Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:13:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Much improved  (Read 2839 times)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Much improved
« on October 25, 2014, 05:31:33 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
Thought we competed well against a very good side especially in the second half. A little bit more luck and we could of gained all 3 points.

Butler made a solid debut and looks a good signing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Much improved
« Reply #1 on October 25, 2014, 07:22:27 pm by idler »
I agree completely. We just need to compete every game from now on though. :scarf:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 25, 2014, 07:25:13 pm by andysly »
At home we've played 3 decent sides and got 5 points, yet been beaten 3 times by average to poor teams, is there an explanation ?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 25, 2014, 07:26:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yeh its the crap teams cup final  :)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 25, 2014, 07:32:37 pm by Lincoln Rover »
When MK hit the post it's the first bit of luck we've had in some time.
They battled against a very well drilled team. I feared the worst before the game stared and as a result I am delighted with a point.
We're we perfect? Not by a long way but it's a start and I can enjoy my first weekend in a while.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 25, 2014, 07:41:02 pm by Donnywolf »
When MK hit the post it's the first bit of luck we've had in some time.
They battled against a very well drilled team. I feared the worst before the game stared and as a result I am delighted with a point.
We're we perfect? Not by a long way but it's a start and I can enjoy my first weekend in a while.

Dickov "press" conference spoiler

Well a clean sheet certainly gives us a base to build on !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2014, 11:13:48 am by The Red Baron »
It was a much improved performance and we deserved a point. It does show how low expectations have fallen though. I'm beginning to think that Dickov will regard keeping us in this division as a success.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2014, 11:43:12 am by roversdude »
Butler made a big difference still unsure about full backs though
We missed Copps today too

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2014, 09:01:38 pm by murham »
Mr dickov still hasn't grasped the basics
We are only just getting a spine down the team, a decent centre half and centre forward
Unfortunately no midfield dynamo and still a Cinderella goalie
It's only a game of football not rocket science but he has no idea of defence
Last two home games last season needing 1 point to stay up and Birmingham do it
Now look at the state of them
Come on if he doesn't know get a defensive coach and get rid of his mate

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2014, 09:14:41 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe were only just getting a spine because, 2 weeks before the season started Dickov was told his budget was nowhere near as big as he thought it was and he only had 13 players available

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2014, 09:43:58 pm by jonnydog »
it was nice to see us break on the counter TWICE yesterday! Don't think that's happened at the Keepmoat for us since 2012!! Shame nowt come of it like.

Just wish we'd make the most out of countering and breaking. Not let their players regroup before distributing!!

AND we're still shite at ALL set pieces!

Whereas we were slightly improved for spells of the second half, I still found it to be an 'average' performance with large parts of very unentertaining football.

Just my opinion like :chair:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:46:01 pm by jonnydog »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2014, 09:52:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »
yeh but Tuesday night we had some going down the channels and having to hold the ball up cos it was taking us ten minutes to get somebody in the penalty area

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 27, 2014, 07:10:34 am by hoolahoop »
"Our club are ditherers that's how we continually miss out on targets, they Need to be more decisive"

These words should be written on a blank wall in the Director's boardroom lest they continually forget the mistakes of the past and the countless millions that they have let slip through their fingers :((

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 27, 2014, 07:36:47 am by idler »
If you remember the board did the same last season,they left it for months instead of backing him with players straight away,they haven't learned from mistakes.
No doubt about it they share some of the blame,but Paul's inability to consistently get the best from the players he has is the main points to why we struggle,if we had poor players i could accept it,we haven't though.
Butler should have been signed in the summer,Bailey,Ashdown,we lost them due to penny pinching,you have to negotiate to get the best deal for the club,but don't let it drag on and on.

The takeover gave us a bad start,and i feel the guys in charge were in a poor position they had to give John the opportunity to takeover,otherwise they would have been the bad guys,i just think they should have signed the players,then if as it happened it didn't work out,then least Paul starts with a good squad.
Surely it could have been worked in to the contracts that if it went through that the takeover party took over payments.
Even after all this though Paul still has the makings of a good side,so can't hide behind the takeover,and being the honest guy he is,he wouldn't.
Our club are Ditherers that's how we continually miss out on targets,they need to be more decisive.
The problem was that JR was offering to pay more than was acceptable to the current board. As a player you would want a two year contract with set terms, not ifs,buts and maybes.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 27, 2014, 07:39:19 am by glosterred »
How many times have we put on a good performance against a bigger/better team only to produce dross against lower level teams or teams below us in the league? I was expecting a better performance but nothing really has changed for me.

COYR

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 27, 2014, 07:39:57 am by dickos1 »
Butler, bailey and ashdown not signing ain't dickovs fault though. Although I would've only signed butler from those 3 anyway

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 27, 2014, 07:54:41 am by IDM »
SCWK - Butler was ready to sign in the summer. He couldn't because of the takeover situation, so Sheff Utd nipped in with an offer.  That is simple.  Can't say about the other players you mention as I only know about Butler.

As for the money not being available soon enough, it has been, all season, for loans.  Only now has PD chosen to spend it.  Perhaps he should have gone for a CB once Jones was injured, but if his No 1 target was Butler, he wasn't available then?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012