Ian Shaw was the guy who we were all there for.......A really, REALLY smashing bloke who despite the best plans in the world, no one could put a limited time on how long it took for everyone  to pay their final respects.

Ian was indeed a great bloke (for a Leeds fan ;))

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 19, 2014, 11:09:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, I suppose every great bloke has a weakness.....

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 20, 2014, 10:02:28 am by Dagenham Rover »
My wife used to be a school governor with him, we both agree with BB and Muttley a smashing bloke

TinyPortal © 2005-2012