Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:02:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 14116 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Ched Evans
« Reply #60 on October 17, 2014, 05:42:44 pm by ravenrover »
As it stands he is a convicted rapist if he returns to professional football he will feature on National TV be it in a full televised game or purely on a highlights show ie Football League show, and National/Local press and most definitely Radio dee Dah as he will inevitably score goals will there be any consideration for his victim in this ?
Everybody is talking about Evans but should we be talking about the victim and should she have a say in this?
The man has shown no remorse, unlike lee Hughes for example, and is still claiming his innocence, until such time his appeal his heard and, in the event, quashed he should not IMVHO be allowed back into professional football.
Having said that the blades will probably take him back, and he will be instantly forgiven by all the followers of "this massive club" when he scores his 1st goal for them ....... how sad!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 17, 2014, 06:05:01 pm by acko »
read all the posts regarding this but there is certain issues which give cause to pause,i like some others have reservations about the conviction at the very least it appears unsafe(only newspaper reports to go on)i beleave evans was denied the right to appeal whilst inside which again seems unfair giving the dsiputed evidence against him.as for being a footballer should be of no consequence footballers,pop stars alike do silly things when out and about you can read every sunday about girls openly bragging about there star name conquests and recieve good money for it.as for evans i think he should ply his trade abroad(if allowed) until his conviction is either quashed or stands then decisions can be made.finnally any lads out on the pull this weekend make sure that any girl signs a contract of agreement before any sexual engagement or you could be another ched evans,

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 17, 2014, 07:07:51 pm by timdrfc »
read all the posts regarding this but there is certain issues which give cause to pause,i like some others have reservations about the conviction at the very least it appears unsafe(only newspaper reports to go on)i beleave evans was denied the right to appeal whilst inside which again seems unfair giving the dsiputed evidence against him.as for being a footballer should be of no consequence footballers,pop stars alike do silly things when out and about you can read every sunday about girls openly bragging about there star name conquests and recieve good money for it.as for evans i think he should ply his trade abroad(if allowed) until his conviction is either quashed or stands then decisions can be made.finnally any lads out on the pull this weekend make sure that any girl signs a contract of agreement before any sexual engagement or you could be another ched evans,

If you read what he did in detail there can only be one outcome & that's the one he found out in court, guilty as charged..rapist shouldn't be allowed in football

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 17, 2014, 07:17:29 pm by acko »
in reply timdrfc the girl herself cant remember what happened due to the drink so if she cant how do others know but dont get me wrong i said he should have the right to appeal and till that happens should probably resume his career abroad

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 17, 2014, 07:42:56 pm by Hag »
He is a convicted rapist, every rapist in jail is innocent.
He can go to hell for me!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 17, 2014, 08:05:19 pm by Muttley »
He's served his sentence (although IMO it was too short), so should be given the same chance as any other offender to resume his life and livelihood and demonstrate that he has rehabilitated.

BUT

As a supporter, would I want him at my club? NO

As a manager, would I want him in my team? NO

As a owner, would I want him associated with my club? NO

neil grainger

« Reply #66 on October 17, 2014, 10:37:02 pm by neil grainger »
I don't think you should be able to stop him lawfully plying his trade as a footballer. However, in the same way that the BBC now refuse to show repeats featuring Jimmy Saville and DLT, they should not be forced to broadcast games featuring Evans.

So, I think Evans should be free to sign for any club wishing to give up their tv revenue as a consequence.

So it's OK for him to rejoin his previous football club and play for them in front of their fans, and indeed the away fans, but he must not be seen doing so on television...?

An interesting viewpoint on this tricky issue.

neil grainger

« Reply #67 on October 17, 2014, 10:44:22 pm by neil grainger »
as for evans i think he should ply his trade abroad(if allowed) until his conviction is either quashed or stands then decisions can be made.finnally any lads out on the pull this weekend make sure that any girl signs a contract of agreement before any sexual engagement or you could be another ched evans,

So, let's get this right...
It is perfectly fine for Evans to resume his football career, as long as it is in another country, not ours. Anyone in any other country in the world can watch him, as long as we don't have to. This would be the sensible solution to this dilemma......

Oh, and any 'lads out on the pull this weekend' must get a signed agreement from any girl before having sex, so those lads are not accused (wrongly) of rape like Ched was.

Sorted.......

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 18, 2014, 12:44:15 am by BobG »
Until the law of this land is changed, of course he can start playing footer again. And neither you nor I nor anyone else has any right to prevent him from doing so.

And tbh, if if were prevented, what sort of chap do you think he might end up becoming? I'd rather he had a chance to climb back on the straight and narrow. As soon as he pulls on a jersey again he's going to suffer more than anyone on here can imagine anyway. He'll never live it down. That's more than enough compensation for the poor souls who can't see beyond the end of someone's else's nose.

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 18, 2014, 09:01:45 am by The Red Baron »
He's served his sentence (although IMO it was too short), so should be given the same chance as any other offender to resume his life and livelihood and demonstrate that he has rehabilitated.

BUT

As a supporter, would I want him at my club? NO

As a manager, would I want him in my team? NO

As a owner, would I want him associated with my club? NO

The length of sentence is an interesting point. If we really believe (as a society) that rape is the most serious crime after murder, then ought it not carry a much longer sentence- i.e. perhaps 10 years time served as a starting point?

Evans was sentenced to five years, Lee Hughes to six and Luke McCormick to seven. Both those two went down for causing death by dangerous driving. Yet both were allowed back into the professional game.

I wouldn't particularly want Evans at DRFC because of the baggage that comes with him. But if we're going to talk about banning people who've committed serious crimes from playing professional football then we need to think where we draw the line.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:05:50 am by The Red Baron »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 18, 2014, 09:38:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
Aren't there different circumstances that lead up to rape?

For instance, raping Mary Poppins or ''raping' Linda lovelace?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 18, 2014, 10:18:16 am by The Red Baron »
Aren't there different circumstances that lead up to rape?

For instance, raping Mary Poppins or ''raping' Linda lovelace?

Careful, BB, you're venturing into Judy Finnegan territory!

I take your point that there may be aggravating factors in a rape case. In fact, "aggravated" is the word that Judy should have used rather than "violent."

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 18, 2014, 11:04:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm being careful mate! I expected an instant response from an outraged puritanical do gooder, but maybe it's taking a bit longer to construct due to the shock and anger within!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:52:48 am by Bentley Bullet »

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 18, 2014, 11:38:30 am by walter the red »
Not wishing to enter into legalities over thic case ,however, the court verdict seems puzzling to me is that Ched Evans received 5 years for rape,but his friend (don't know his name ) who "went first "did not get the same ruling-Now if Evans had "gone first " would he have got away with it ??

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 18, 2014, 10:08:53 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Sorry for a long post but its been an interesting few weeks listening to this topic of Radio Sheffield and the odd views of some people.

The quotes I've heard by Sheff Utd fans are quite disturbing...
'Let bygones be bygones'....
'He's done his time'.....
'Id be happy to have his name on the back of my 15 yr olds shirt'.....

Like some people, i had my doubts about the conviction as the circumstances where by one person was found 'Not Guilty' and one person was found 'Guilty' made the whole thing seem odd. However, he was convicted of Rape for which within our legal system there isnt any other definition than 'No consent' equals Rape. He was also rejected by the court of appeal by 3 senior judges.

For me, due to football clubs being part of the 'Community', footballers should be able to pass a CRB check. If a Doctor, Teacher, Police Officer or care worker etc committed this crime, they would lose their job and would never again have the opportunity again to follow their profession or be able to interact with the yound and vulnerable. Would you want him meeting your child at school??

People who would have him at Rovers or are 50/50 on the subject......ask ypourself this question:

Considering the nature of this crime on a scale of 1 to10 and applying the same method to Paedophilia, if he had been convicted of having child pronography on his computer but had never touched a child physically, would have him at Rovers?

Evans is Rapist.....he should never be allowed back in football, and no player who commits Murder, Sex Crimes etc should never be allowed to be an employee of a 'Community' club.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 18, 2014, 10:57:01 pm by Iberian Red »

You've just convinced me to vote ukip or edl. These immigrants can't even write English

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 19, 2014, 02:05:07 am by timdrfc »
Not wishing to enter into legalities over thic case ,however, the court verdict seems puzzling to me is that Ched Evans received 5 years for rape,but his friend (don't know his name ) who "went first "did not get the same ruling-Now if Evans had "gone first " would he have got away with it ??

The very drunk girl went off with Evans mate in a kebab shop, he then text Evans that he'd got one & was he coming back to the room( that Evans had booked) Evans turned up with his brother & mate who video it . Then he sneaked out by the fire exit , his mate left some money with staff to look after the girl who was ill. How his mate got off scot free is beyond me but in today's clumate its rape. The man & his supporters are a disgrace the authorities should run a kick it out campaign for Rapists as well as racists

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 19, 2014, 01:01:50 pm by not on facebook »
why dont we all take a closer look at the lady who claims she was rapped

it seems that she accused a Rugby player of same line of incident way before.

that alone tells me that she was out looking for a so called star to trap.

also experts say that acccording to her drink Levels at 04.00 in the morning when
the so called rape took Place say it is impossible for her to have Complete memory loss.

she is seen leaving the hotel,and then comming back With pizza via cctv footage,so she wanted to be there.

With all above in mind it just dont stack up With me

and there be many bloke on here who has pulled a drunk bird in a nite Club and gone home and had
his whicked way With said bird,and if you have not if the chance came around most would try their
upmost to get into said birds knickers.

this girl knew ched evens was a footballer ,and she knew what she was doing albeit she was drunk.

if it would have been me or you trying to get into her knickers in the nite Club that night she waould have
blanked us since we are not footballers With cash to spare

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 19, 2014, 01:24:04 pm by GazLaz »
She was going back to get rattled by McDonald, he then rang Ched for back up. Had the girl asked him to do this?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 19, 2014, 01:38:29 pm by not on facebook »
She was going back to get rattled by McDonald, he then rang Ched for back up. Had the girl asked him to do this?

ched evans had to give the porter Money to get the key for their room.so that ties in With what you said

when ched evans opens room door and walks in the said lady asked ched evens to... lick her out...

she says she was blind drunk and cant recall a thing,

cctv footage shows her getting out of taxi With macdonald and blind drunk she dont look
as she gets out aand walks into holtel reception on her own steam.

you then see cctv footage of her walking out of hotel picking up a pizza and going back to the room,
and she is not blind drunk.

on her facebook  after hotelroom incident she is saying that shes has ....hit it big time...
a New car for her etc etc.

all these remarks are soon taken Down

ched evans leaves the hotel Down the fire exit ,that action is questionable ,but it dont steer from my point
that this girl knew what was going on,as she claims she caant recall  a thing

i like i said experts say that she was never that drunk to have totall memory loos

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 19, 2014, 01:40:27 pm by DRNaith »
How will he pass a CRB check. I'm assuming footballers have to, due to their work involving visiting schools, hospitals etc.

I think that the way it is perceived is that there is no need for them to be CRB checked, or DBS checked as it is now, as they would be supervised throughout their visits, not left alone with children or vulnerable adults.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 19, 2014, 01:57:30 pm by jucyberry »
No.
Rape is rape after all.  Put it this way, Say you are a young lad, you go out and get absolutely hammered, another lad get's chatting to you, you are so far gone you don't really know your arse from your elbow. He has sex with you (it does happen) is that rape any less a rape because the lad is too out of it to realise?

So why is it ok for a lad to do that to a girl.  That poor girl's life is ruined. she has had to change her name, has had death threats. it is disgusting and more to the point would she have been treated like this if he had just been some snotty nosed little bas**rd off the streets instead of one of the little demi gods whose only skill is booting a ball around a field?

Perhaps he will keep his penis in his shorts from now on and only apply it to his girlfriend and not go around sharing it with drunken young women.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on October 19, 2014, 02:27:40 pm by not on facebook »
No.
Rape is rape after all.  Put it this way, Say you are a young lad, you go out and get absolutely hammered, another lad get's chatting to you, you are so far gone you don't really know your arse from your elbow. He has sex with you (it does happen) is that rape any less a rape because the lad is too out of it to realise?

So why is it ok for a lad to do that to a girl.  That poor girl's life is ruined. she has had to change her name, has had death threats. it is disgusting and more to the point would she have been treated like this if he had just been some snotty nosed little b*****d off the streets instead of one of the little demi gods whose only skill is booting a ball around a field?

Perhaps he will keep his penis in his shorts from now on and only apply it to his girlfriend and not go around sharing it with drunken young women.

very good valid Points there ,but in this case the Girl has claimed rape before in a previous incident
With a rugby player so thats where i begin to doubt her testement.

whats the chance if ched evens had not got involved in this mess that the girl would not have
claimed rape against macdonald going on her previous With a rugby player.

you say the Girls life has been ruined,i have to question that  as she has been Down this road before to
some extent from what i read.

i could be wrong in what i think to myself about this case and will stand corrected if thats the case,but
i cant belive no has taken up this Girls history as that must be an important part of the case.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on October 19, 2014, 03:49:09 pm by Jenny »
I'd have him at Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012