Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:53:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio Sheffield again! @@!  (Read 4954 times)

docothered

• Forum Member
Radio Sheffield again! @@!
« on November 08, 2014, 12:35:56 pm by docothered »
Can  Someone please explain to me why our game is not on live when it's even on football focus.
I get the fact that they have a local derby but why have the Sheffield  United  game  on against crewe When our game against non league opponents is obviously more attractive.
 Even the blunts  couldn't argue  about that, so pissed off with the  biased attitude of radio sheffield.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Radio Sheffield again! @@!
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2014, 12:37:21 pm by IDM »
Probably because the audience for Sheffield itself is much bigger.

We'll always be second class on there, it is Radio "Sheffield" after all...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 08, 2014, 12:50:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not a good answer IDM

1) the fact that there is a bigger audience of Sheffield fans does not justify the fact that we are never prioritised above the Sheffield clubs for live coverage. Realistically, we should be prioritised above them say 20-25% of the time. That would be a fair outcome.
2) Radio "Sheffield" is actually supposed to serve the whole of South Yorkshire and North Detbyshire. There are FAR more people in their catchment area who live and pay their licence fee OUTSIDE Sheffield than inside. At a rough guess, I'd say Sheffield inhabitants make up less than 1/3rd of the Radio Sheffield catchment.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 08, 2014, 01:20:16 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Actually WSM have NO ISDN line and the reporter is having to use his mobile. They don't even have a telephone socket extension is my understanding. They've even tried to use the BBC TV facilities but to no avail.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 08, 2014, 02:48:28 pm by IDM »
Not a good answer IDM

1) the fact that there is a bigger audience of Sheffield fans does not justify the fact that we are never prioritised above the Sheffield clubs for live coverage. Realistically, we should be prioritised above them say 20-25% of the time. That would be a fair outcome.
2) Radio "Sheffield" is actually supposed to serve the whole of South Yorkshire and North Detbyshire. There are FAR more people in their catchment area who live and pay their licence fee OUTSIDE Sheffield than inside. At a rough guess, I'd say Sheffield inhabitants make up less than 1/3rd of the Radio Sheffield catchment.

I actually agree with you BST, but unfortunately I think the folks at RS may believe the point I raised.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 08, 2014, 03:18:09 pm by Boomstick »
Radio shitfield have always been unbelievably biased towards Sheffield. Its very frustrating, and worth emailing a complaint.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 09, 2014, 01:40:48 am by RedArmy »
Radio Sheff give us some excellent converage to be fair.. I tend to remember the Wembley and Cardiff days there was brilliant coverage and a real buzz up to them games, no going to lie but why is a Wednesday or United fan going to want to listen to fixking Weston super-mare and donny rovers on a Saturday afternoon, given over fellas let's be serious

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 09, 2014, 07:26:18 am by Donnybax »
Radio Sheff give us some excellent converage to be fair.. I tend to remember the Wembley and Cardiff days there was brilliant coverage and a real buzz up to them games, no going to lie but why is a Wednesday or United fan going to want to listen to fixking Weston super-mare and donny rovers on a Saturday afternoon, given over fellas let's be serious
Radio Sheffield is supposed to cover more than that Sheffield clubs so you can say that about any club really. Why would a Rotherham fan want to listen to Barnsley? Why would a Donny fan want to listen to chesterfield? 

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2014, 08:13:32 am by RedArmy »
I meant more like if i was a chesterfield fan for example, id rather listen to Sheff United or Sheff Wednesday than i would Donny.. the way it goes unfortunately

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 09, 2014, 09:09:56 am by Boomstick »
But surely with the romance of the cup, Rovers vs Weston super mare is a much more interesting game than bloody blunts vs Crewe. Which happens every f**king season, twice a season.

I've emailed my complaint, I urge others to do the same

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2014, 09:18:48 am by IDM »
Boomstick I agree with you, our fixture was more intriguing than crewe vs blades.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2014, 09:28:09 am by besty »
Its already been posted there was no isdn line and the reporter had to use his mobile so they couldnt have done it anyway so maybe thats why?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2014, 01:20:49 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Radio shitfield have always been unbelievably biased towards Sheffield. Its very frustrating, and but not worth emailing a complaint.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2014, 01:32:44 pm by IDM »
Its already been posted there was no isdn line and the reporter had to use his mobile so they couldnt have done it anyway so maybe thats why?

Good point, unless they could have piggy backed onto the TV technology that would have been there?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 10, 2014, 04:42:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
'Praise or Grumble'

"Yes Ian, Praise or Grumble?"

"It's got to be a massive grumble"

"What did you think of the sending off?"

"It definitely changed the game. From where I was standing (his front room) it were never a penalty"

"And yet you still had chances to win the game"

And all the while I'm in the car screaming at the radio "WHAT EFFING GAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!"

It happens every time. They assume you're telepathic, or perhaps it's some weird version of charades.....guess the game from 'Ian's' pathetic '5 minutes of fame' during which it's a race to see who slits their wrists first!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 10, 2014, 05:04:08 pm by IDM »
Although Brian is good value entertainment...

(he's a blade, if you didn't know...)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 10, 2014, 05:28:32 pm by Boomstick »
'Praise or Grumble'

"It definitely changed the game. From where I was standing (his front room) it were never a penalty"

And all the while I'm in the car screaming at the radio "WHAT EFFING GAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!"

It happens every time. They assume you're telepathic, or perhaps it's some weird version of charades.....guess the game from 'Ian's' pathetic '5 minutes of fame' during which it's a race to see who slits their wrists first!!

They automatically assume that everyone knows they are talking about one of the sheffield clubs, happens EVERYTIME when only one of them is playing.
Like I said, email a complaint!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2014, 05:49:46 pm by bedale rover »
I e mailed them a couple of years ago about their name suggesting that a less specific name is radio don which would encompass most of the teams in the region
They said that it wasn't BBC policy to change names
I pointed out that radio Cleveland had changed its name to radio tees
They then decided to ignore me!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 11, 2014, 08:31:01 pm by The Red Baron »
'Praise or Grumble'

I usually listen to Radio Deedar after a home game when I'm on the long drive back to the Midlands. Many's the time I've wondered which game they're on about!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2014, 11:32:14 am by ravenrover »
I think the clue might be "next up we have Fred he's a Blades /Owls etc fan"

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 12, 2014, 11:52:01 am by The Red Baron »
I think the clue might be "next up we have Fred he's a Blades /Owls etc fan"

They do that some of the time, but not every time. Last time I listened after having a couple of Owls on they went to a chap who turned out to be a Barnsley fan- though it took me a few minutes to work out he wasn't talking about the Wednesday game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012