Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:50:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Weston hoping for a sellout  (Read 3464 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

deebee

• Forum Member
Re: Weston hoping for a sellout
« Reply #1 on November 04, 2014, 09:26:11 am by deebee »
Got Thomas and my ticket Daggers are you going on the supporters coach?

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 04, 2014, 10:47:52 am by walter the red »
Open letter to Paul Dickov-" Please,please,Paul do not attempt to play weakened teams against Weston and Notts.County -All to often it seems that we, the supporters are not thought about when the manager is selecting the team to play against weaker opposition in cup matches ! i,as a supporter of many years want my team to play the best eleven at all times and hopefully get good wins .
Fair enough to bring subs on if we are winning well,but for now don't fall into the mistaken idea that the "cups" don't matter "
Thank you.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 04, 2014, 10:56:16 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Open letters are fun.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 04, 2014, 11:12:10 am by Dagenham Rover »
Got Thomas and my ticket Daggers are you going on the supporters coach?

Me and the two kids are going but I'm  driving I don't think my back would be able to handle the coach journey, at least I'll be able to stop as and when I need too

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 04, 2014, 12:13:39 pm by IDM »
Open letter to Paul Dickov-" Please,please,Paul do not attempt to play weakened teams against Weston and Notts.County -All to often it seems that we, the supporters are not thought about when the manager is selecting the team to play against weaker opposition in cup matches ! i,as a supporter of many years want my team to play the best eleven at all times and hopefully get good wins .
Fair enough to bring subs on if we are winning well,but for now don't fall into the mistaken idea that the "cups" don't matter "
Thank you.

Dear Walter,

Not wanting to guess PD's response, but I refer you to the starting 11 vs Burton in the last round of the JPT...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 04, 2014, 12:21:48 pm by Jenny »
Aren't there rules in place to prevent you from fielding a massively weakened side in the JPT?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 04, 2014, 12:28:59 pm by IDM »
Aren't there rules in place to prevent you from fielding a massively weakened side in the JPT?

Yes, I think you have to play 6 (?) of the 11 from the previous league game.  However apart from Lund the team at Burton was very much a full strength side.

I expect PD to have the same approach to the FA Cup.  I expect Wakefield will start with Wabara at LB due to Evina's injury but then again Wakefield is a matchday squad regular.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 04, 2014, 01:42:22 pm by dknward2 »
Think he will start with a strong 11 and maybe fill the bench with youth.

Then again he has been doing that all season barring one or two games

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 04, 2014, 02:58:55 pm by weststander »
Looking at the pics of their stadium, should be a good match to attend for those who prefer to stand

:scarf:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 04, 2014, 03:26:49 pm by the vicar »
Thank you.
we cant against Notts County plus we are trying to call the Sheff u game off so we need the gametime
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:28:57 pm by the vicar »

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 05, 2014, 08:57:49 am by RJHeader »
Thank you.

I disagree, i want him to play a few of the youth. He/the board go on about us wanting to put faith in our youth syste, and that we've got some good younger players. We should play them against a Conference South side, because you'd expect them to be at their level/better at this stage in their career if they're gonna make it anywhere in the game.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 05, 2014, 09:14:00 am by the vicar »
Thank you.

I disagree, i want him to play a few of the youth. He/the board go on about us wanting to put faith in our youth syste, and that we've got some good younger players. We should play them against a Conference South side, because you'd expect them to be at their level/better at this stage in their career if they're gonna make it anywhere in the game.
don't underestimate Weston' they will be firing on all cylinders and will give the kids the run around and could destroy their confidence

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 05, 2014, 09:27:38 am by IDM »
I think PD will follow his example from Burton.  A strong starting 11, with youth players coming on as subs if we are winning comfortably.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 05, 2014, 09:30:01 am by bobjimwilly »
I think PD will follow his example from Burton.  A strong starting 11, with youth players coming on as subs if we are winning comfortably.

sounds a good plan to me IDM :aok:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 05, 2014, 12:27:47 pm by The Red Baron »
Same team as played at Bradford though with Wakefield in for Evina if he's out. Hope Johnstone can play.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2014, 01:58:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It depends on whether players need a rest,we haven't had many games so they probably won't need one,i would look to give at least one youth player a start,good experience,though they are non league,playing a cup game could be good an inexperienced player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012