Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:13:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Game Off !!  (Read 12738 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Game Off !!
« Reply #31 on November 08, 2014, 04:26:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Free coaches would be positive.

The pitch was playable but would have been a mud slide and that area in the penalty box was particularly grusome looking. But, this is the FA Cup, as the BBC have been banging on about, and this is exactly the sort of match that should go on.

It would have been to their advantage, but good luck to them, and at least we'd have had a very memorable game to watch  :laugh: :unsure: :woohoo: :ermm: :ohmy: :facepalm: :thumbsup:

Thumbs down to the ref and modern day pansy ideas about football  :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 08, 2014, 04:33:47 pm by knockers »
Does this mean the JPT game won't be on, on the 18th as that will most probably be when this is now played

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 08, 2014, 04:51:24 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Always possible it could be played on Saturday as FA Cup games trump league games. Is there enough time for police to be notified?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 08, 2014, 05:10:45 pm by BobG »
When do we play our Joker?

BobG

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 08, 2014, 05:27:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
When do we play our Joker?

BobG

I'd have played it in "the hoof the ball up onto the edge of the area to pull their keeper out of position expecting the ball to bounce and not jam solid in the mud" scramble. Ha ha ha haaaaa  :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: hee heee heee heeeee!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 08, 2014, 05:42:31 pm by donnievic »
Game will be a week on Tuesday I would think deffo not next sat like sum were saying

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 08, 2014, 05:58:01 pm by jmt »
Talking of the jpt, I slept with it on Thursday night!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 08, 2014, 06:35:49 pm by PDX_Rover »

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 08, 2014, 06:48:36 pm by Albert Trousers »
Nice pic of Salt climbing the barrier in the Bristol Post.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 08, 2014, 07:27:13 pm by southwestexile »
Poor show by the ref.

Tyson quote 'every time we step on the pitch it's dangerous', we want to play

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 08, 2014, 07:43:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Was it any worse than this pitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wA4g2iR6o

Ref probably didnt want to get his new boots wet.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 08, 2014, 07:52:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Was it any worse than this pitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wA4g2iR6o

Ref probably didnt want to get his new boots wet.

Love the way the coin toss failed in the mud  :laugh:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 08, 2014, 07:54:31 pm by the vicar »
Just back what a farce goal keeper coach Butler  and  Sam Jhonston wanted it off it was ridiculous

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 08, 2014, 07:57:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Just back what a farce goal keeper coach Butler  and  Sam Jhonston wanted it off it was ridiculous

I heard some of the reasoning for thinking that was the case, but my bro spoke to Sam who said he wanted  to play.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 08, 2014, 08:04:49 pm by the vicar »
well we was stood not fare from them and they was arguing they dint want to play it and sam said to us all he thought it was dangerous butler was sliding his foot in  to the mud saying you cant play in this to the reff and sam told us that he dint want to play as he dint want to get injured 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 08, 2014, 08:08:33 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Thats slightly different to what I heard, Sam said it was probably dangerous but he wanted to play it
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:13:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 08, 2014, 08:10:25 pm by Donnybax »
I think Johnstone wanted to play but he and Gerrard were concerned for the safety of Johnstone in the 18 yard box near us. The WSM groundsman was adamant the game should be played and very disappointed

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 08, 2014, 08:20:58 pm by southwestexile »
Sam wanted to play, not his fault.  After the dust settles we may realise that the decision was in our favour (as a club, not fans) as that pitch would have been a proper leveller.  As it turns out, we will get heaps of publicity and may get a live TV game too. Cash, cash and cash.

I've come at realising that except Copps, I wouldn't recognise a single player up close

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 08, 2014, 08:25:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
You wouldn't recognise Furman's ears close up!? I had to laugh though when Reece Wabara came up to the fans and the old guy next to me said 'what do you think about that decision Bennett?'

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 08, 2014, 08:27:04 pm by southwestexile »
Oh dear

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 08, 2014, 08:28:17 pm by rich1471 »
Been back about 30 minutes  after a 8 hour round trip and that pitch looked more that playable and it should have at least been started yes there where 1  or 2 small areas that looked boggy but we have played on worse pitches the game has got soft and today would have been what the first round is all about bad pitches windy conditions and and players having hope of to corse an upset , also anyone see the size of one of ther player he was massive about 6ft 6 and built like a brink sh1t house

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 08, 2014, 08:30:17 pm by the vicar »
Sam wanted to play, not his fault.  After the dust settles we may realise that the decision was in our favour (as a club, not fans) as that pitch would have been a proper leveller.  As it turns out, we will get heaps of publicity and may get a live TV game too. Cash, cash and cash.

I've come at realising that except Copps, I wouldn't recognise a single player up close
what a load of shit sam said he DID NOT want to play from his own mouth and he was having a go at the officials and the groundsman over it

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 08, 2014, 08:35:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Perhaps the decision was in our favour but I think it was wrong the ref told the bbc it was on unless there was more rain at  12. 30. The wsm staff came off after the 1ish inspection giving a thumbs up game on. No rain nowt. The ref didnt want to get his boots muddy its as simple as that

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 08, 2014, 08:48:39 pm by IDM »
The ref said on TV that as well as the dodgy patch in the penalty area there was a bit of the pitch where the water had started to accumulate that must have drained form other areas of the pitch - this had not been apparent earlier.

Reminded me of that test match at Old Trafford a few years ago...

Either way, it matters not that the players may or may not have wanted to play, arguing about it now won't change thins one bit...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 08, 2014, 08:51:10 pm by the vicar »
we was all robbed cost us a lot of money to get there and food and an 8 hour round trip only to have the game pulled from under us

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 08, 2014, 08:51:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
The ref said on TV that as well as the dodgy patch in the penalty area there was a bit of the pitch where the water had started to accumulate that must have drained form other areas of the pitch - this had not been apparent earlier.

Reminded me of that test match at Old Trafford a few years ago...

Either way, it matters not that the players may or may not have wanted to play, arguing about it now won't change thins one bit...

No, but it's important to stop this happening in the future. The procedures we have in place at the moment just arn't good enough.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 08, 2014, 08:54:04 pm by IDM »
What procedures?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 08, 2014, 08:54:38 pm by the vicar »
we can only tell it as it is now i will have to miss the match and i have never missed an FA CUP first match  in all the years i have been going to football from 8 yrs old to my now 63

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 08, 2014, 08:54:48 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I agree cism its not good enough there is no reason why it couldnt have been called off earlier

TinyPortal © 2005-2012