Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:17:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: questions you would ask Paul Dickov...  (Read 8728 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: questions you would ask Paul Dickov...
« Reply #30 on September 17, 2014, 05:16:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Why don't you except a punters role with sky and let someone who knows what he's doing have the job?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 17, 2014, 06:27:08 pm by scaley back rover »
Is it red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 17, 2014, 06:42:28 pm by keepmoatman »
How will you be voting in tomorrows independance poll    :scarf:

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 17, 2014, 06:52:10 pm by Wade Falana »
Do you have any contacts at Man City or Leicester?

How long will it take us to become as dull as Oldham Athletic? (Forget that I know the answer)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 17, 2014, 09:55:30 pm by VivaRovers »
Where do you get your hair done?

My first is in pie, but not in canoe, what am I?

What's your perfect Sunday?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 17, 2014, 10:23:48 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Have you ever played the bongos with such rhythm and  intensity that Terry Bramall's wallet exploded?

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 17, 2014, 10:39:36 pm by stuey »
I wonder how many people asking all these questions, have actually been to one of the 'meet the owners/manager events' and actually asked him in person. Just a thought!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 18, 2014, 08:48:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
For me there is one simple question

Why did you not resign after the shocking performance by your team against Stevenage in the FA Cup last year?

COYR

2 questions to him

1) Following that shocking Stevenage performance when pretty much the entire first XI were injured, how did you manage to re-build an injury ravaged squad and lead us to a run of 14-15 games where we were not far off play-off form?

2) Why don't you do us all a favour and f*** off right now? Not because you're not up to the job. You showed that you were last season (bar the balls up in the last couple of weeks when you should have been playing percentages). No, it's so that we might get 30 seconds rest from the incessant moaning, while the usual suspects try to think of something else to f***ing moan about.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:08:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 18, 2014, 09:44:36 am by RJHeader »
For me there is one simple question

Why did you not resign after the shocking performance by your team against Stevenage in the FA Cup last year?

COYR

2 questions to him

1) Following that shocking Stevenage performance when pretty much the entire first XI were injured, how did you manage to re-build an injury ravaged squad and lead us to a run of 14-15 games where we were not far off play-off form?

2) Why don't you do us all a favour and f*** off right now? Not because you're not up to the job. You showed that you were last season (bar the balls up in the last couple of weeks when you should have been playing percentages). No, it's so that we might get 30 seconds rest from the incessant moaning, while the usual suspects try to think of something else to f***ing moan about.

Thats such a silly statement, he clearly wasnt up to the job if he couldnt get 2 points from a possible 21. As far as 'balls up' goes, it was a pretty big one!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 18, 2014, 10:16:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
RJ

Given the continuous injury crisis last season, the fact that Dickov was able to repeatedly build a competitive team is of great credit to him.

His mistake at the end of the season was not the inability to get 2 points from the final seven games with an injury ravaged squad. It was failing to realise that he only needed to get 2 points. He was working on the (wrong) assumption that we had to go balls out to win games when we didn't. That led him to take unnecessary risks, which in the end were what cost us (Bolton and Reading in particular spring to mind). 

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 18, 2014, 10:23:02 am by Donnybax »
How many tubs/bottles of hair gel do you go through in a week?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 18, 2014, 12:30:52 pm by mrfrostsdad »
How the **** did you alone manage to get us relegated last season when we only needed 2 points from 7 games to stay up?

What salary are you on? Half it and it would be too much

What are you doing to try and ensure we don't get relegated again this season?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 18, 2014, 01:10:10 pm by pib »
Ah yes. Not thinking the manager is up to much (with pretty good reason) is "incessant moaning" now.

Dickov deserved the benefit of the doubt to a certain extent last season. We were always going to be one of the bottom 9 or 10 sides, and there were a few things he had to put up with. The biggest concern for me is that the same problems we had on the field last season have resurfaced this season - this in a lower division, with a better squad (relative to the rest of the league), a decent budget, and not too difficult a start fixtures-wise.

We have been absolutely dire to watch in four of the five games I've seen (most of which have been at home - where most of the fans see most of their games), so I think people's concerns are justified.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 18, 2014, 02:01:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
pib

Consider Dickov's position this last few months.

1) Until three weeks before the start of the season, he didn't know who the owners were going to be and what the budget was going to be.
2) Until well into the start of the season, he had Paul Quinn dicking about so that there was even more uncertainty about the budget.
3) As a result of 1&2, two of the three most important senior pros at the club had their future here in doubt until just before the start of the season in one case, and well into the season in another.
4) The injury jinx from last season continues, with the single most important defender/leader breaking down twice in a handful of games, and the key centre forward being injured and facing a long spell off within 150 minutes of the start of the league season.
5) The key midfield creator/link player has missed 4 of the first 8 league games through stupid/unfortunate suspensions.

Not one of those problems can be laid at Dickov's door.

As I often say, a bit of context doesn't go amiss.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 18, 2014, 02:38:03 pm by BRMC_rover »
Are you Paul Dickov?

Appreciate the points. He has had his troubles, but the primary job of manager is to ensure his players are performing to a level, if mistakes are being made, correct them on the training ground and to find a formula that makes us a threat in games. He has the players to perform better than they are currently demonstrating. Things need to improve.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 18, 2014, 08:00:09 pm by pib »
pib

1) Until three weeks before the start of the season, he didn't know who the owners were going to be and what the budget was going to be.
2) Until well into the start of the season, he had Paul Quinn dicking about so that there was even more uncertainty about the budget.
3) As a result of 1&2, two of the three most important senior pros at the club had their future here in doubt until just before the start of the season in one case, and well into the season in another.
4) The injury jinx from last season continues, with the single most important defender/leader breaking down twice in a handful of games, and the key centre forward being injured and facing a long spell off within 150 minutes of the start of the league season.
5) The key midfield creator/link player has missed 4 of the first 8 league games through stupid/unfortunate suspensions.

Does that excuse his team from struggling to muster a proper chance in the best part of 3 home games against very ordinary/poor sides with some of the (very good L1 standard) players he has at his disposal?

Does it excuse some of the absolutely shambolic defending, organisation and discipline that we've seen so far?

There are clubs in much worse situations than ourselves who manage to at least do the basics right on the pitch. And it didn't stop Saunders' side from doing so under similarly shambolic circumstances two years ago.

I don't buy the injury argument either. We've had two players out. Things shouldn't fall apart due to the loss of two players.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 18, 2014, 08:21:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Do you have future ambitions to manage a club who spend more money on their playing squad, like Barnsley and Rotherham?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 18, 2014, 08:34:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Apart from the obvious like having more money to spend on the squad, or more luck in games/injuries/ref decisions, what change would you make if you could to improve DRFC?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 18, 2014, 09:11:46 pm by glosterred »
Do you feel fortunate to have the DRFC managers job when the fans really wanted Brian Flynn

COYR

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:14:29 pm by glosterred »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 18, 2014, 09:17:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This fan didn't want Brian Flynn.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 18, 2014, 09:21:02 pm by StocktonRover »
Do you feel fortunate to have the DRFC managers job when the fans really wanted Brian Flynn

COYR

We got promoted as champions despite Brian Flynn, not because of him.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 18, 2014, 09:32:10 pm by glosterred »
This fan didn't want Brian Flynn.

They certainly did not want Dickov

COYR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 18, 2014, 09:36:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Pib.

Things haven't "fallen apart". We've had several sub-standard performances. We've had a worse start to the season than we hoped (not "expected" though in my case, given the shambles of a summer).

After 7 matches, we have 3 points fewer than we had in 2012/13, 1 point MORE than we had in 07/08 and 1 point less than we had in 03/04.

Get some perspective for God's sake.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 18, 2014, 09:37:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This one was generally quite impressed with Dickov last season.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 18, 2014, 09:44:35 pm by pib »
Pib.

Things haven't "fallen apart". We've had several sub-standard performances. We've had a worse start to the season than we hoped (not "expected" though in my case, given the shambles of a summer).

After 7 matches, we have 3 points fewer than we had in 2012/13, 1 point MORE than we had in 07/08 and 1 point less than we had in 03/04.

Get some perspective for God's sake.

I have got some perspective. And we're playing under Dickov some of the most boring, unproductive, one-dimensional football we've produced since we became a respectable football team again. And I include a number of the games I saw last season in that too, although as I've already said I was prepared to give the manager the benefit of the doubt for quite a few of those.

In my opinion, of course. If you're happy with it then fair enough, I'll leave you to your opinion.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 18, 2014, 09:54:29 pm by River Don »

Would you bring back the drum? Would you consider taking over drumming duties?

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 19, 2014, 08:08:38 am by RJHeader »
pib

What about conceding how many goals from set pieces? Having 2 'very productive' weeks on the training ground during international break, and then 10 mins into the first game back, conceding from a free kick into the box?

What about him not wanting to make a sub Tuesday night when he hails the youth system and players who've come through it?

You say how many times Rob has broke down in a game, why keep starting him, when he has played he's looked poor (Port Vale especially)? When every game McCombe has started we've kept a clean sheet?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 19, 2014, 08:22:22 am by River Don »
I Would ask him questions that he wouldn't answer out of loyalty to his employer

1.What do you really think of the reliance on youth as back up?

2.Why did you give Wellens a contract when he has shown that he didn't really want to be here,and do you think you have lost respect after saying nobody would play who wasn't fully committed,and you just allowed him,when nobody else wanted him to sign back up?

3.What do you think of the lack of atmosphere at the ground,and do you think the players get disheartened when they such a lack of passion in the crowd?

4.Why do you think that some of the fans have forgot the pre season we have had?,forgot that you have had your budget trimmed?,and that after beating Watford we had an up and coming manager,then we draw at home to Crawley and suddenly you become Mike Bassett?

5. Why don't you stick to four four two with plenty of movement?,everybody knows their job,you would get consistent performances,4-3-3 is not a good formation you always get one or two who drift out of the game,why do you feel the need to copy the 'Trend Formation',when 4-4-2 would get us promoted?

6.Do you actually rate the young players,because Peterson hasn't had a sniff of a start,Wakefield is ready to start in front of Jones,why don't you play him?

Re point 5) You seem to want to dictate to the manager that he should play 4-4-2? The tactics are up to him.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 19, 2014, 03:56:16 pm by German Rover »
Pink or brown?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on September 19, 2014, 05:49:28 pm by NickDRFC »
Two in the pink, one in the stink

TinyPortal © 2005-2012