Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:14:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thats about as bad as it gets!!  (Read 3141 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Thats about as bad as it gets!!
« on October 21, 2014, 10:08:43 pm by rtid88 »
Awful, simply awful!! Dickov has clearly lost the dressing room! Players running about not knowing where they are supposed to be playing I don't think I have seen that for many a year!! Forrester had no idea where he was supposed to be, Wakefield had no idea later on if he was supposed to be playing full back or wing back!!
Wabara is one of the worst players I think have seen in a Rovers shirt simply awful!!
De Val where was he supposed to be playing!!
McCombe is simply past it!
Steer has no control of his area!
Dickov never was the man for the job and shud have been sacked when we went down, he has to go!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Thats about as bad as it gets!!
« Reply #1 on October 21, 2014, 10:10:01 pm by mushRTID »
Every word spot on. Copps and Tyson the only positives. It's just not good enough.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 21, 2014, 10:13:39 pm by Branton Rover »
regarding the Wabara statement clearly didn't see David Smith in goal the fat Weaver Barman.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 21, 2014, 10:21:47 pm by jonnydog »
Bennett looked lively when he came on too

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 21, 2014, 10:23:10 pm by mushRTID »
Bennett looked lively when he came on too

My apologies. Missed that. Bennett was excellent.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 21, 2014, 10:25:46 pm by Filo »
Shocking, nothing more to say apart from there's a Taxi waiting on my drive to take Mr Dickov to where ever!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2014, 10:37:38 pm by since-1969 »
No it can get worse if they don't let Dickov go. Deano come back we need a leader not prat with excuses.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2014, 10:43:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I agree. Good players playing poor style of football. Manager has to go.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2014, 10:45:10 pm by Scooter »
Rob jones as caretaker manager - we need some leadership and direction

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 21, 2014, 10:46:26 pm by andysly »
There's been worse performances over the years but this looks the worst Donny side since we went out of the league. However the players are far better than they are showing themselves to be, is it their fault or PD's ?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 21, 2014, 10:48:00 pm by bobjimwilly »
All of those players who played tonight have enough quality to get us into the top 6, IMO. They simply aren't being managed or coached to do the right things or play the right way, and that is ultimately down to one man I'm afraid.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 21, 2014, 10:49:03 pm by andysly »
Rob jones as caretaker manager - we need some leadership and direction

We have owners who although keeping the club afloat aren't football people, JR appointed all our recent managers and made a decent job of it.
If PD goes or is pushed I can't see the owners wanting to spend the money a new manager will want, only solution will be Rob Jones.
I'm not convinced that would be the right way to go.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 21, 2014, 10:52:00 pm by andysly »
All of those players who played tonight have enough quality to get us into the top 6, IMO. They simply aren't being managed or coached to do the right things or play the right way, and that is ultimately down to one man I'm afraid.

All though not totally disagreeing, a managers instructions or game plan/ lack of it shouldn't make you a bad player. Those players should have enough about them to pass the ball to each other, make tackles and generally compete without needing Jose Mourinho.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 21, 2014, 10:53:28 pm by rtid88 »
Ryan did a decent job until he appointed Dickov that is!! Terrible manager simply has not got a clue!!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 21, 2014, 10:55:52 pm by BobG »
A few thoughts:

1) Anyone know what length of contract PD has? That's a really crucial question, which no bugger has mentioned yet, when it comes to whether or not he should be pushed out.

2) JR did not make a decent job of the current manager if 98% of the posts on here this last month or three are to be believed.

3) What goes around comes around. No one, not anyone, has a divine right to be succesful all the time. Even Man Utd are finding that out now. We've had 10 years plus of fun and fantasy. Now that things have changed we will find out who are the real supporters and who are the gob shites. This is what it is to support a lower league team like us.

BobG

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 21, 2014, 11:05:38 pm by andysly »
JR made a decent job of appointing Penney, SoD, Saunders , maybe Flynn/Jones too. PD maybe not. 
But not a bad success rate, so he made a decent job of our recent managers.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2014, 12:32:22 am by dickos1 »

I'm sorry but professional players shouldn't be making the mistakes they are, and the manager can't be blamed for that

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 22, 2014, 08:31:07 am by Old Popsider »
Dickov out now!! Give Rob Jones and Copps joint caretaker managership. They've got vast experience and probably have the respect of all the players.

Dickov did nothing at Oldham. He's only success at DRFC is to oversee a relegation and a slide down towards the basement of Division 1. Should he stay I think that Rovers will slide through the trapdoor into Division 2. He may have been a good player but as a manager he's bloody awful.

He needs to be in possession of his p45 before the Bradford game, otherwise we could be looking at a hammering in that game.

As for a replacement for Dickov, I honestly haven't a clue who is available but a caretaker managership will give the Board time to look around and get the right man for the job.

As has already been said, the current squad of DRFC players has plenty of individual talent, it needs a manager who has the nous and drive to channel those talents into a cohesive footballing team that will produce the necessary performances and get the right results.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 22, 2014, 09:01:17 am by bpoolrover »
Pd didn't do anything at Oldham as they were nearly bankrupt

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 22, 2014, 09:06:13 am by DonnyOsmond »
He was taking them down. Their situation hasn't changed much since and Lee Johnson has started turning them around.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 22, 2014, 09:27:53 am by Old Popsider »

They may have been near bankruptcy but it should not prevent a manager from working with the squad he has and try to produce results on the pitch.

Dickov talks a brilliant game and has a knowledge of excuses and 'get-outs' that would do Wikipedia proud.

I do not doubt for one minute the passion that Dickov has for the game, BUT, he simply does not have the experience or tactical skills a football manager needs to take his squad forward and produce results.

It is as plain as the nose on your face that the players do not want to play his way and are not putting in the performances that will guarantee Dickov keeps his job. The recent performances put in are a reflection of all football clubs players when they want the manager gone, that is play disinterestedly and half hearted to get the fans and the Board to the point where enough is enough and ship the manager out.

If Dickov doesn't go, then we will be looking at getting the road maps out and finding our way around the Division 2 grounds next season. I don't fancy another day out at Dagenham and Redbridge - mind you their social club isn't bad and they've got decent ale on sale!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 22, 2014, 10:13:16 am by Dagenham Rover »
Oi nowt wrong wi Dagenham  :)

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2014, 11:18:10 am by rtid88 »
Give Saunders a contract until the end of the season with Jonesy as his assistant.

We may have played crap football under Deano but at least we had a backbone and could grind out results. This team currently couldn't grind juice out of an orange!!

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 22, 2014, 11:46:20 am by Old Popsider »

As an exile for my mega sins, I spent many a cold, shitty, boring hour under the Daggers scratting shed opposite the main stand watching a team of doubtful abilities scrabbling around on the mudheap of a pitch when they were fighting for survival in the lower reaches of the Conference. Aaaaahhh, those were the days, having a pre-match pint and seeing the manager come out of the door by the bar and spend a while getting slagged off by the supporters and him giving as good as he got!

Eeeeeeeh they were the days!!

Not bad beer there :-)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 22, 2014, 12:20:00 pm by Dagenham Rover »

As an exile for my mega sins, I spent many a cold, shitty, boring hour under the Daggers scratting shed opposite the main stand watching a team of doubtful abilities scrabbling around on the mudheap of a pitch when they were fighting for survival in the lower reaches of the Conference. Aaaaahhh, those were the days, having a pre-match pint and seeing the manager come out of the door by the bar and spend a while getting slagged off by the supporters and him giving as good as he got!

Eeeeeeeh they were the days!!

Not bad beer there :-)

Can't really disagree with having done the same for a good few years, although back home now

TinyPortal © 2005-2012